Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Co-Op vs Bots is way too easy
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:33 pm 

Hey, I like the concept of Co-Op vs Bots but the difficulty setting are messed up. They don't match the difficulty of regular Practice matches but are much much easier. So far, even on 'Very Hard' matches last about 5 minutes. I know the mode is made with beginning players in mind but also as a regular L3 player I like to play versus bots from time to time. In regular Practice matches, I pick difficulty level 3 or 4 which I think can provide some good practice matches. Please adjust the difficulty for Co-Op vs Bots. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Co-Op vs Bots is way too easy
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:07 pm 

That's a good idea, get harder levels for bots. I remember before the new wave of bots came out, there was handicaps for them. Making them have more HP, items cheaper etc.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:08 pm 

Yeah I agree. The hardest difficulty should be more of a challenge.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 pm 

I know I'm necroing an old topic, but I just got back into the game and am finding this to be an issue. Back in the day I was a League 2 player and playing offline against bots setting them to 60% or more would pose some difficulty. I would even lose some against even 80% bots.

However, when playing on online even if I choose the highest difficulty I'd be surprised if they are fighting at even 40% difficulty. Every match in over in a few minutes with minimal difficulty.

I propose you can pick 5 difficulties for bots just like in custom games and when a game is found each human player will have a bot of the chosen difficulty on the opposing team.

So for example you could face a 40%, 80% and a 100% difficulty bot in the same game if that is the difficulties the 3 human players chose.

I don't think this would be hard to make happen, but due the fact that this thread died so quickly I won't hold my breath...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 am 

Bot matches being super easy is a good thing, let the new players know what it feels like to win and try new characters. When I first started to play I was playing against most 70% of the time and I had a great time learning the game.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 am 

there is nothing more entertaining than a bot completely owning your team

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:57 pm 

Hero wrote:
Bot matches being super easy is a good thing, let the new players know what it feels like to win and try new characters. When I first started to play I was playing against most 70% of the time and I had a great time learning the game.

I'm not saying the easy bots shouldn't exist. I'm saying if I choose very hard bots I should get very hard bots!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:43 pm 

Hard bots need to have good AI instead of actually hacking. I don't play against hard bots (in solo) despite having tons of hours in this game because it's not fun for the enemy to have a Swiggins bot or something and permastun me.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:47 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
Hard bots need to have good AI instead of actually hacking. I don't play against hard bots (in solo) despite having tons of hours in this game because it's not fun for the enemy to have a Swiggins bot or something and permastun me.

I hear what you're saying. Despite the bot modding community's efforts it is very difficult to make a bot that can challenge good human players without cheating.

I agree that with the 100% bots it can be frustrating to lose partially because they are cheating. That being said if I or anyone else wants to play against these bots for the challenge in co op vs bots games we should be able to.