Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Possibility of a PS Vita release in the future?
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 pm 

There is no question a need for more PS Vita games and there's already a noticeable cry from Awesomenauts community for a Vita port. I am among the many handheld gamers that would love to take this game on the go. Is there any chance of a future vita port? If funding is an issue I could see a prepurchase program or kickstarter to be two approaches that may solve these issues. Please let us know if it is or isn't a possibility!

Post subject: Re: Possibility of a PS Vita release in the future?
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:00 pm 

I don't think a MOBA/multiplayer only game is good for an handheld platform.

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:24 pm 

You can still do practice matches online, and if you are near wifi you can play online.

I asked the same thing in a different thread on launch day. I would love to see this happen. And would love to pay this time. ;) 8-)

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:23 pm 

Ripper wrote:

Not sure why you'd say this wouldn't be good for a handheld platform. There is hardly any difference between a dual shock and a vita's control layout and I know vitas hardware can easily handle a 2D MOBA platformer. There's no reason why it wouldn't work. Don't be biased towards portable gaming. People don't have problems with laptops for PC gaming. The vita is essentially the laptop version of the ps3 to some extent.

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:41 pm 

Yorkifyme wrote:
Ripper wrote:

Not sure why you'd say this wouldn't be good for a handheld platform. There is hardly any difference between a dual shock and a vita's control layout and I know vitas hardware can easily handle a 2D MOBA platformer. There's no reason why it wouldn't work. Don't be biased towards portable gaming. People don't have problems with laptops for PC gaming. The vita is essentially the laptop version of the ps3 to some extent.

I mean, an handheld platform is made to play out of your home... but even with the 3G PS Vita, we can't play online without Wifi access.

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 pm 

Ripper wrote:
I mean, an handheld platform is made to play out of your home... but even with the 3G PS Vita, we can't play online without Wifi access.

You made my point for me in that sentence. The Vita can't play without wifi. With that logic the vita shouldn't have online gaming at all? No. People who want to play their vita games online will play at home or at wifi hot spots. And if you haven't noticed, wifi is everywhere, especially in more populated urban areas.

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:10 pm 

Ripper wrote:
Yorkifyme wrote:
Ripper wrote:

A handheld platform is made to play anywhere. Not just out of your home.

I bet if we had statistics, they'd reveal startling figures regarding the percentage of use of these devices, within the home. Personally I would rather play Awesomenauts on my Vita where I could play anywhere in the house, than on my PS3.

I think these 'light' more pick up and play games are great for handheld games. Awesomenauts is a great title and it'd make sense if they intend to establish this game as an IP / platform for DLC to release on as many platforms as possible.

A Vita and PC version would definitely make sense.

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:45 pm 

Ripper wrote:

$500 says people said that about MOBAs and consoles. Yet here we are.

@topic; I'd love it and gladly pay for it separately if that's what it would take. I have no plans to use splitscreen on the PS3 *foreveralone.jpg* so the loss of that on PSVita won't matter. Although if they could do adhoc, that'd be a boss feature to add. Even though I couldn't use it.

Even just having the same features, sans splitscreen would be fine with me though. I love being able to take a game with me anywhere in the house. Plus, I love my PSVita.

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:43 pm 

Exactly! Great points by the way. Nice to hear from more passionate handheld gamers that share this vision! I love my iPod touch, my psp, and my vita because I can take them anywhere in my apartment. I can play lying in bed, on the couch, at the dinner table, and etc. if I want to. If someone wants to watch tv I don't have to quit gaming, I can pick them up and start playing. As you were saying, handhelds aren't all about gaming while your away from home, they serve a purpose within it as well. I completely agree with that view, and I think this game would be something I would enjoy playing anywhere and everywhere, online or offline.

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 am 

As this game doesn't use any sort of online profile other than for the systems themselves, a Vita port would be only for Vita users who haven't gotten it on the console (or for die-hards willing to start all over, me not included).

I'm not opposed to a Vita port, but because of this I'd rather see the resources go towards expansion of the current release and a PC version, preferably.