Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: BEST Awesomenauts moments?
 Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 am 

Pic or no pic, it is up to you whether to believe or not.

I was playing Leon in this one game on AI Station. Had just died, respawned and went back to battlefield. I see this huge free-for-all, where the low HP enemy Vinnie puffs out a smoke cloud, when I was using jump pad on opponents side behind the 1st turret. Of course I get blinded, but shoot my tongue to the presumed direction of Vinnie anyway.
I just killed the Vinnie.

Steam: jayemraichu (name: JayEmPlays)
Mah YouTube Channel (AwesoMondays!)

Post subject: Re: BEST Awesomenauts moments?
 Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:01 pm 

I loved it in a private match where I got chased by 2 guys as a clunk on AI station. I was almost dead, so I used the jumppad back towards their turrets. Then I activated explode and just dropped down again, and I hit both of my chasers resulting in a double kill. :)

Another fun one was a few days back. I was at the enemy base on AI Station, and my teammates both died. So I was stuck there with their bottom turret still standing and they (gnaw/genji/skoll) were all there. But I had double regen and snarebite, so I played a dodging game for about 30 seconds and still managed to survive and get out. xD

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 pm 

I killed 3 people nearly all at once with Gnaws DoT, all DoT. Another time I got a wipe out with one dash, ah the good times ^_^

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 pm 

Lightning and I duo-queued and joined in on a league 3 match a long time ago. It was a 1v1 before we joined, but the enemy player rage quits, leaving just bots on their side. Then Team Awful joins. I'm wondering how we'll approach their Froggy/Skølldir/Yuri team comp when I see our Clunk decide to just go in on them. He just jumps into them and suicides. The funny thing is that since he had a 100 damage explode at this point, it actually ended up being just enough to win the fight. I'm the last one standing and get to finish them all off for a triple kill.

Offscreen tongue grabs on console were much more common, since the FoV is smaller. I remember a really close game where a Lonestar and a Leon were attacking our base, with my teammates pushing for some reason. I jump in behind them, land one or two 50 damage backstabs along with a couple of 22 damage ones, chase them off, and right after landing the finishing blow on Leon, I tongue up into the air, getting a lucky kill on Lonestar off-screen. Since the game was so close, our opponents actually took the loss instead of rage quitting at the last second, too.

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:40 pm 

Shoot ball lighting randomly. Get a double kill

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:59 pm 

Got to share this another one I had.

At one time I played Raelynn alot, and I was having me and my friend queue for matches. It was Ribbit IV, and I started preparing my Snipe to kill a escaping Leon. At the same moment another enemy (don't remember him/her) ran past me with low health, my friend chased him/her there, and BAM.
Double kill with Snipe. I literally saw the stars aligning less than a second before that.

Steam: jayemraichu (name: JayEmPlays)
Mah YouTube Channel (AwesoMondays!)

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:06 pm 

I just now had a game with that bug where a player joins an already-full team... It was me, as Lonestar and a Raeylnn.

Long story short, 2 vs 4, and we won :D

Also we had a feeder clunk bot :3

Wish I had recorded it ;_;

(⌐■_■)

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:07 pm 

This one time my health bar wasn't even visible because I was on so little HP as froggy, and was being chased by a half HP leon from his turret on sorona to mine. He didn't have tongue and his slashes were coming so close to hitting me and I got behind the turret, turned around, and dash killed him.

I also taunted afterwards, and had a good laugh with the guys I was playing with at the time.

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:10 pm 

Joining a game on Sorona with our last turret almost gone and they have all their turrets. Not long after I join one of my teammates leave. I didn't even get to see what they were. We lost the last turret but then me as Coco and the Rae on my team managed to destroy all their turrets and their base with a useless bot and only taking about 25% to our base. Just feels good to join what feels a lost game then winning & dominating it.

On an other game I got a lovely but very lucky ball kill on AI station. The enemy lost their first turret, I misfire a ball towards the enemy Coco on the top turret and it just shoots straight down, next thing I know the ball exploded on their Froggy G on the bottom lane who I never knew was even down there.

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:12 pm 

Also a triple kill snipe, 2 visible people with an invis Leon, brilliant!!