Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Update 4.2.1 Live now!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:41 pm 

Well done Ronimo for caving into the pressure of a few players yet again and completely killing the Trapper Hook ability.

I am quite disappointed at this and now I can understand the players frustration at how you tackle the game more and more.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:53 pm 

Hero wrote:
Well done Ronimo for caving into the pressure of a few players yet again and completely killing the Trapper Hook ability.

I am quite disappointed at this and now I can understand the players frustration at how you tackle the game more and more.

Sorry, but it feels like a lot more players wanted it.

Sorry for not caving into the pressure of you and a few players yet again, and completely nerfing an overbearing ability.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:43 pm 

Dennis wrote:
-Fixed that the cocoon would immediately kill an enemy droid when The last pieridae transformae upgrade was bought

They didn't fix it as intended as now the sawblade droid doesn't die at all unless lifesteal finishes it off if that upgrade is bought, it just spits up a friendly flying droid. I just played Genji in a match and this is what happened.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:11 pm 

Sam! wrote:
-Fixed that the cocoon would immediately kill an enemy droid when The last pieridae transformae upgrade was bought

Isn't this intended? We even got a patch where transformed droids made their solar fly directly to genji. Why all of a sudden can we make multiple flying droids out of 1 droid?

I don't think we can... the bug is a little different from that, unless I'm missing something. But yeah the several-patches-old solar-to-Genji change has apparently been reverted, and there is a new bug too.

Anyway the bug they tried to fix here was an aesthetic one: The cocoon projectile would kill the droid immediately (which is fine), producing money immediately (also fine), but no cocoon "minion" sprite would sit on the ground for two seconds; there would just be an empty space. Then the flying droid would appear in the empty space. It made no sense visually, but mechanically it was only trivially different from the pre-Smiles behavior.

halogamb wrote:
Dennis wrote:

They didn't fix it as intended as now the sawblade droid doesn't die at all unless lifesteal finishes it off if that upgrade is bought, it just spits up a friendly flying droid. I just played Genji in a match and this is what happened.

I thought so too, but then I tested more carefully and realized that the cocooned droids actually were being destroyed... but with a delay. You cocoon, there's a cocoon minion sprite, the cocoon opens and the flying droid appears. All fine. Then a couple of seconds pass. THEN the original droid finally dies (too late), dropping its solar on the ground (and not sending it to Genji).

I will go report this unless somebody else has already done it.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:58 pm 

Tail wip is too strong. its hundreds of damage instanly, knocks you back and stuns you with no effort required, also extremely low cooldown for what it does LOL. You nerfed grapple to hard making it weak and kept tail wip too strong rather than balancing both gj.
Also I cannot * believe you didnt make it so stuns break grapple, like are you THAT dumb? Guess so.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:16 am 

Sorry but Hook was insanely good. With zero effort a Smiles could pull you into a trap. It wasn't a small group of people, encase you didn't notice every match having 2 smiles. It wasn't like Nibbs where people learned how to deal with it, it was a swiggins level of having to respect doing nothing in his range, which was questionable.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:42 am 

S_Fits wrote:
Sorry but Hook was insanely good. With zero effort a Smiles could pull you into a trap.

We've had to deal with this for years :LeonWink:

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:54 am 
Adminaut

YungGoat wrote:
hundreds of damage

Most things in the game deal hundreds. That's not exactly saying much. :derp:

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:54 am 

I honestly didn't even notice a nerf until 2 games in with him today. :think:

Might be a bit much and make him useless v. certain things, but base hook was definitely OP on release. Just keep tweaking. :thumb:

Restless Frager wrote:
No, you're a manly girl, that's why I like you.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:42 pm 

YungGoat wrote:
Tail wip is too strong. its hundreds of damage instanly, knocks you back and stuns you with no effort required, also extremely low cooldown for what it does LOL. You nerfed grapple to hard making it weak and kept tail wip too strong rather than balancing both gj.
Also I cannot * believe you didnt make it so stuns break grapple, like are you THAT dumb? Guess so.

Drop the attitude :x