Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1189, 1190, 1191, 1192, 1193  Next

Post subject: Re: Anger Management Thread - Post your frustrating moments
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 pm 

Duskitty wrote:
Datguyoverthere wrote:
Alpha Z wrote:
You are questioning GuyBrush. Unless you value your sanity, I would advise rethinking this choice you've made.

In all seriousness GuyBrush, I know you like your memes but I'd advise against being so...controversial.

You're calling out Guybrush for being "controversial" when you're a clear sjw, and abuse your powers to lock topics that arent needed of a close, not closing down topics that have gone clear out of topic, and even not giving out warnings or explanations for locking of threads.
Yes you're a real saint compared to Guybrush lets have a round of applause for the work of Alpha Z everyone.

*Comes to thread*
*Sees people calling me an SJW because I don't like people needlessly defending bad players who aren't even on their team*
*Sees people refering to that statement as a "meme"*
*Leaves thread*

For the record: I use SJW as a broad general term for someone who focuses on being nice way too much. I know the general connotation is for someone who forces socially progressive views down other people's throats (multiculturalism, feminism, civil rights, etc.) but I still think that forced inclusivity of people who simply aren't that good counts as a form of social justice.
More like middle-school social justice, but Image

On topic: I know it sounds horiffically narcissistic, but every time I see a Voltar who isn't me they do terribly.
It's a shame, because in all honesty Voltar isn't that difficult of a character. It's just that I see some completely common sense mistakes like not letting Chili Eyedrops charge, placing healbots way to close to the droid wave (and letting the droids kill it), running way too close to try to hit your drones/not predicting enemy movement with your drone shots... These are all things that you pick up on after playing Voltar for more than 1 match. But I forget that, in Awesomenauts, everyone's a noob who's never played the game before.

Also when are we going to remove Turret Addon? Or at least make it not the biggest trash meme in Voltar's kit?

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: (MaxEmote), [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 pm 

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#5930 | I'm a tech support volunteer!

I play, with varying degrees of success:
:ayla: :jimmy: :CocoWink: :rae: :scoop: :rocco: :party: :ksenia:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:16 pm 

Datguyoverthere wrote:
Yes you're a real saint compared to Guybrush lets have a round of applause for the work of Alpha Z everyone.

I could capture this single sentence and slap it onto 50% of this community tbh.

Steam :raehands:
Balance feedbacks here
Discord français d'awesomenauts

datguyoverthere wrote:
lets have a round of applause for the work of Alpha Z everyone.

Blatoy wrote:
Ping me more

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:09 pm 

Seriously, how the heck did we go from calling a random player a SJW on a rant forum to basically insinuating all the Mods on this forum are one?

Regardless of my views on how this forum is moderated, that jab was still uncalled for and can at least be questioned in PMs. Heck, if you really think a moderator is doing a garbage job, go message Ronimo. At the end of the day they have a specific view on how they want things done versus the community.

It might not coincide with your (or my) view but it's the reality of being in someone else's forum.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm 

"Damn foreigner", says a Skolldir, after I (as Nibbs) orbed and fire breathed him when he was sticking his face to our top turret in AI Station 205. Lag or not, don't you think a sudden attack is to be expected, especially on that map? He was sticking so close to the turret that I actually pulled him using my orb.

Besides, I could say the same thing. It's not like I wanted to be matched into a game full of Americans/Europeans (I wasn't at midnight or something like that too), and the lag goes BOTH way, so it's not like I was having a pleasant time fighting a team of Skolldir/Raelynn/Scoop as Nibbs. (Erm, please don't tell me to stop playing Nibbs though. I just want to be one of the few people who main Nibbs even at a higher league.)

On the bright side, I actually didn't bother to reply, so he didn't say anything else in that match... although I still spent the whole match annoyed by that one comment.

---

But do you know what's worse than being flamed by your opponents? Flamed by your teammates. If you think I'm doing something wrong (like being too aggressive/defensive, building my character wrong, going off alone too much, etc), you can just say that. Swearing at me or calling me names WON'T help me (or anyone else) perform better. I mean, taking time to bash (instead of properly advising) your teammate while you're still in a match has to be one of the most foolish things to do. I get taunting your opponents and making them angry so that they will play poorly, but verbally attacking your teammate and making them angry and annoyed? What are you trying to accomplish there? ... Aside from making yourself feel better by shoving the blame elsewhere. Man, I hate people sometimes.

