Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Horrible Mouse Acceleration
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:23 pm 

I just reinstalled this game because I would really like to play it again, but it seems to still have the mouse acceleration problem that made me give up on it before.

I am using a razer deathadder now. I had used a logitech and a CM inferno at one point. All have had the same issue in this game. I have no problems in any other games (save those rare gems like this one that auto-enable acceleration and have no way to disable it), and Mouse acceleration is disabled absolutely everywhere else possible. (mouse drivers, desktop environment)

Anyway, I see there is still no in-game option to adjust mouse sensitivity or toggle off mouse acceleration, so I thought maybe...
Is there a config file for this game where i can type in something like
"mouse_accceleration=false"
or some such?

The game is tons of fun, but is currently borderline unplayable due to my mouse being so overly twitchy while in this game. And I've been a computer gamer and tech geek for long enough to know that it is due to some form of version of mouse acceleration.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Post subject: Re: Horrible Mouse Acceleration
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:43 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

The game does not have mouse acceleration, but the sensitivity is indeed pretty high. Note that "mouse acceleration" and "sensitivity" are not the same thing: "sensitivity" just means how fast the cursor moves when you move the mouse, while "mouse acceleration" means that the cursor starts moving faster when you keep moving the mouse. Which of the two are you actually experiencing?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:19 pm 

I am aware of the difference, but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure which it is because it's so out of hand in this game.

That being said, it feels like acceleration.
As I mentioned I have already turned off acceleration everywhere else possible that i am aware of.
I have also tried turning down my sensitivity, but it doesn't seem to make much difference in this game. It does however, make my other games mouse settings way too slow. So I set it back to the original settings. <- This is why i assume it's acceleration of some sort and not simply a sensitivity issue.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:08 am 
Ronimo Team Member

The game itself really does not contain any mouse acceleration though. I don't know where, but there must be some setting on your mouse or drivers that is causing this behaviour...

Have you tried what happens when you run in Windowed mode? To do so, edit this file:

C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\swords and soldiers\Data\Settings\Screen.settings

Open it in Notepad and change the line "fullscreen" into "windowed".

How does the mouse behave when you play windowed?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:17 pm 

It acts the same in windowed mode.

Is there a way, similar to the windowed mode tweak, to reduce the in-game sensitivity via a text tweak to a config file of some sort?

Perhaps there is simply some odd confluence of settings that is making it so that I just can't lower the sensitivity enough via my mouse driver and desktop settings and if I can lower the in-game sensitivity (if possible) and my desktop settings both, then by their powers combined it will have the desired effect.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:24 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I just checked, but unfortunately there is no mouse sensitivity setting that you can tweak.

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:46 pm 

Oh well, thanks for looking =)