Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Swords & Soldiers 2 and Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:04 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Today we announced that we are working on a new title: Swords & Soldiers II. If you haven't seen our teaser-trailer yet, make sure to check it out over at swordsandsoldiers2.com! We are really excited to be sharing the existence of this game with the world, but we understand that this might raise some questions in the Awesomenauts community. We'd like to take this opportunity to address some of these.

Swords & Soldiers II has been in development since November 2011, and the project has co-existed with Awesomenauts ever since. To make sure we were able to do two projects at the same time, our studio has grown substantially over the last couple of years. In fact, while we started developing Awesomenauts with a team of just 9 people, the Ronimo team will have grown to include 21 members by next week.

The amazing support that we've gotten from our community has kept us coming up with new ideas for Awesomenauts, and we want to keep Awesomenauts growing for many more years. The game is branching out to the Playstation 4 next week, which is going to be an awesome new chapter for us, and we have more cool stuff waiting for you in Voltar's Vault! The Kickstarter we did for Awesomenauts: Starstorm has ensured we can continue development on the game for a long time, and we have absolutely no intention of stopping support for the game when all the items on the roadmap have been completed. Needless to say, not a penny from the Awesomenauts: Starstorm crowdfunding campaign is being used to develop Swords & Soldiers II.

In addition to all the new features that we've promised to bring you in the Awesomenauts: Starstorm Kickstarter, there are a couple of new features, overhauls, and fixes in the works that we think you'll be excited about. It's a little bit too early to talk about those, but I just want you to know that the development of Awesomenauts will not be taking a backseat to Swords & Soldiers II. We have a bigger, more experienced team than we ever did before, and that allows us to handle two projects at the same time.

We hope you are just as excited about our new project as we are. We want to make this game just as cool as Awesomenauts, and so far I think we're on the right track! We'll be unveiling more about Swords & Soldiers II in the coming weeks, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

If you have any additional questions or concerns about the relation between Awesomenauts and the development of Swords & Soldiers II, please let me know in the comments below or reach out to robin@ronimo-games.com. Either way, please try to contain the discussion regarding this topic to this particular thread. I'll try to address as many concerns as I can in this thread. If you would like to discuss Swords & Soldiers II in general, you can find the newly-created S&S2 subforum over here: viewforum.php?f=22

Post subject: Re: Swords & Soldiers 2 and Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:09 pm 

Just want to confirm - Swords and Soldier 2 is NOT related to Voltar's Vault?

hahahahaha
you're serious aren't you
god dammit

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Though Voltar's Vault contains many secrets, Swords & Soldiers II was not one of them. Onwards & upwards, dear Hype Train!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 pm 

WiiU saved?

Already cynical and bitter at life like a dejected old man.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:20 pm 

Awesome! :thumb:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:21 pm 

Voltars Vault yesterday, Swords and Soldiers 2 today... I dont want to know what happens tommorow... I simply cant stand this pressure... :>

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:21 pm 

Robin wrote:
Though Voltar's Vault contains many secrets, Swords & Soldiers II was not one of them. Onwards & upwards, dear Hype Train!

Phew. That easies my conscious! :thumb:
Also, right now you've only announced that S&S2 is coming to WiiU. Will a PC release be happening as well?
Nemnon wrote:
Voltars Vault yesterday, Swords and Soldiers 2 today... I dont want to know what happens tommorow..

I bet it's Foxy or something else related to 2.3. :shady:

hahahahaha
you're serious aren't you
god dammit

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:32 pm 

Addressing this before anyone had a chance to ask is very admirable. Guaranteed awesomenauts AND a new S&S.

I still think Awesomenauts can explode and scale to a much bigger player base. Good luck guys.

Last edited by Nintendude92 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:33 pm 

<3 u romero

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:56 pm 

Mowcno wrote:
WiiU saved?

Lol I wish.