-

One more, an Ix said "bad teammates" in all chat after me and a Scoop died. (Granted, I probably messed up at that time.) After the Scoop asked him "how do I play better?" The Ix only told him "don't die". I mean, geez, couldn't he at least suggest something more specific like "buy HP/survivability upgrade", or "play defensively"? Did he think we were dying on purpose? Or that we can simply "stop dying" just because we willed so or were told so? Sheesh.

During that match, our opponents complimented on our quick pushing, but the Ix protested, saying that he is the only one pushing... Which is technically true. But doesn't he realize that I was busy warding off a Derpl and Nibbs all by myself in the top lane? (In Ribbit IV.)

We actually won that match... but I bet that Ix probably thinks that he won the match for us. (Though granted, again, he did manage to push the bottom lane while I was struggling in the top lane. He certainly made a lot of progress without me.) My only consolation was the fact that the enemy Nibbs pointed out his earlier declaration of "bad teammates".

I get that losing feels bad, and I get that we had some sloppy plays... but people are so quick to put the blame elsewhere. Humph...

ChrisD wrote:
Screw this game's community.

I'm finally just going the way of Laika and muting all you *ers. No more chat, period. It's not worth it.

I think you have the right idea. I still have hopes of proper communication in-game, but I'm totally going to do this too as soon as I reach my limit.

mewnah wrote:
don't wanna deal with being in league 2 anymore. im not good enough to stay here but still good enough to not drop back into l3 :aylaroll:
General Disarray wrote:
Half of L2 (myself included) should really be in L3, and current L3 and below should be pushed down accordingly.

Me too. I have been going back and forth between L2 and L3 for a while, but now I'm just stuck at (low) L2, always alternating between winning and losing. (Which, err, is the point of the ranking system, I suppose...) I think the only way for me to drop back to L3 is if I lose a couple of games in a row, or lose against someone below L3. But even if I drop back to L3, I'd probably still need to deal with those L2ers from time to time anyway...

I don't mind losing, but there is just too much pressure in the higher leagues (as seen by my rants about being blamed by my teammates). I wish people would just take it easy. It's okay to lose. Even more so if it's not your fault. Do they have to make their teammates miserable as well? And if they absolutely must put blame, couldn't they be constructive or specific about it?

I also wish people would be less malicious. I mean, is there even a reason to say "ez" in or after a match, aside from making your opponents angry? That's not even stroking your own ego...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm 

"If you're in good enough to be in league 2, you should be good enough to deal with our l1 premade. stop being a salty loser"

??????????
????????
a real l1 premade said this to me and i just don't understand :chucho:

blah. i like these guys ---> :think: :worship: :huh: :party: :facepalm: :tongue: :ayla: :chucho:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 pm 

mewnah wrote:
"If you're in good enough to be in league 2, you should be good enough to deal with our l1 premade. stop being a salty loser"

??????????
????????
a real l1 premade said this to me and i just don't understand :chucho:

Maybe they think that the L2s are good enough to compete with L1s? I kind of agree with that, philosophically, as in, you shouldn't let your league stop you from challenging someone from a higher league... But there are such things as "high L2" and "low L2"... as in, there are L2 players who are only a few rating points away from making to L1, but there are also L2 players who are only few points away from dropping back to L3. High L2s might be indistinguishable from L1s, but I don't think it is accurate to lump the whole L2 together and saying they are all good enough to compete with L1 premades.

Besides, being in a premade undeniably gives you a lot of advantages. Even more so if the whole team are good players. I think it's natural to be miffed when faced against such team when your teammates are just random strangers. The "salty loser" comment is definitely uncalled for too. They could have said something more constructive like "you could form your own team" instead. (Yes, I know forming a team is easier said than done, but this suggestion would still be infinitely better than that "salty loser" comment.)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:55 am 

i have good news everyone

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:02 am 

if only forums had pins

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:17 am 

Aquablast wrote:
Maybe they think that the L2s are good enough to compete with L1s? I kind of agree with that, philosophically, as in, you shouldn't let your league stop you from challenging someone from a higher league... But there are such things as "high L2" and "low L2"... as in, there are L2 players who are only a few rating points away from making to L1, but there are also L2 players who are only few points away from dropping back to L3. High L2s might be indistinguishable from L1s, but I don't think it is accurate to lump the whole L2 together and saying they are all good enough to compete with L1 premades.

This is not how this works. This is not how any of this works... :facepalm:

Leagues don't matter at all in matchmaking. Just rating and only rating. You can forget leagues even exist.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1189, 1190, 1191, 1192, 1193  Next