Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [idea] Daily Challenge
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:49 pm 

:bluecheer: Hello awesomenauts community! :redcheer:

I think it was already suggested, but it’s an idea we have to think about.

Since the game is now free to play, it would be a great idea to add daily challenge as other F2P does. But it has to be perfect!

The reason I say and suggest this idea is: we need to keep players on the game, some players talk about the lack of aweomepoints/Droppods parts/EXP we earn. Daily challenge can be our traductionsavior

It can work like this:

• Every days, 3 challenges are proposed to each players. They can (or maybe has) to be different for each people.
  • These challenges has to be about nauts the player own or challenge that can be performed by any of them. (About naut is I think the idea to keep, but every naut can deal 1000 damage to a turret, some just do that easier)
  • They can be performed in one game or multiple games
  • The challenges needs to be hard or at least a little hard to not make them too quikly. They have to be possible and not too hard for new players
  • We can couple it with the account level system, the more level you have in your account, the more difficult the challeges are.
  • Another idea is to have Daily challenge own level. You earn XP by completing one, the level grow, as the difficulty does to depending of that.
  • As the challenge difficulty grow, Reward don't need to grow aswell, but it can be. We have to take a decision.
  • It can be useful for players to try and play over nauts they have for free or at least some thay own but never use/tried.
  • Moreover, the challenges can help new players to play nauts in the best way possible by proposing challenges that point to their own mechanics and objectives.
  • It can also avoid nauts who are picked a lot (such as Raelynn or Rocco for some reason) by proposing less challenges for these, and more for sulked one (I don’t see a lot of Skølldir, Ted, Genji etc…)
  • The reward can be EXP (when you end a match and you end the challenge, as the EXP is for the global account and the naut, it’s a good reward), Awesomepoints (for the new players) and in rare case droppod parts (they has to stay hard to own since there is not a lot of droppods yet)

So now you’ve got the idea, we all need to work on this idea together. So there is the important part: if you have ideas of challenge or improvement, please share them!

I think this has to be added on the game, both for new players to help them play a naut correctly and to keep them playing every days (or most of them). Veteran may found challenges fun to do. The rewards are meaningless for them.

Steam profile

Last edited by NekiCoule on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [idea] Daily Challenge
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:44 pm 

Im fine with having challenges, as long as they are not something dumb that makes your teammates focus on them instead of winning (like plant 4 weedlings under sorona worm at same time)

NekiCoule wrote:
I don’t see a lot of Skølldir, Ted, Genji etc

Weird, i see them almost every game

Winning games is nearly impossible for me

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:44 pm 

I approve very much, it would make your first matches more interesting.

Or it could be just HoTS style "Win 1 game as a Support", to encourage new players to try several nauts

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:49 pm 

StarDasher wrote:
Im fine with having challenges, as long as they are not something dumb that makes your teammates focus on them instead of winning (like plant 4 weedlings under sorona worm at same time)

NekiCoule wrote:
I don’t see a lot of Skølldir, Ted, Genji etc

Weird, i see them almost every game

That's why we all should give ideas! like this:

potterman28wxcv wrote:

Or it could be just HoTS style "Win 1 game as a Support", to encourage new players to try several nauts

I update the post, I forgot something.

Steam profile

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 pm 

Post updated:

added:

[*]They can be performed in one game or multiple games

[*]The challenges needs to be hard or at least a little hard to not make them too quikly. They have to be possible and not too hard for new players

[*]We can couple it with the level system, the more level you have in your account, the more difficult the challeges are.

Steam profile

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:20 pm 

We need this.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:49 am 

I think this would be a good addition. I think it should be something along the lines of Play 6 games with a Harasser naut, or Win 3 games with a Fighter naut. Something that would change the characters people play, without having exact characters so people who don't have all of them can still do the challenges. The challenges can be different for each user, so not everyone is trying to play as Support nauts, etc.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:03 am 

KehBeh wrote:
I think this would be a good addition. I think it should be something along the lines of Play 6 games with a Harasser naut, or Win 3 games with a Fighter naut. Something that would change the characters people play, without having exact characters so people who don't have all of them can still do the challenges. The challenges can be different for each user, so not everyone is trying to play as Support nauts, etc.

As I said, I think they has to be different. You explained more in detailed what I meant, wich is great :D

I think, to help developpers to have chalenge ideas, every one (because evry one can have a great idea by playing different nauts) may share ideas here!

Steam profile

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:48 am 

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:58 am 

i agree
even freaking pac-man has this