Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: RankCheck - Automatic leaderboard lookup tool [v1.3]
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:40 pm 

As of Awesomenauts patch 4.2, the RankCheck client no longer works. This is due to a change made to the game's logging system. Without a fix from Ronimo, RankCheck will likely stay non-functional, unless an alternative method of identifying the SteamIDs and teams of players in the current match can be found.

After a discussion with Ronimo, it has been decided that the usage of RankCheck is allowed as long as the tool does not allow viewing player information during character selection. RankCheck v1.3 follows this requirement, showing players only when the match is actually entered, and I've received approval from Joost to release this version to the public.

RankCheck is a tool you can run alongside Awesomenauts that detects when you enter a match, fetches leaderboard information for each player in the match, and displays it in its own window.

It is intended to replace the tedious process of switching out of the game and entering player names in an external website to look up their ranks. It can also be used as an overlay for streamers, to show their viewers more information about the players in the match.

Features
  • Automatic detection of online, custom and bot matches
  • Leaderboard lookup (database is refreshed every 30 minutes)
  • Nickname tracker (shows each player's most commonly used name below their current name, if they differ)
  • Encounter counter (tracks how often a player was encountered on the same or opposing team)
  • Country lookup
  • Streamer friendly (can be used as a color-keyed overlay, player info can be set to disappear after some time)
  • For advanced users: player card layout is completely customizable using a live-reloaded config file

Feel free to post feedback, criticism, bug reports and feature requests in this thread.

Links
Download RankCheck v1.3 for Windows
Download RankCheck v1.3 for Linux (64-bit)

Project homepage (older versions and changelogs)

Troubleshooting
If Awesomenauts is installed in a non-standard location (such as an additional Steam library folder), RankCheck will prompt you to select the game's installation directory. It is important to select the game's main directory (ending in \SteamApps\common\Awesomenauts), rather than any of its subfolders. Awesomenauts must also have been run at least once prior to using RankCheck (ApplicationNetwork1.log must be present). Once a valid game directory was selected, RankCheck will remember your choice for subsequent launches.

In order to run RankCheck on Linux, you'll have to install SFML's dependencies through your distribution's package manager, excluding FLAC, Vorbis and OpenAL.
SFML itself is provided directly with RankCheck's Linux build.

Known issues
  • Players in the match are sometimes missing in the RankCheck window, or their country information displays "Location unknown". This happens when the Awesomenauts network log, which is used by RankCheck to determine current players, does not output the SteamID for a specific connection in a straightforward manner. This may be fixed in a future version through more thorough parsing of the log files.
  • On Windows, text inside the RankCheck window sometimes disappears when switching Awesomenauts in or out of fullscreen mode. The exact cause for this is not known, but as a workaround, Awesomenauts can be run in "Borderless" rather than "Fullscreen" mode. If text does end up disappearing, this can be fixed by clicking the "Menu" button in RankCheck, and selecting the option "Re-show current players".

If you encounter any issues while using this tool that are not listed in the above section, please report them in this forum thread.

Finally, here's a screenshot of the tool in action:

Last edited by Marukyu on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: RankCheck - Automatic leaderboard lookup tool [v1.3]
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:01 pm 
Adminaut

lovely :ayla: I'll make sure to add it back to the community services.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience to everyone regarding this tool. :jimmy:

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:57 pm 

It's ok, I know who to blame for this :ksenia:

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:38 pm 

No one was really using it to cheat by trying to figure out who their opponents might play, anyway. Everyone was using it to point out how broken matchmaking is.

No harm no foul.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:53 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
No one was really using it to cheat by trying to figure out who their opponents might play, anyway. Everyone was using it to point out how broken matchmaking is.

No harm no foul.

I was using it to counter pick and target noobs. That's the whole point of this tool :glasses:

TBH though, it's actually revealed remarkably well balanced matchups for me so far!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 am 
Adminaut

Xelrog wrote:

No harm no foul.

it was mostly concerns on Ronimo's part, and them being cautious. In the end it's all turned out okay :ayla:

robochase6000 wrote:
TBH though, it's actually revealed remarkably well balanced matchups for me so far!

I've noticed better rating matchups lately.
Just sadly those ratings didn't stop them deciding to be drunk. Im not even kidding
:think:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:23 am 

is use of previous rankchecks considered cheating now?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:56 am 
Adminaut

Wakkabanana wrote:

As I've said elsewhere, yes, but there's technically not much Ronimo can do about it until they block the feature entirely.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:42 pm 

Good on Maru's part for being a good sport and revamping the thing but I don't know why it was changed in the first place. There's the argument that it allowed players to counter pick one tricks but if the one trick has 500+ games on said char shouldn't they know the matchups by memory? There's also the thing about people calling it cheating when it's literally information anyone can get pregame by using the old method via steam and if you wanted to check their leagues you can still use nautsrankings.

I just don't understand why people were so * about something that just condenses information that's already out there :shrug:

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:40 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

@Marukyu:
Thanks for working with us to remove the unfair counterpicking advantage that was possible with the previous version of this tool! :worship:

Wakkabanana wrote:

Yes, but according to Marukyu the old version doesn't actually work anymore because he changed his server to not accept requests from the old version. :ayla: