Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts League Project: PS4 Console Clash Announcem
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:15 am 

9/04/16

Hey folks! Wanted to post another update for today!

We’ve officially announced our first foray into PS4 Tournaments with the recent announcement of Console Clash!
A tournament series specifically made for the console versions of Awesomenauts to celebrate the upcoming patch.

Thanks to the assistance of fellow PS4 community members such as Aaron12906m & TheUnholyicon: I’ve been able to learn more about the differences/capabilities of the platform as well being able to adjust our method of hosting tournaments to better fit console-play.

Currently the first Console Clash tournament will remain exclusive to Playstation 4 due to a few reasons.

-Low Manpower, alas we can’t create tournaments for both consoles at once yet.
-Inexperience in both of the Console’s Respective Ecosystems.
-Xbox One audience will need to stabilize a bit first before anything.

Despite it all, I’m personally excited to see how this tournament will turn out as it’s something I haven’t really done before in Awesomenauts. Here’s to hoping this tournament will reinvigorate the PS4 Competitive scene and possibly inspire more tournaments to be made for both consoles!

The first Console-Clash will begin on September 30th and end on October 1st with check-in/bracket start times at 14:00/15:00 UTC respectively. You can find out more about Console-Clash in it’s own thread here:
http://bit.ly/2bV4qnZ

We are slowly progressing with other aspects of the league project, and down the road I will be opening up discussion threads to see what kind of aspects regarding tournaments we can improve upon, similarly to how Warzone’s approach to it was.

Thanks for reading up and stay tuned for more updates down the road!

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts League Project: PS4 Console Clash Announcem
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:45 am 

10/1/16

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since the last update and while there hasn't been much to talk about lately, there will be a few things I'm planning to do within the next month or so for the ALP initiative.

Today will be the first day of the Console Clash tournament on Playstation 4, and with it came quite a learning experience in working on consoles.
The differences between the platform's game versions, as well as how the ecosystems of each work in terms of communication regarding these events is interesting to me to say the least.

So far it's made me appreciate the benefits we take for granted on the PC version of the game and what they do to make our tournaments easier, and much more versatile as far as production goes.

In the future I would like to share a few things I've learned regarding the platforms for interested tournament organizers/event makers who wish to get a head-start and tips for what to expect in the process of making such things, perhaps I'll make a general guide for tournament hosting/creation for both PC/Console as an optional goal for the ALP.

Anyway, going back to Console Clash for a second. Assuming all is successful with it's launch, I definitely wouldn't mind looking into making this a monthly or bi-monthly sort of deal in order to give those communities something to look forward to in the coming months. Perhaps that is what's needed to regain some of the lost interest people have had on the consoles.

Lastly, as I'm sure people have been wondering. I do intend to get some more info out regarding the PC side of things as there's quite a bit I'd like to talk about that will still need some time to think/discuss about.

I'll also be looking into something else to do alongside Console Clash in the coming months for the PC that will help me readjust to things or learn something new as it has been a while since I've done this sort of thing. :P

Alongside that, there are a few certain aspects that I'd like to ask the community about in the future. Such as what kind of formats for tournaments people would like to see in the future, changes/suggestions to improve the quality of life in these upcoming events as well as general ideas for events/tournaments that would be interesting to see.

Since this is something I'm making with and for the community in mind, I'd prefer it if I knew it would be something that people would generally want or expect to see in the future of ALP from their experiences participating in or watching tournaments.

So with all that said, we hope that the Console Community will enjoy the work our team has done so far, and that all of you have a good time for the coming months!

Thanks for reading all this and stay tuned for new updates in the future!

From
-Alexeus & The Awesomenauts League Project Team

Post subject: Re: ALP: 8+ EVENTS CONFIRMED/CASH/HUGE UPDATE & DETAILS!!!
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:18 am 

1/20/2017

After a few months, a new update has finally be posted!

We have replaced the opening post's existing information and replaced it with the newest update, and have moved the outdated details into the reserved post.

Thanks to everyone who has been working on the project this far along and to those who have still been following to this day. We appreciate all the support and will continue going towards the future!

From
-Alexeus & The ALP Team

Last edited by Alexeus on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:56 am 

Time for me to get to work I guess. Lol

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 pm 

You should really put the current date in large size at the top of the first post, if I didn't bother to check why this thread was pushed on the second page I wouldn't even have realized the first post was updated.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:42 am 

Tuwiuu wrote:
You should really put the current date in large size at the top of the first post, if I didn't bother to check why this thread was pushed on the second page I wouldn't even have realized the first post was updated.

Apologies for that, it's fixed now. Thanks for catching it!

Post subject: Re: ALP: Console Clash 2 - LIVE COVERAGE: $70 Prize Pool!
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:56 pm 

Console Clash 2 - Live Coverage will be starting soon, with information & links regarding the participating team's twitch streams being updated in the opening post!

Wish the best of luck to everyone playing!

Post subject: Re: ALP: Console Clash 2: Congratulations to "WWJVDD?"!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:16 am 

3/6/2017

Today marks the end of Console Clash 2!

Overall, this event has been a blast to run. With more attendees than before and more exciting games in comparison to the last one.

Many thanks to Aaron12906m & NizStar for increasing the existing prize pool from $30 to $70.
With Aaron matching the $30 Minimum pot and NizStar tossing in an extra $10, making up the final prize-pool.

The Champions of today are “WWJVDD?” of whom defeated “Clean-Up Crew” in the finals with a 3-1 Lead!

“WWJVDD?” Team Members consisted of:
TheUnholyIcon, Aaron12906m & O_M_E_G_A_J

Both teams had a dominating performance in the Day 1 Pools. Alongside the fact that now each team has won a Console Clash Tournament! With Clean-Up Crew having won the last tournament under the name “W.A.R Loaders”.

You can find the Finals set within the past broadcasts of:

https://www.twitch.tv/theunholyicon/profile & https://www.twitch.tv/zinoidies/profile

Thank you to all of the finalists & participants who played in today’s games and got as far as they did. Glad to see that you all had a great time playing in the tournament with one another!

In closing, It was great to see so many new faces today joining for the first time. Of which I hope are now more interested in playing matches of this style!

If you didn't play in this event due to hesitance. I encourage you to jump in and take the plunge, since everyone involved in the scene is happy to play, train or team with newcomers to get better at the game or to enjoy themselves!

So if you can make it, I implore you to entertain the idea! Since this won’t be the last time we’ll be here. :)

Thanks for watching, following and participating in Console Clash 2!

From
-Alexeus & The ALP Initiative.

Post subject: Re: ALP: Console Clash 2: Congratulations to "WWJVDD?"!
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:45 am 

Why is this still stickied if Console Clash 2 is over?

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post subject: Re: ALP: An Update Coming Soon!
 Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:22 am 

5/16/17

Hello everyone!

A quick update today, as I am pleased to announce that we will be revealing Three new Events on the May 17th Streamisho!

Tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/ronimogames on Wednesday!
Starting at 17:00 EU / 16:00 UK / 11AM ET / 8AM PT!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

From
-Alexeus & The ALP Initiative