Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post subject: Re: Can we get a leaderboard reset?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:54 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
The response on Twitch can only be described as extraordinary.

For those that have not seen it, they acknowledge that a league reset would mix the new players with the old and that could result in a poor state of affairs regarding matchmaking. They are looking to address that, but hopefully before a league reset happens.

In other words, it has taken them literally months to achieve in communication what we have been screaming from the rooftops from the moment this started happening. I do not believe there is a single person on these forums that does not know what a league reset does, and yet pretty much everyone I have spoken to (both here and privately) advocates for one, and for good reason.

Some of the forum's members here put in so much work to help Ronimo and it is such a shame that all of it is simply being ignored because communication is impossible when huge swathes of humanity are capable of interacting near-instantaneously across the entire planet with minimal time, money, and effort.

Did they say that they WANT to do a season reset once they are able to resolve the matchmaking issues? I wasn't able to watch the streamishow this morning.

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:10 pm 

Really. It cant be that hard to keep the matchmaking just the way it noe is, just hide the current rating system completely from the eyes of the users, and build a new leaderboard using completely different variables to evaluate the progression. I could code it in a week, they could too. Preferably spend a bit more time to make it really awesome feature, but still, making a solution to the current situation would be e-a-s-y if they wanted to.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:28 pm 

Here, since they talk it about it a lot more than what is shown in that short clip posted earlier.

https://youtu.be/xGm_8LCZh1o?t=27m20s

That's when the question gets asked. They talk about it for a while. They also about rank decay.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:16 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
For those who cannot/do not want to watch the particular segment:

"That's something we've been talking about quite a bit here at the office, but at this point we don't have a reset planned—at least for the foreseeable future, because it would have a huge impact on the matchmaking for players in... lower leagues especially, or at least with lower rating.

At this point, the league system is mainly cosmetic; the matchmaker itself doesn't actually take the league into account when matching you against other players. It purely looks at the rating that you have, and resetting that would mean that new players and experienced players—and the extremely veteran players that we have—would all get mixed together for a little while, creating a really poor experience for a lot of players.

That is something we think is a very serious issue, and that we definitely want to address, but it's probably something we should address before doing a reset. I know that's frustrating to some players... or to a lot of players, actually, because for them the leaderboards are an important progression system: climbing the leaderboards is important, and it definitely is, but that's not really the way it was meant to be—or at least not climbing it.

The idea is it reflects your skill compared to the greater community, and it should probably do a better job at that, but resetting it is not going to help."

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:34 pm 

I made a partian solution to the issue by start using nauts I suck as and not practiced much, and not minding that I lose 10 s times a row with them and drop down the rank, since its lost its point due everything anyway.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:26 pm 

Slevens wrote:
Gonna put a block of text here in a list of issues.

- Season reset should of been done 5 months ago, we're almost at the 3rd season within 1 season as Firren said.

- You should of never of removed regular resets, even if they were automated it keeps the game feeling fresh instead of how stagnant it feels right now.

- Rating decay NEEDS to happen, you've got alts on the front page who have not logged a game in for multiple months now which is ridiculous.

- Stop punishing players for playing over 150 games/season with reduced rating gain which eventually amounts to rating said player can never recover since they will lose 30-50 rating per loss and then win 2 rating per win. This is even worse now since of how long this season has been which then drives people into making and using alts so they have a fresh feeling of playing the game again.

- Stop using the excuse for a reset hurting new players. This isn't true in the SLIGHTEST, having a season this long then leads to higher ranked players leaving/taking a break which makes their ratings/rank taking a standstill. Now what happens when new players manage to break into the higher ranked games due to lack of decent matchmaking rounds? They get stomped and feel about losing which will eventually make them leave. This hurts more than a week or two of mediocre matchmaking especially when it removes frozen post-f2p accounts from the leaderboards and builds leagues properly instead of league 2/3 being overflowed by way too much which then leads to * matchmaking

tl;dr:
- reset the boards even if it's at the cost of two weeks of * matchmaking
- put in an automatic system that resets the season every 3 months like we used to have
- overhaul the entire leaderboards/rating system in the long run, it's been overdue for literal years.

