Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post subject: Re: Real lack of faith recently
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:26 pm 

Slevens wrote:
Firstly, lol, Derpl isn't a pub stomper. It's just that people don't have map awareness to know where a Derpl is and where traps are until like high league 2 for some reason so anywhere below he owns because people are dumb.

Wow, really made me think. You're really, really smart. Woah...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:16 pm 

why is starstorm still the way it is? we had like a 10 page thread and someone literally made a replacement map in the level editor and beta tested it for ronimo and like ronimo hasnt even posted in it

why is stealth orb still the same? over a year ago i collected like 2 dozen threads and showed where in each one probably like the vast majority of responders wanted stealth orb changed in some way, and ronimo wont respond to that

over the years the probably dozen topics about a base shield have had acceptance ranging from unanimous to mostly for it, and ronimos like "we think it would be a bad idea its ur fault for doing bad"

ive only played a few pubs past 4.2 so not enough to assess smiles, but he seems op and everyone i hear from about it says you guys ignored basically all the feedback in the beta about toning him down. idk about that tho since i didnt personally see it and i could be hearing a biased sample or something

bugs like the game not being able to handle leon's tongue about 150 ping and pulling you 3 times, * like that that's been reported forever is still in the game and won't be fixed. it took over a year for cocoon to be affected by bkm after the original change was made and i still had to report like 3 times for ronimo to even give a *.

basically everyone is pushing for split queues now and ronimo goes "nah u guys dunno what yall want our model works" while yall continue to leak players out the ass

everyone pushes for a leaderboard reset. ronimo just literally ignores it, presumably assuming 99% of players are too dumb to realize what a reset is even tho games like rocket league and overwatch pull them off flawlessly and have never been a problem for nauts in the past.

and everyone's praises ronimo's * off for * like level editor and galactron when those were supposed to have come out YEARS ago. Like why are we praising Ronimo for replacing their crappy matchmaking with another crappy matchmaking that was delayed for literally years and still has a bug in it every other week?

lord protector nailed it when he pointed out the exact same problems that caused basically none of the players in the f2p weekend last Jan to be retained were still completely present when full f2p hit. like ronimo is hands down a crappy developer right now, im not saying that to be a * but i cant even play this bug filled poorly thought out game anymore without feeling like im playing a flash game. and it sucks cause if you guys actually implemented the feedback this game would be good.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Last edited by MrPillowTheGreat on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:00 am 

But isn't that big orange PLAY button so shiny and new? Cmon, you can't ask them for more after they upgraded that button that nobody had trouble finding to begin with.

I had a crisis of faith a few weeks ago too, mostly related with galactron and how even after ronimo said it would fix matchmaking, it didn't. Like sam said, league 1 players should not be in a game with league 5+ players, that is not excusable. It kills enjoyment and I know that firsthand because I stopped playing for an entire week out of frustration. Why would anyone in their right mind continue playing a game that only elevates their stress levels?

The reason ronimo can't keep up with community concerns is because of what I've been shouting since the starstorm expansion, there's too many bloody characters in the game. Characters are important, but the reason people love this game is because there's much more to it, there's maps, gameplay, art, music, polish. It's a mistake to think characters are the most important element and hold them above everything else. New characters bring people in, but what keeps them playing is everything else. When they only focus on adding characters and neglect everything else, it creates the situation we're seeing right now, where there's an abundance of characters but the rest of game is severely anemic.

Their goal of having "as many characters as LoL" isn't realistic. It's a nice thought, but ronimo is nowhere near equipped to take on such an ambitious goal. Mark my words, the more characters they add, the worse the quality of the game will get. It's only a matter of time before it all catches up to them and their community becomes a shell of what it once was. It might have even started happening already.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:26 am 

On the topic of redesigns, I think it's a good thing to go back and revisit older characters. To use an analogy: Just because you learned to work around driving your broken car, doesn't change the fact that your car is still broken. And just because you've gotten used to driving your broken car, doesn't mean you wouldn't have an easier time if you fixed it and re-learned how to drive.

In terms of balance, I absolutely think Derpl and Yuri need changes to make them less frustrating to play against. Notice I didn't say "less frustrating to play" because if we're being honest, nobody wants to deal the horrible designs of these characters, not least of which are new players. They needed to be changed a long time ago, and I say better late than never.

The way the maps are designed make it far too easy to completely shut-out their opponent from entire sections of the level, which tips the scale heavily in their favor as long they're competent. It's not even about having awareness, the problem is that even if you KNOW where derpl is, you still can't play around him because he can lock down the fast-lane of whichever map you're playing on and, along with his team, cripple any hopes you had of forming a strategy.

