Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Season reset
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 pm 

Season reset when?
When All the white knight of this damn community will have been crusaded once and for all.
Otherwise I can still receive excuses by trucks

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
i dont know if its more insulting that ronimo thinks the playerbase wouldnt be able to understand why matchmaking is bad for like 48 hours even though season resets/placement matches is a thing or that they actually think the current matchmaking experience doesn't already feel like a season reset

It doesn't to me. From what I've seen and heard, the bad matches are only happening to a very small, but very loud, percentile of players.

Reset wouldn't do anything good for matchmaking, the only reason to do it would be for the sense of leaderboard progression, and that would be much better accomplished by just making the leaderboards use values totally separate from matchmaking values.

Those small percentile of players experiencing bad matches should have the problem addressed with hard limits on how far rating in a match can be, but that's a completely and totally separate issue from leaderboards and season resets.

Xel, I can assure you it's NOT a small percentage of active players experiencing these types of matches, literally all of my community friends have agreed it's a problem. Additionally, that "small, but very loud" type of players are the major proponents to the community's health, since they do the most. They want the game to work at it should, for everyone (and themselves) to enjoy.

Doppelganger wrote:
Season reset when?
When All the white knight of this damn community will have been crusaded once and for all.
Otherwise I can still receive excuses by trucks

Season reset would kinda throw things into whack for a bit and then the same issue would happen in the end; the best thing to do at this point is rework the way the leaderboard / rating system is handled, else this issue is going to keep occurring from a long-term perspective.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 am 

Xelrog wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
not reader centric enough didnt read

See, if you actually didn't feel compelled to read it, then yes that's my responsibility and if I really cared about you reading it, it would indeed fall on me to update my argument in a way that appeals to you rhetorically.

But it seems a lot more likely you're just pulling my leg after the last discussion, so I can hardly be sure that's the case, can I? :tongue:

i didnt read this either

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:10 am 

when did this forum go from (rightfully) criticizing matchmaking nonstop to being full of apologists and players in denial

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:34 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I would also like to point out, from a purely observational point of view, that some people have gone from:

"We don't need to listen to the tiny minority because they're a tiny minority!"

...to...

"We cannot let newcomers see that the tiny minority of veterans are displeased!"

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:24 pm 

If you're talking about me, I never said the minority shouldn't be listened to because they were a minority. I said they shouldn't be listened to because they're lacking in perspective and proposing things that wouldn't do anything to actually solve the problem. Like season resets.

Separate leaderboard system, hard limits on L1 matches. I'm not out to get anybody, I want both problems solved.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla: