Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Nauts Randomizer [0.6]
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:23 am 

What the hell is this, Gifte? :fist:

Well I got some free time to do this little program based on one of Emo's ideas:

What is it?
Nauts Randomizer is a little program that gives you a random naut to play based on previous random picks &/or normal picks. The more a naut gets picked the less probable is to be picked on a future until every other naut has been played once more (if that makes sense)

Quick note:
> This does not affect on anything the game, so alt+tab each time to use, one of the ideas is to make it give a list as an output so you do not have to alt+tab.
> More info inside README.txt

>>Download latest version <<
>>Download previous version <<

Unfortunately I could only export it to windows, might look into that later :cocoon:

Expansion? Comments?
Well, this was made quickly with enjoyment, I'm starting to use it to get my randoms and I do get quite different nauts from what I used to get with Awesomenauts-default random. It is also quite nice to be able to re-roll the dice.

While I do have ideas to expand it to be more complete and optimal(randomness is unpredictable :table: ) (see README.txt in the .rar) and interesting, I do not think I'll get to it anytime soon as the base needs are covered... but I would love to see what people think of this thing so I know how good it'll be to keep on with it.

Custom launchers

As an extra, I've taken the drawings and put them as launchers for Awesomenauts, here have an example:
I have uploaded all of them to my art thread, so go check them out!

------------------------------------
VERSION CHANGES & UPDATES
------------------------------------
Version 0.6 changes:
> Added Ksenia to the cast! *Time to dress the hair!*Image
> New feature: Semi-Randomized builds! , tired of getting the most rubbish builds when randoming? (I bet not) Well say no more! Semi-randomized builds work in a way that you get at least one cool upgrade in each row! By getting one mandatory upgrade, one non-mandatory and a fully randomized last upgrade! You can easily by randomizing builds check which are which, the inner list will probably be edited to a better set of mandatory upgrades list so if you have any suggestions feel free to throw them at me!
> Added Web version, not optimal but functional

Version 0.5.1 changes:
> Changed name from "Random Naut Chooser" to "Naut Randomizer" for shortness
> Added Rocco to the cast! *Coo coo!*Image
> Fixed that sometimes banned nauts were not saved properly
> Fixed that Skolldir had no "o" :(

Version 0.5 changes:
> Added Nibbs to the cast! *Roaarrr!*Image
> You can now change the Maximum value of chances to get a naut (4 in previous versions)
> Included "Reset" button

Version 0.4 changes:
> You can now ban and unban Nauts from the list by right-cliking them
> Skree's button is now visible (lol)

Last edited by Gifte on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Random Naut Chooser
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:58 am 

Awesome, downloading it now and will see if/how (well) it works :thumb:
If I follow its decisions though, I will have to play Lonestar, Voltar and Genji D:

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ

:shady: :shady:
Emo Chapington wrote:
Jakob is really nice and friendly :ayla:

:shady: :shady: :^)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:01 am 

It's an interesting concept and I will have to try it.

"Better" randomness is nice.

Last edited by trinary on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:33 am 

Is the current ingame Random button not truly random? I do notice I'm getting the same characters/skins more often than probability would have.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:25 am 

^ I think this version just guarantees that you'll cycle through all the nauts. The current one is random, this is not random (it keeps track of your history) but/so appears "more" random.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:12 am 

Jakob wrote:
If I follow its decisions though, I will have to play Lonestar, Voltar and Genji D:

You can simply ban them, it's explained on the README, click on them until they are at zero and that should do it
trinary wrote:
^ I think this version just guarantees that you'll cycle through all the nauts. The current one is random, this is not random (it keeps track of your history) but/so appears "more" random.
You've nailed it :worship:
But you can still get that full randomness feeling if you just reset+random :derp:
although in reality RNG are still not random but faking the feeling

On top of that, I think I haven't stated it much or strongly, but this is also a solution for me whenever I want to re-roll the dice, since currently at nauts when choosing a random you can't re-roll and get another (unless you exit and come back)

:scoop: And also was an excuse to make some art

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:58 am 
Adminaut

And so, for the second time an idea of mine is taken by a friend and made superior in every way to my version :derp: Not that I mind :chew: Good work Gifte :redcheer:

There are a few issues though:
▪ "Genji The Pollen Prophet" covers the instruction text a bit
▪ No way to increase the values on the 'nauts
▪ No way to permanently lock out a 'naut (It will eventually go back to being "1")
▪ No adjustments to the "default" state (Higher values is closer to the current random, and lower values is more strict about not giving you the same thing twice)
▪ Can't save the given numbers for later use (Sure you can make a note somewhere, but it might be a nice idea to possibly add a save feature? Of course this needs a save location, so there's a drawback)
▪ Program icon has white in the background. People with OCD or OCD-like symptons are going to start a revolution on this :GnawShock:
▪ Skree's icon and value are missing (I know you know of this issue, just listing it here for convenience)
▪ The icons, even if you assume Skree is there, don't seem to be aligned.
▪ Description on what clicking a naut's icon does is a bit vague, but I suppose anyone who knows what the intention of the program is will assume what it does.

That's about everything I could think of. Good luck improving this! :ayla:
(Oh and the artwork is once again marvelous :party: Scoop custom launcher: new best launcher)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:14 am 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
Definitely downloading this now! :thumb:

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:18 am 

Too bad i run Linux :shrug:

Main: :scoop: :party:
Secondairies: :fist: :facepalm: :tear: :think: and about everyone else

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:35 am 

Emo Chapington wrote:
There are a few issues though:
▪ "Genji The Pollen Prophet" covers the instruction text a bit
T-the thing is that Genji is my main, he needs a big awesome text :worship: (yeah, I should probably adjust it)
▪ No way to increase the values on the 'nauts
▪ No way to permanently lock out a 'naut (It will eventually go back to being "1")
Taking notes
▪ No adjustments to the "default" state (Higher values is closer to the current random, and lower values is more strict about not giving you the same thing twice)
I do not really think I'm getting what you mean here :huh: I was thinking on adding a "Normal Random mode" that is just independent of the history
▪ Can't save the given numbers for later use (Sure you can make a note somewhere, but it might be a nice idea to possibly add a save feature? Of course this needs a save location, so there's a drawback)
They are saved automatically, although it seems that this option may not run until few uses of the program for some people, at least on my computer numbers are kept as they were on the previous run :derp: Could you check again if values are not being saved?
▪ Program icon has white in the background. People with OCD or OCD-like symptons are going to start a revolution on this :GnawShock:
It shall be pink, then! :scoop:
Might be a better option to outline 'em as black and take white for the selected naut
▪ Skree's icon and value are missing (I know you know of this issue, just listing it here for convenience)
I dislike Skree, I do not know what you are talking about :sleep:
(yeah, I know :( )
▪ The icons, even if you assume Skree is there, don't seem to be aligned.
If you mean that the first row is more to the right than the second one, that's just my thing, I'd like to make things look less "ordered" or "aligned", but if I plan to add Skree back to the lot, i'd have to align it properly
▪ Description on what clicking a naut's icon does is a bit vague, but I suppose anyone who knows what the intention of the program is will assume what it does.
I'm not that good at explaining, but maybe a small manual in-program would help

That's about everything I could think of. Good luck improving this! :ayla:
(Oh and the artwork is once again marvelous :party: Scoop custom launcher: new best launcher)

Thanks for the feedback! :ayla:

DKWRECKER wrote:
Too bad i run Linux :shrug:

I'll try to get a Linux/web version next time I get onto this :derp: