Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: League reset, when?
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:38 pm 

Chirimorin wrote:
This doesn't remove the need for season resets though (the wait for season 4 in Rocket League was quite similar to this thread) and resetting rankings comes with the same issues still (aka, bad matchups until the leaderboards finally settle down again).

Few days of bad matchups after seson reset isn't any reason behind why we shouldn't reset. As Sam showed us (and we all probably experienced it) even if leaderboards are settled since 7 months now we still get bad matchups everyday.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:54 pm 

using what might be a bug in the matchmaker to justify creating a couple weeks worth of * matchups via reset? ok...

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:02 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
using what might be a bug in the matchmaker to justify creating a couple weeks worth of * matchups via reset? ok...

So let's just never reset it and wait until everyone leaves the game because they have nowhere to progress anymore.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 pm 

rybakowsky wrote:
robochase6000 wrote:

So let's just never reset it and wait until everyone leaves the game because they have nowhere to progress anymore.

alright, this is the last post i'm going to make on this topic since i'm clearly out numbered and have already been accused of incest (which is more than rude, btw - it's completely offensive)

i know my other points have been hard to refute without resorting to personal attacks, so i'll leave you with something that should be a lot easier to argue down: my own anecdotal experience.

a few weeks before the game went f2p, i was League 3 at around rank 5000, with like a 42% win rate and ~475 games played (well beyond the 'uncertainty' period). i was playing the game a lot, but semi-casually and mostly just messing around with different characters.

i decided to try a bit harder and actually win games leading up to f2p. over the course of a few weeks, i got into league 2, with a rank of ~2000, and my win rate was up quite a bit. (yes, this was before f2p hit and inflated league 2 by 1000s)

i've dropped a bit since then (2459 :oops:), but i'm just saying it's totally possible to move up the leaderboard and even advance to different leagues. as i and at least one other have said - you just need to win games, and you will progress.

also keep in mind that when i was climbing the leaderboard, this was right before the game went f2p - when the leaderboard was the most stale it's ever been (i'd say it's less stale now because it's flush with new players now)

the only person who can justifiably (and absurdly) complain about not being able to progress on the leaderboard anymore is niki.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:

alright, this is the last post i'm going to make on this topic since i'm clearly out numbered and have already been accused of incest (which is more than rude, btw - it's completely offensive)

That comment was entirely uncalled for and I'm honestly kind of shocked and a little insulted that a mod hasn't been in here to shut down that kind of attack. Sorry man.

robochase6000 wrote:
a few weeks before the game went f2p, i was League 3 at around rank 5000, with like a 42% win rate and ~475 games played (well beyond the 'uncertainty' period). i was playing the game a lot, but semi-casually and mostly just messing around with different characters.

i decided to try a bit harder and actually win games leading up to f2p. over the course of a few weeks, i got into league 2, with a rank of ~2000, and my win rate was up quite a bit. (yes, this was before f2p hit and inflated league 2 by 1000s)

This right here is actually why we need regular season resets. You said it yourself, when playing casually with a variety of characters you were sitting around 5k, but when you were try-Harding you reached around 2k.

Do you always want to try-hard, or always want to play casual? Because right now you have 2 different play philosophies that sit at 2 different rankings. Since all match made games are ranked (no casual mode), you have to stick to one or the other. Changing up mid season means losing a bunch of games (making you feel bad and making your teammates hate you) or winning a bunch of freebie games (making the enemy team feel awful and incompetent).

With regular season resets, you can decide to play casual or try-hard for each season, and find an appropriate resting rank for each. Without resets, you have to make everyone else in the game suffer while you transition.

Admittedly, the reset comes with its own lousy match made games. But I think it takes fewer games in a new season for a player to hit their appropriate point than it would right now without a reset. Maybe fix it by giving each league from the ending season an additional 500 starting rating from the one below it (L9 starts at 10k, L8 at 10.5k, etc) so there is a little bit of separation between the leagues (but it would quickly settle out after a couple wins or losses).

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
using what might be a bug in the matchmaker to justify creating a couple weeks worth of * matchups via reset?

We're having * matchups now. :facepalm:

Matchmaking being way too lenient on matching skill levels together is a separate issue, granted, but until that separate issue is fixed, there's no negative consequence to a reset. We're already in the worst state of matchmaking.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:49 pm 

Quote:
Sorry the more and more I cover your posts on this topic of (Leader Board Reset)
believe me, I gotta tell you this isn't the first time. Come to the conclusion you're the guy who tries to hide his ashamed incest love

Silas, get over your * arrogance, since apparently not only you're a completely lunatic forumer, you're also toxic as well.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:49 am 
Adminaut

redria7 wrote:
That comment was entirely uncalled for and I'm honestly kind of shocked and a little insulted that a mod hasn't been in here to shut down that kind of attack. Sorry man.

Man we got lives too you know, literally nobody (yourself included) reported the post so it was missed. If you want to make sure a mod sees something, report it with the little red icon in the bottom right of the post: Image

Anyways that aside, silas I already gave you a verbal warning in this thread about your attacks on robochase. Since you failed to listen and went even further with the offensive remarks than you did previously, you will now be receiving a week long ban. Do not continue this behavior in the future or you will receive a more severe punishment next time.

robochase, I'm also obligated to tell you that on occasion your tone in this thread hasn't been very civil. While not nearly as offensive as silas, I must ask that you try and be more calm and polite in the future. Thank you.

EDIT: Doppel I know silas said some rude stuff, but you need to calm down a little too.

#MakeNautsMoreLikePong
Mainly playing: Whoever I feel like.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:38 pm 

Alpha Z wrote:
redria7 wrote:

Man we got lives too you know, literally nobody (yourself included) reported the post so it was missed. If you want to make sure a mod sees something, report it with the little red icon in the bottom right of the post: Image

Fair enough. Sorry for going high-horse on you and the mods.

On topic, what I want most right now is to know if a reset is incoming or not. If we aren't getting a reset, I might as well start my losing on my main account. I hate living on my alt when there's so many rewards for playing right now.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:14 pm 

redria7 wrote:
Alpha Z wrote:
redria7 wrote:

Fair enough. Sorry for going high-horse on you and the mods.

On topic, what I want most right now is to know if a reset is incoming or not. If we aren't getting a reset, I might as well start my losing on my main account. I hate living on my alt when there's so many rewards for playing right now.

At this point I'm in the same boat, starting playing on my main again because it honestly feels like we're not getting a reset for a few months. Unless the devs are going to reveal a season rest tomorrow alongside 4.1, which is honestly a horrible decision if they're planning on doing this.

In the next month or so the devs do need to think about automatic resets every 2 months again, or if they don't want them to be so quick every 4 months. Currently the game feels incredibly stale since most of my alts are in l1 now so there isn't any grinding left for me to do except character portraits. This kind of issue is actually a reason why people make alts, they don't want to play on their mains because they're forced into their best characters so they play on alts to play new and different characters rather than sacrificing their mains rating.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.