Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Until non glitchy bots are made, some should be removed
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:57 pm 

Hi, I'm the maker of Derpl bot and I just started playing again with the advent of 4.0, having been absent since 3.0.

That's an interesting bug you've captured there! I personally don't remember seeing it.

Once I figure out what the heck I was doing a year ago, I'll see what I can do about fixing some of these bugs! :CocoWink:

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:10 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
Aki wrote:
On the other hand it is possible for us, community, to improve them.

frankly, im not really interested in developing AI unless im being paid to do so nor as the customer should there be any expectation for me to do so.

Possibility, there is no expectation.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:21 pm 

TheMesp wrote:
Hi, I'm the maker of Derpl bot and I just started playing again with the advent of 4.0, having been absent since 3.0.

That's an interesting bug you've captured there! I personally don't remember seeing it.

Once I figure out what the heck I was doing a year ago, I'll see what I can do about fixing some of these bugs! :CocoWink:

Hi, I just wanted to know if Derpl bot's been recently updated xD

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:58 am 

Aki wrote:
Bots are forgotten. I don't really believe that Ronimo cares about them at this point. I hate having most of bots on my team in normal game.

On the other hand it is possible for us, community, to improve them.

Oh and... Add CheckAmmo funtion.

>Ronimo removes Late Joining, making Bots more important than ever before
>Ignores bots

Ronimo, this is how we got Releaseket. For * sakes do your * job and actually give a * about your game. :voltarroll:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:44 pm 

Imho bot best ranking goes:

1)Swiggings, he actually can be dangerous, and is good addition to the team
2)Clunk, mixed bag, but often he gets kills even though dies himself too
3)Raelynn, never miss, tactics are bad though
4)Ayla, lategame ok, but thats more due to her being that kind of character overall

Biggest weakness of every single bot is, that they dont 1) defend or 2)push when needed.
Its sad to see Derpl or Rae teleport back to the base at 40% hp, when enemy team is attacking their turret...

That said, of course every player above rank 8000 or so is way better than any bot.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 am 

Swiggins bot creator here.

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
frankly, im not really interested in developing AI unless im being paid to do so nor as the customer should there be any expectation for me to do so.

Just to throw this out there, but I'd totally be up for creating a bot for every cast member. However, I'm trying to get my own thing out the door and I'm self financing on top of that, so the only possible way I could do it is if I were reasonably compensated for my work.

As a developer I've evolved tremendously since creating Swiggins bot. In the event I were to seriously start working on AI again, I'd start from the ground up and throw out the legacy GeneralAI system that every bot is based on today. So many issues come down to how we bot makers have haphazardly built on the already haphazard initial solution provided by Ronimo, and many of those additions, at least in the case of Swiggins bot, are only necessary because of the lack of a few tools. Therefore I'd also request access to the source code or the ability to correspond with programmers at Ronimo to create those tools, which would end up drastically improving performance and also save a lot of development time in the long run.

My goal would be to have bots that can beat the best premades in the game without cheating and then scale down their difficulty from there. Despite how outrageous that sounds, I think it's a goal that is completely attainable.

I also think that bots of that level could enable a lot of interesting possibilities:

• An offline practice mode that is almost as engaging as online play.
  • Ditto for co-op versus bots.
  • Much better matchmaking. Instead of grouping players together with wildly different skill levels, a bot of the appropriate skill level can be added in.
  • Expanding on that last point, if bots can be made that can challenge and even beat the best premades, then there's no need to feed those premades the next best players that the matchmaker can find even when it knows that they don't stand a chance.
  • Possibility for new game modes like an offline/co-op campaign similar to the Unreal Tournament series.
  • The publicity of having world class AI.
  • ...And more. Your imagination is the limit.