Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post subject: Re: Please No New Features!
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:50 am 

eddster27 wrote:

I can't even

whats ur favorite latte flavor?

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:08 am 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
eddster27 wrote:

I can't even

whats ur favorite latte flavor?

how do you take your coffee?

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:30 pm 

i don't drink coffee

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:21 pm 

Ronimo does need to concentrate on fixing major problems with the game. Some of them can be fixed by adding new features (cough draft mode) but most of them are just balance issues.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:20 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
GuyBrush wrote:
...(cough draft mode)...

I actually do not know how many times this point has to be raised before the answer we have given for the 422,582,199th time is accepted.

Draft mode would split the queue (or whatever is left of it) too much for it to be feasible, according to Ronimo. Now, they might be wrong, but you know there is no force on this earth capable of changing their minds.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:49 pm 

eddster27 wrote:
I can't even begin to describe the irony of this message.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
GuyBrush wrote:
...(cough draft mode)...

I actually do not know how many times this point has to be raised before the answer we have given for the 422,582,199th time is accepted.

Draft mode would split the queue (or whatever is left of it) too much for it to be feasible, according to Ronimo. Now, they might be wrong, but you know there is no force on this earth capable of changing their minds.

*removed*
Just make all pub matches have a quick draft like a sped up nautsdrafter.com. How would that split anything!? :chucho:

It's like when they didn't want to show the map, but now everyone loves it. Except it's even dumber not to have a draft when drafts decide games more than maps do.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Last edited by Alpha Z on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be mature, don't insult other forumers.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:08 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
EDIT: removed quote because the line was deleted in moderation.

For the draft thing, people were adverse to the idea of making Awesomenauts anything but "relaxing" and "low-stress", apparently unaware that it is now—and has not been for some time—neither of those things. A draft on base would make Awesomenauts too competitive, in their opinion.

I, personally, agree with that idea—trying to be the next big MOBA is where most of the bad choices stemmed from.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Last edited by The Lord Protector on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
As for the draft thing, people were adverse to the idea of making Awesomenauts anything but "relaxing" and "low-stress", apparently unaware that it is now—and has not been for some time—neither of those things. A draft on base would make Awesomenauts too competitive, in their opinion.

I, personally, agree with that idea—trying to be the next big MOBA is where most of the bad choices stemmed from.

How is something so basic as being competitive "trying to be the next big MOBA"? Literally everyone wanted this game to be competitive since the beginning. It doesn't mean that it can't be easy to get into and very accessible at the same time. PONG and Tetris are both played competitively and they couldn't have been more accessible.

Conversely, people don't want games to be full of abuses and exploits and be unfair. That's why they want competitive games. The "low stress" part is just about not having stupid mechanics that don't make sense, or a game dev thinking they need to overload players with useless information. This is exactly what the XP-System is doing and it's "high stress" for new players and even old players who just want to play the game instead of a snowball simulator. They need to go back to a simple solar system!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:34 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
...Literally everyone wanted this game to be competitive since the beginning...

If you mean "competitive" as in "you compete to win", then yes—I mean it more as "with an actual, functional competitive scene like Dota/LoL", which is never going to happen.

DeezNauts wrote:
Conversely, people don't want games to be full of abuses and exploits and be unfair. That's why they want competitive games. The "low stress" part is just about not having stupid mechanics that don't make sense, or a game dev thinking they need to overload players with useless information. This is exactly what the XP-System is doing and it's "high stress" for new players and even old players who just want to play the game instead of a snowball simulator. They need to go back to a simple solar system!

Overloading with useless information = yes.

Snowballing = disagree, see previous reasoning as to why.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next