Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: I feel this game needs an actual ranked or competitive m
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:05 am 

I know I'm 3 days late to the party but I enjoyed the thread, and I wanted to throw in my two cents. Just ignore and carry on. Plus, my ears were burning:
allstarsniper32 wrote:
I know that someone with 1000+ hours can still be not that great at the game though.

_________

GuyBrush wrote:
What it needs is a leader-board that isn't a god damn meme which puts 90% of the player base in 10% (11.1%) of the leader-board.

+Infinity

parkman32 wrote:
lol @ thinking this game has a large enough player base for two separate queues

How did it take so long for someone to say this. Rofl

Mes wrote:
Yeah, of course that's the reason why all the new players left, and not, you know, all the other issues the game still has... :aylaroll:

+Infinity. Sry ronimo, I luv you, but +infinity.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:58 am 

CookieMaster wrote:
No, no have you actually played ranked mode in Smite? It is filled with the biggest tryhards and toxic people, I've ever encountered in my time playing online games and the reason I quit that game. What first sounds like a great idea just excludes everyone, who is not a hardcore-veteran, and also giving people a brutal time to get into

I haven't played ranked in Smite, but I have played it in Overwatch and I've run into a lot of tryhards and toxic people there. But those types of players exist in non ranked modes as well. I've seen them, in non-ranked Smite, non-ranked Overwatch and Nauts. I mean, I played Heroes of the Storm to get that D.Va skin and even in that limited amount of time I ran into tryhard and toxic players. So if you think toxic and tryhard players mean there shouldn't be a ranked mode, then the current mode should be removed as well cause it has toxic and tryhard players in it. I haven't played any matches vs bots but I bet there's tryhard and toxic people in that mode as well XD

And to add, toxic players in non-ranked Smite is what made me gravitate away from the game lol.

But I still stand by feeling nauts needs an actual comp mode that's separate from the mode it has now. And while I didn't play ranked Smite, I did level up enough gods to be able to participate in it if I ever wanted to.
In Overwatch though, I felt their system let me play ranked mode when I hadn't played the game enough with enough different characters to play ranked mode competently.

Of the two, I felt like the Smite system prepared me better for ranked mode. Mostly because by the time I could play in ranked mode I knew enough about the game to be able to play the main mode Conquest.

Mes wrote:
Yeah, of course that's the reason why all the new players left, and not, you know, all the other issues the game still has... :aylaroll:

I'm not sure who you're directing this at, but I never said this was the reason all the new players left.

Also, a ranked mode, to me, is in no way meant for the casual player. Because it's meant to be for people wanting to play the game in a more competitive way. It wouldn't keep new players around, but it would be a place for more serious players to play so that they had less of a chance to get put on a team with someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

There's lots of ideas out there for various different matchmaking for various different games that use matchmaking.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:23 pm 

allstarsniper32 wrote:
Mes wrote:

I'm not sure who you're directing this at, but I never said this was the reason all the new players left.

It was directed at Rybakowsky's remark:

rybakowsky wrote:
Xelrog wrote:
rybakowsky wrote:
After f2p relase the playerbase grew by 10 times but people still say we don't have enough players for 2 queues.

It did, but it didn't last. :shrug:

Because we didn't got 2 queues.

DiscordTag: Mes#5930
Yes, hello.

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm 

Oh, I completely forgot to put this in my opening post but if I can edit it I'll do that.

One of the things that happens with the X amount of nauts mastered in the example I gave (Smite) is that in the ranked mode you can ONLY play as the characters you raised to that mastery level. Which is something I really like because then you won't have people in ranked who can say "I can only play 1 character," or just one trick.