Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Is Not Terrible
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:51 am 

General Disarray wrote:
the truth

Yup. The matchmaking isn't perfect. Nothing is perfect. And that's fine.
I usually play about 2 games a night on the weekdays. So far the matches have been basically even. I'm surprised by some of these insane looking matchups people are postings, I don't get any of that.

Could be that I play in the middle of the US during prime time pretty much exclusively, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:37 am 

MajorPsych2 wrote:
General Disarray wrote:
the truth

Yup. The matchmaking isn't perfect. Nothing is perfect. And that's fine.
I usually play about 2 games a night on the weekdays. So far the matches have been basically even. I'm surprised by some of these insane looking matchups people are postings, I don't get any of that.

Me neither. The big problems seem to be affecting really high-level players, L1ers and such. No idea where you rank.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:31 pm 

I don't have any big problems with matchmaking either. Maybe one in 30 matches is really ridiculous, but for the most part, it seems fine to me. It's just really bad for the top players, but since the top players are such a small group, who cares? Add other top players and play private games with them. Top players are irrelevant.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:02 am 

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
I don't have any big problems with matchmaking either. Maybe one in 30 matches is really ridiculous, but for the most part, it seems fine to me. It's just really bad for the top players, but since the top players are such a small group, who cares? Add other top players and play private games with them. Top players are irrelevant.

XD you are becoming bigger meme than Silas.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:26 am 

Yea, matchmaking is totally fine... /s I was the Ted

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 am 

DeezNauts wrote:

Players are not allowed to have a bad game?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:02 am 

Hero wrote:
DeezNauts wrote:

Players are not allowed to have a bad game?

They are, but then don't put them into my games. It's really as simple at that. Games like this should never happen, period. And it's not a one-off game, this happened in 3 out of 6 games I played today. It's absolutely the worst part of this game having to be dragged through completly unwinnable matches like this. When the game clearly wants to be a team game so desperately, it should never put you in a team that you absolutely have no place being in.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:38 am 

Hero here's a hint: If someone gives you an example of a bad match and you automatically jump to the conclusion that they're suffering from confirmation bias and need to compare that match to the rest of their matches even though you don't have anything to base that on, you're the biased one.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Just for usefulness' sake: if you say "it happened in three of my six matches [today]", could you post them so we can have a look at the discrepancy between leagues and/or skill.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
Hero here's a hint: If someone gives you an example of a bad match and you automatically jump to the conclusion that they're suffering from confirmation bias and need to compare that match to the rest of their matches even though you don't have anything to base that on, you're the biased one.

The Lord Protector wrote:
Just for usefulness' sake: if you say "it happened in three of my six matches [today]", could you post them so we can have a look at the discrepancy between leagues and/or skill.

I agree with The Lord Protector, if somebody is making such brazen statements in regards to matchmaking then I will do equally brazen statements stating that he is wrong. Because if match making were as bad as he says that everybody in the forum would have the same experience as him.

So we all don't have these problems it means that he is simply unlucky. And why is DeezNauts not posting the all of the other screenshots of the day? Why just the select one. Also where is the time stamp prove that all these matches were on the same day?

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next