Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52  Next

Post subject: Re: Development blog posts
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:59 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Auburok wrote:
I joined specifically to comment on this, but I have to say I love reading these development blogs. I noticed a lot of what you've outlined in the sound design when it comes to kill streaks, and how it mixes with the main theme, and I thought it was genius how getting a kill streak can amplify a mood and give the player that sort of "I'm awesome" feeling. This game is really, really well designed and polished, and these blogs are great examples of how good games are designed. I look forward to additional posts!

Yeah, Sonic Picnic did an absolutely incredible job on the music for Awesomenauts! Really nice working with them. :) I was already planning on doing a blogpost at some point about some tricks we did with the music volume and such. Did you notice that Sonic Picnic wrote a guest post about the sound and music of Awesomenauts a couple of months ago? You can find it here:

http://joostdevblog.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... diary.html

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 pm 

Speaking of music and Sonic Picnic... any chance we'll be able to buy the soundtrack?

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:12 pm 

Joost wrote:
Auburok wrote:
I joined specifically to comment on this, but I have to say I love reading these development blogs. I noticed a lot of what you've outlined in the sound design when it comes to kill streaks, and how it mixes with the main theme, and I thought it was genius how getting a kill streak can amplify a mood and give the player that sort of "I'm awesome" feeling. This game is really, really well designed and polished, and these blogs are great examples of how good games are designed. I look forward to additional posts!

Yeah, Sonic Picnic did an absolutely incredible job on the music for Awesomenauts! Really nice working with them. :) I was already planning on doing a blogpost at some point about some tricks we did with the music volume and such. Did you notice that Sonic Picnic wrote a guest post about the sound and music of Awesomenauts a couple of months ago? You can find it here:

http://joostdevblog.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... diary.html

I did indeed see it. It was super cool to see the recording of Voltar's voice and the theme song. I second the option to buy the soundtrack!

Baconbits wrote:
Children please.

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:05 pm 

Elvick wrote:
Speaking of music and Sonic Picnic... any chance we'll be able to buy the soundtrack?

This! This so harrrd.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:46 pm 

Elvick wrote:

This, I would love to buy the soundtrack :D

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:36 am 

Yea maybe Ronimo can send Sonic Picnic a little e-mail or something and let them know we want the soundtrack.

I knew I heard Streets of Rage in there !!!!

I also here some Herzog Zwei in there....there is a certain part of a song that sounds nearly identical to a song in Herzog Zwei...( one of the best games ever on any console )...

Reminds me of the early 90's playing Sega .

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:33 am 

ya soundtrack is awesome, maybe downloadable dlc? just want to say you guys hit a homerun with awesomenauts. I dont get into these kinda games normally. Wish you the best of luck on the greater market.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:10 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

The soundtrack is coming to you at some point! :)

In the meanwhile, here is a new development blogpost, partially about Awesomenauts. This one is a bit more technical and aimed at programmers, but if you enjoy that kind of stuff, then have a look! :ugeek:

Programming with pasta

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:58 pm 

So I guess that intern felt pretty stupid when you told him you threw away his code? :lol:
And thanks for another blog, they're nice to read :)

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm 

Why do you have to fill in pictures of food between the interesting lines of words! THIS IS MAKING ME HUNGRY! :P

Anyway, I really do enjoy your blogs, so keep 'em coming!

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52  Next