EDIT:

Also;
@Ronimo
All it takes is 10 minutes for an employee to write out an official statement regarding huge issues like this so we at least feel like we are communicating with you and that you are listening/working on it (it'd also be nice to know about how much progress you've made towards making it/future updates. Currently it feels as if we're all in the dark as you see to make little-to-no effort in terms of talking to us -- your playerbase.

Literally going to quote this whole thing because multiple vet players have been suggesting all of these things for 2+ years now; they've been an issue for quite some time, and they need to be addressed.

I've talked with ronma staff about this last month and the month before, and while I'll admit that the dataset collection they have would be lost, all of the persistent issues above (i.e. no decay, alts just chilling there) would be temporarily resolved and there would be an influx in average players as a result (since everyone sees the reset and they can fluidly move up and down the leaderboards again instead of staying in one spot). This is a trade-off I think many in the community would gladly accept for a sense of progression, and to be honest the matches wouldn't be much worse than they are now (getting matched with someone with 20 hours who is magically in L2 and shouldn't be :think: ).

To address the argument of "your skills don't decay like rating would over time":

1. That's not the point of it, it's to allow fluidity among ACTIVE players; playing should not punish you unless you play bad, in which case the ELO system is trying to approximate your skill and accommodate for it and you'll be put in the right rating.

2. Skills to most people DO degrade over time, even if it's extremely slight for L1 / experienced players. Additionally, they can just move back up with wins if they're that good; this just encourages people to play more, which will allow more players in Galactron at one time and allow for an overall better matchmaking experience. There's no downside to having more players online at a time, it gives more datasets to be matched with and more player combinations to keep things less stale.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:00 am 

To be honest I was on the "keep the leaderboard and matchmaking as it is" side for a long time,
but only because of one reason:
The F2P announcement.
There was a short time where new players tried that game. At that time they wouldve been way too frustrated to try it out more. But this time of new guys getting in because its not free to play is nearly over. (of not already)

So I really do not see any reason to keep it.
I have both sides of the leaderboard to see

There is me: scratching L1 in Starstorm times, now stuck in L2 3000 (i know i got worse :chew:)
There is my gf: playing rarely with only one naut, normally jumping between L4 and L6ish, now stuck at L3-4 and cannot practice other nauts against other people without sucking big times

She really would like to drop to a certain point but cant, and I cannot increase ranks without daily grinding.

If Ronimo would hand out just one official post about "hard leaderboard reset, because makes matchmaking fluid and ranks getting a reason again"
noone would care about "bad" matchmaking, maybe some would wait until its back to normal..

I can only look at Smite for a comparison. They did a Hard Leaderboard Reset once, beginning of this year.
Pros played with Bronze players and such, just for one month, after that everybody had their place and aLOT! of new faces are at gold or higher, because ELO Hell was no more for that time.

IMO it is more of a chance to get people out of the situation to have so called "Bad experience". Because it right now is a worse experience to ALOT of players than it would be for 2-4 weeks if a reset happens

Maarten wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:
Maarten wrote:
We'll think about also muting the team commands.

Meanwhile, I'll be thinking about punching a cat

Please don't punch a cat.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump real quick that when discussing 'should we do a leaderboard reset' we look at the forums here to see if people have been asking for it. If everyone who's in favor of a reset could aye here real quick (no need for fancy walls of text or anything ;)), we'll have a better idea of how many players would actually like to see one.

I am just going to quote this again to remind people that it exists, for the road is dark and full of "communication."

Posted on December the 16th, last year.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:13 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump real quick that when discussing 'should we do a leaderboard reset' we look at the forums here to see if people have been asking for it. If everyone who's in favor of a reset could aye here real quick (no need for fancy walls of text or anything ;)), we'll have a better idea of how many players would actually like to see one.

I am just going to quote this again to remind people that it exists, for the road is dark and full of "communication."

Posted on December the 16th, last year.

This was also pre-F2P and pre/early galactron, both of which necessitate the retention of newer players.

A lot has changed; that being said, I'm still notioning to sleven's post for what needs to be done.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:00 am 

leaderboard reset when?

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next