Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Post subject: Re: Development blogposts
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:53 am 

Joost wrote:
We don't currently have a female intern at Ronimo (we often do, just not at the moment). In recent blogposts I try to always call undetermined gamers or developers "she" since I think it's lame that most people default to "he" and automatically assume gamers are male.

Uh…that's actually a very interesting way to combat that. As a woman myself I don't mind I was just so conditioned to hear "he" as the go to for all genders half the time. Simply because it's shorter to spell. :) Gonna steal that :D

Joost wrote:
By the way, what's up with the "yo" "YO" thing?

It's like a statement of astonishment or awe.
Like you said something that caught my attention which makes me say the first "yo".

And then you provide evidence that fulfills what I was hoping to see and more, making me say the last word before but even louder because I can not hold back my excitement.

"yo :o (are you saying the truth? that can't be real!)
YO :shock: :GnawShock: :shock: :drone: :bluecheer: (It is real!) "

:scoop:

Reifiui wrote:
Catti is the forumer that we need, but don't deserve

I'm open to art Commissions!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 am 

catgame21234 wrote:
"yo (are you saying the truth? that can't be real!)
YO (It is real!) "

Alternatively you were in the middle of a yoyo trick and announced when you started it and when you finished it.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:09 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Hell, it's about time: a new blogpost on development of Awesomenauts! This one is about how we made backgrounds in the Starstorm map deeper and richer. :ix:

Adding more depth to 2D levels using scissor rectangles

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:10 pm 

This borders on being off-topic but here goes anyway.
About the 'he' vs 'she' thing:

Why not simply use 'they'? It's gender-neutral and (despite what some people may tell you) gramatically correct and removes the confusion that either exclusive use of 'he' or 'she' causes.
Also helpful on the off chance you guys get a nonbinary/agender/etc intern at some point but I don't know how common of an occurrence that is.

Steam | Discord Tag: Mes#5930
Yes, hello.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:17 pm 
Adminaut

Maks wrote:
This borders on being off-topic but here goes anyway.
About the 'he' vs 'she' thing:

Why not simply use 'they'? It's gender-neutral and (despite what some people may tell you) gramatically correct and removes the confusion that either exclusive use of 'he' or 'she' causes.

Yeh "They" is the correct gender-ambiguous term. It's really odd Ronimo made ix officially genderless but then continue to use gendered terms :derp: I even remember Jasper (or was it Davey?) accidentally calling Ix "She" on a stream one time.

Quote:
Also helpful on the off chance you guys get a nonbinary/agender/etc intern at some point but I don't know how common of an occurrence that is.

Not to be pedantic, but from my understanding of "agender", 'he' and 'she' are completely acceptable.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 pm 

Emo Chapington wrote:
It's really odd Ronimo made ix officially genderless but then continue to use gendered terms :derp: I even remember Jasper (or was it Davey?) accidentally calling Ix "She" on a stream one time.

Assigning a gender to things that have no confirmed gender and that people have some form of attachment to (for better or for worse) is something that has come naturally to humans for centuries. It's a way of humanizing things.
The motherland/fatherland. People naming their weapons. People naming boats. etc.

"They" or "It" is very impersonal and cold language.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:18 pm 

Duralumi wrote:
Emo Chapington wrote:
It's really odd Ronimo made ix officially genderless but then continue to use gendered terms :derp: I even remember Jasper (or was it Davey?) accidentally calling Ix "She" on a stream one time.

Assigning a gender to things that have no confirmed gender and that people have some form of attachment to (for better or for worse) is something that has come naturally to humans for centuries. It's a way of humanizing things.
The motherland/fatherland. People naming their weapons. People naming boats. etc.

This horrendous palet of shiny green color can work for Ix also.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

MetaYondaime wrote:
Mr Nutz wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
Liberté

Egalité

Fraternité

All together for a totally fair leaderboard and an absolutely balanced game.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:34 pm 
Adminaut

Duralumi wrote:

I disagree. I think it's just the way the social convention seems to be "default to calling anything human as "he". Consider genders later." since most people seem to have a default term they use for everyone and then they have to make the exception for 50% of the planet. At least that's what it looks like to me, since I don't default to either and well I get it wrong more often than I get it right :derp:

Personifying things with names is a different matter altogether. Ix is also personified in that Ix bears a name, a personality and story, as well as a unique design with human-like features.
"They" isn't really cold. "It" comes across cold to some, but "they" seems pretty much on-par with "he" and "she" as far as I am concerned.
Besides, he's literally a rock, he's about as "cold" as you can get Image Both literally and figuratively.

How did we get to this topic from rendering tools for artwork sprites?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:58 pm 

Yeah, I enjoy (or at least, don't mind) this topic myself but...maybe not the most appropriate thread on the forums for that sort of thing. :jimmy:

Steam | Discord Tag: Mes#5930
Yes, hello.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:56 am 

I'm pretty sure Ix's gender-ambiguity was an ascended meme and/or a way to get more people into the voice contest. He has a male voice, and 99% of the time he's called "he" by the community and devs. His freaking backstory says "himself" at one point. He's a he.

I really enjoyed this blogpost. I'm no dev, nor do I want to be, but I do like seeing art evolution. I didn't even know Ribbit's bottom lane was supposed to be a cave. It's crazy how a simple tool can make a map look so much more amazing.

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next