Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Is Not Terrible
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:11 am 

it's fine for most people but not for top players.

also an issue is the ranking system rather than the matchmaking itself, which not only stops people with lots of games from receiving a decent amount of rating from wins, but also allows some players to get a rating they don't deserve (especially those that have few games in the season), both of which results in unfair games by no fault of the matchmaker.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 pm 

I've been playing the main game on and off, and honestly? It's not good. Like really not good.
From my experience, it's a 50/50 chance on whether you're going to get a roflstomp match where you just dominate the enemy team, or the enemy team ruins you and all you stand for. At the same time, playing even during peak hours, I get matched with people from America, China, Argentina, all the places that aren't in Europe. And even when I get matched with people from Europe, they still lag - and before you say it's my internet that's causing the lag? It's not, every other game I play online, such as Overwatch, runs buttery smooth.
There is a problem here, but it's hard to place what it is

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:06 am 

MM just put me against Paulo with two other teammates that had 600 and 2k hours for a total of 5318 hours.

My teammates? 100 hours and 60 hours. They didn't even know why I kept saying the names of the nauts that got the invis orb on Aiguillon.

5318 hours vs 2500 hours. More than twice as much. Matchmaking is not terrible?

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:56 pm 

Marshmallow_Fox wrote:
MM just put me against Paulo with two other teammates that had 600 and 2k hours for a total of 5318 hours.

My teammates? 100 hours and 60 hours. They didn't even know why I kept saying the names of the nauts that got the invis orb on Aiguillon.

Now please tell me about all of the matches where this didn't happen.
This is just confirmation bias.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:14 pm 

Hero wrote:
Marshmallow_Fox wrote:

Cases like this shouldn't happen. Ever.
This is a legitimate complaint.
It doesn't matter if Fox got 50 good games or even a 100.
This shouldn't happen.

I get that L1 is small and that finding opponents for them is not the easiest thing, but how does it manage to put tournament winners and fresh players in the same match?

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:31 pm 

Hero wrote:

Honestly, this happens about 40-50% of the time. I'm frequently astonished by the hours matchmaking thinks are even. It seems to think cumulative hours are relevant, and if I knew it was going to do this, I wouldn't have left my game open on so many nights. Even if they aren't as bad as this example, the fact that it thinks I should be able to carry two 60-80 hour teammates against a team of individual 1k hour opponents because my game has been open for nearly 2.5k hours is extremely frustrating.

I'm not even in L1 either.

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:15 pm 

Marshmallow_Fox wrote:
Honestly, this happens about 40-50% of the time. I'm frequently astonished by the hours matchmaking thinks are even. It seems to think cumulative hours are relevant, and if I knew it was going to do this, I wouldn't have left my game open on so many nights. Even if they aren't as bad as this example, the fact that it thinks I should be able to carry two 60-80 hour teammates against a team of individual 1k hour opponents because my game has been open for nearly 2.5k hours is extremely frustrating.

I'm not even in L1 either.

Hours dosen't really matter since you can just do what you did or someone can smurf on new account. The number of games played is better indicator of potential experience but maybe not that much since matches used to last longer back few years ago.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:38 pm 

Yeah no.
Literally last game I had was against 2 2000 hour players and a 40 hour player (smurf)
My team on the other hand, both 400 hours, I'm 1000 hours
I really dont care if you love the game so much hero, that you'll go to the ends of the earth to defend Ronimo, but examples like this, makes it so that matchmaking is * terrible, and will still be unless Ronimo stops rushing half baked nauts with absolute terrible balance (ie smile's hook) and actually cares about the things that are ruining the game from the inside.

I'm just a living meme trying to find justice in this cursed realm.
To quote Shakespeare "this game is dying fast lol".

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:15 am 

Datguyoverthere wrote:
Yeah no.
Literally last game I had was against 2 2000 hour players and a 40 hour player (smurf)
My team on the other hand, both 400 hours, I'm 1000 hours
I really dont care if you love the game so much hero, that you'll go to the ends of the earth to defend Ronimo, but examples like this, makes it so that matchmaking is * terrible, and will still be unless Ronimo stops rushing half baked nauts with absolute terrible balance (ie smile's hook) and actually cares about the things that are ruining the game from the inside.

Yo! It is always good to see my steam friends on the forums. Whenever we pre we always seem to have good games and I don't ever remember you complaining about matchmaking.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:50 am 

Hours in game differences can happen. It doesn't matter because the matchmaking doesn't look at hours, it looks at rating. But it's still broken because stuff like this can happen, which is outright and undeniably broken:

DeezNauts wrote:
Yesterday I had a match with ratings 1600 1550 1550 against 1400 1400 and 1500 (around). All the members on my team had far lower rating than even the worst member on the other team. The chance of winning that kind of game is negative zero. W.T.F.?

When it just looks at rating, this should never ever happen. One team should never have their best player having less rating than the worst player on the other team. If the matchmaking thinks that rating is all that matters, this is a real bug at this point.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Last edited by DeezNauts on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next