Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Make a draft mode already
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:16 pm 

I'd still love to have a draft system, but if what you say is true, I agree.

I never played Dota and only used the draft system of Awesomenauts with the little site some times. There is one though, Paladins competitive draft.

But you, as I said (and I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not) changed my mind. I'm in the void now and don't really know what is really better for Awesomenauts.

If waht you said is true, a draft system is kinda nonsence.

It better stay like this... Or may we continue to argue? Do someone else have arguments to feed my thirst of answer?

Steam profile

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:43 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not)...

That is a quote if I can fit it in.

Do not worry about being in a void, trying to help. We all are. If we new what Ronimo were struggling with, I am sure most of us would leap at the opportunity.

Note the "if we knew," hint hint.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:38 pm 

Every MOBA and their card game has a Draft system, and in almost all cases it's reveered as the beter mode to play when you want to have a serious competetive match.
Not only that but with so many 'nauts who hard counter each-other (Ayla mains say cry, Skree main says hi) the fact that we can't even see the enemy's pick is stupid.

#ShowUsEnemyTeamPlz #DraftModePlz

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:23 am 

Well I do play Ayla a lot but the ennemies I'm playing against are L2 (or sometimes L1, hi game is broken and love) so when I play Ayla, I don't have a lot of bad times (until a raelynn or/and a lonestar shows up and then, I cry in horrible horrible pain).

Not sure if it's my main tho (the leaderboard says it's Sentry but... that was the past) but she is the naut I'm the most comfortable with.

But the draft system will let me hope to play her (if I'm the last to pick) and having a good time.

If I am the first one to pick, I'll play safe nauts without a lot of counters or with the ones I don't feel like I'm hardly counter by other nauts or can handle it.

I would love to say "we should try this on a beta" but there is not a lot of beta players and that's still work to do to have a not bugged and working draft and I know for a fact, as a developper aswell, that adding or modifying stuff in something working breacks it most of the time if not every zorking time.

So try to do a draft mode in a beta build would take more time that we may think, and time means more work. Ronimo are working hard on creating new nauts while balancing the others. Maybe after the last renagate update (and a little break?) they'll try new stuff like draft system or dayly challenges, because they'll have more time after that.

Asking for a new feature when they work on something else result on a silence. But if they try to add it, they'll have hard time working on too many things at the same time, wich is not really good and result on bugs and complain about how buggy the beta is, then a delay for the live update, then player leave, Ronimo don't have enough players on the game, they close it, create a nuclear bomb with the remaining money they got from summer time chucho skin and kill themselves with the entire planet.

did I went a little too far or was it good? :S

Steam profile

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 am 

Oh and I'm super glad to be on your signature my Great... hum... lord protector ^^"

Steam profile

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:32 pm 

Draft is the ONLY way to get rid of the broken combos.

Also make smiles hook break on stun and let BKM apply on it

god damn ronma.... god damn....

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:05 pm 

I support the drafting idea. Let's have a public beta with it, imo