These designs should have been changed long ago, when the players who now mastered derpl and yuri were still learning them, so that they couldn't use the excuse of "I had to put in my time". It pays to be punctual, and ronimo dropped the ball but at least they're trying to fix their mistakes, finally.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 am 

Luckytime wrote:
The reason ronimo can't keep up with community concerns is because of what I've been shouting since the starstorm expansion, there's too many bloody characters in the game. Characters are important, but the reason people love this game is because there's much more to it, there's maps, gameplay, art, music, polish. It's a mistake to think characters are the most important element and hold them above everything else. New characters bring people in, but what keeps them playing is everything else. When they only focus on adding characters and neglect everything else, it creates the situation we're seeing right now, where there's an abundance of characters but the rest of game is severely anemic.

Their goal of having "as many characters as LoL" isn't realistic. It's a nice thought, but ronimo is nowhere near equipped to take on such an ambitious goal. Mark my words, the more characters they add, the worse the quality of the game will get. It's only a matter of time before it all catches up to them and their community becomes a shell of what it once was. It might have even started happening already.

This is true. Developing new nauts probably takes work of every Ronimo member, programmers, graphics designers etc. As long as they are working on characters we won't see any big fixes. While these new chars are usually something cool and fresh I would prefer to have 30 well designed and polished nauts than 60 where more than half is ethier poorly designed or lacks something. Let's stop for a while after all renegates are relased and make some work on these big problems in this game.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:36 am 

It's not about balance, guys. The fun is destroyed because matchmaking thinks it's a good idea to every two games put me into a game with players that go 0/7, and I have to carry them. Those games end before they even started and it's just a painful 20 minutes or so keeping alive when you know you absolutely can't do anything to revert this. The solo experience is so broken. Only time I have fun is when I get good allies or when I play full premade with good allies. And to make this clear, it doesn't matter to me if I win or lose. What matters is having a chance. I have a lot of fun games where I lost closely. Those can even be the best games that you learn the most from. But hands down the worst games, and why this game is going down the drain for me, is when the matchmaking sucks so bad that you basically just set your brain into wait mode until the other team ends the game, which can still be anywhere around 20-30 minutes. It's the most boring, unfun and frustrating experience I can think of. Ever. And it's just a normal, common part of this game... :shrug:

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:11 am 

DeezNauts wrote:
It's not about balance, guys. The fun is destroyed because matchmaking...

+1
I just had the exact kind of experience you described. We were up against a premade, teammates didn't know how to work together and fed, and I ended up standing next to my turret for the last 5 minutes because I know if I die, then we instantly lose. In these situations I just quit after the game is done because I don't want to risk having a repeat. And the worst part is that this has been a problem for YEARS.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 am 

Luckytime wrote:
DeezNauts wrote:
It's not about balance, guys. The fun is destroyed because matchmaking...

+1
I just had the exact kind of experience you described. We were up against a premade, teammates didn't know how to work together and fed, and I ended up standing next to my turret for the last 5 minutes because I know if I die, then we instantly lose. In these situations I just quit after the game is done because I don't want to risk having a repeat. And the worst part is that this has been a problem for YEARS.

I don't blame you. It's the most mind numbing experience you can go through for half an hour... It actually feels like assault. I'll just come out and say I have physically experienced pain.

So many issues with this game could have been prevented by making solid matchmaking long time ago. People would actually play this game if it didn't mean going through the pits of hell every other game, because it's actually a very fun and dare I say it, currently balanced game, when matchmaking does work (I mean it works about 60% of the time if I'm generous). But the devs don't seem to be up for that task. Matchmaking is Ronimo's Kryptonite.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:48 pm 

Good matchmaking is a myth. Like others have said, there are too many factors in this game that prevent the possibility of good matchmaking. It's like if you tried to use matchmaking for Team Fortress 2. I'm starting to believe that most games would be better off using custom servers with strong search and filter capabilities instead of dumping so many resources into the impossible task of matchmaking.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 am 

Nabrin wrote:
Good matchmaking is a myth. Like others have said, there are too many factors in this game that prevent the possibility of good matchmaking. It's like if you tried to use matchmaking for Team Fortress 2. I'm starting to believe that most games would be better off using custom servers with strong search and filter capabilities instead of dumping so many resources into the impossible task of matchmaking.

Well a good start, like others have pointed out, would be placing a hard cap on which leagues you can go up against if your skill is on the lower end. It's certainly something that hasn't been tried in this game as of yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next