Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: I feel this game needs an actual ranked or competitive m
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 pm 

I don't understand why you'd want two different soloq pub queues, there's not much of a difference between someone playing for fun and someone playing "competitively". Splitting the queues would just make the problems pillow was worrying about much worse... not really any reason to do that.

Yeah, don't put L9 players vs L1 players. Yeah. Don't do that.

Seyd suggested a custom games lobby based version of 3v3 draft nauts, that'd be ok too but I'd really prefer that it be added as a standard queue to avoid it being completely overlooked by new players.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:03 am 

omnimpotent wrote:
there's not much of a difference between someone playing for fun and someone playing "competitively".

There is a difference, and drafting absolutely will turn off non-comp players. If the first time I had gone into an online match, I'd been presented with a drafting screen and had to choose a character to ban on the other team from a group of characters I'm not familiar with, I would have felt that Awesomenauts online was too needless complicated and confusing and stopped playing completely. That would have been the end of my Nauts career, then and there.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:09 am 

omnimpotent wrote:
I don't understand why you'd want two different soloq pub queues, there's not much of a difference between someone playing for fun and someone playing "competitively".

Not sure if...

Xelrog wrote:
omnimpotent wrote:
there's not much of a difference between someone playing for fun and someone playing "competitively".

There is a difference, and drafting absolutely will turn off non-comp players. If the first time I had gone into an online match, I'd been presented with a drafting screen and had to choose a character to ban on the other team from a group of characters I'm not familiar with, I would have felt that Awesomenauts online was too needless complicated and confusing and stopped playing completely. That would have been the end of my Nauts career, then and there.

qft.

Plus, sometimes a player just wants to play who they want to play. Sometimes players don't care who their opponent is and don't mind a secret/blind opponent. Sometimes they PREFER a a secret opponent due to the unique challenge it gives compared to a draft. etc etc...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:34 pm 

Nekomian wrote:
https://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/view ... =6&t=48918

This has been suggested for ages now, it's been brought up every 3 months. If the matchmaking improved, it wouldn't be an issue anyways so I'm just linking this topic for everyone to read instead since it contains all the argumentation.

While it's fine to link to that topic, I feel like the two ideas of each TC is different.

I don't usually frequent the forums so I didn't know it was something that was suggested often.

omnimpotent wrote:
I don't understand why you'd want two different soloq pub queues, there's not much of a difference between someone playing for fun and someone playing "competitively".

You answered why there should be two different queues.

Also, the ranked queue should have a ladder or league but I feel the non-ranked mode shouldn't have that at all.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:20 pm 

lol @ thinking this game has a large enough player base for two separate queues

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:44 pm 

parkman32 wrote:

After f2p relase the playerbase grew by 10 times but people still say we don't have enough players for 2 queues.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:18 pm 

parkman32 wrote:

If there aren't enough players for two queues, there aren't enough players for drafts. It's that simple.

rybakowsky wrote:
After f2p relase the playerbase grew by 10 times but people still say we don't have enough players for 2 queues.

It did, but it didn't last. :shrug:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:41 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
rybakowsky wrote:

It did, but it didn't last. :shrug:

Because we didn't got 2 queues.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:19 pm 

Yeah, of course that's the reason why all the new players left, and not, you know, all the other issues the game still has... :aylaroll:

DiscordTag: Mes#5930
Yes, hello.

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:01 pm 

allstarsniper32 wrote:
I think nauts would do good with what Smite does though. That is, you have to "master" "X amount of characters" before you can play the ranked mode.

No, no have you actually played ranked mode in Smite? It is filled with the biggest tryhards and toxic people, I've ever encountered in my time playing online games and the reason I quit that game. What first sounds like a great idea just excludes everyone, who is not a hardcore-veteran, and also giving people a brutal time to get into

Check out my most recent mod/map: Gnaw Story Mode
I am the one and only Paraakie, join me in dominating this world with Cake and Candy!