Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Season reset
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
Joost already said resets are horrible for matchmaking afterwards. All the information they gather for matchmaking is lost and they have to rebuild it again.

"I want an actual developer response with a good reason "
This is not a good enough reason, matchmaking is * anyway without the resets.

I'm just a living meme trying to find justice in this cursed realm.
To quote Shakespeare "this game is dying fast lol".

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:17 pm 

L2 is the freakin size of Texas. There are thousands upon thousands of unactive F2P and dead VAC-banned accounts on the leaderboard, grossly inflating the league sizes.

Joost isn't the end-all, be-all when it comes to final decisions. I really hope someone can convince Ronimo that it's in their best to reset the season sooner rather than later.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:37 pm 

does it matter that L2 is the size of texas, though?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
Joost already said resets are horrible for matchmaking afterwards. All the information they gather for matchmaking is lost and they have to rebuild it again.

The much bigger problem is how the Leaderboards work in general.

- No progression, you just get stuck at a certain rank forever. This takes out all the fun from playing.

- Inactive players can park themselves indefinitely on top ranks at the beginning of the season after 2 games and never get moved down (which leads to no progression for others). This problem is the most unfair thing in every season and rarely gets talked about. Why doesn't the game deal with inactivity? This is what I really want to know.

I bring these same topics up in every discussion and message the devs about it, and it's really sad that it'll most likely never get fixed. I don't necessarily mind it now that I myself talk to more of the community and do scrims and whatnot, but for a casual player who likes to see themselves get better it's extremely frustrating and would make me leave the game and get bored of it.

I've talked to Dennis about rating decay before as well and he said it was a bad idea; I disagree since it depends on the implementation of said decay (i.e. maybe above a certain rating, like 18500 or one that has higher gaps that people can't jump over by beating others). Either way, the leaderboards and the way the game handles rating ATM is my biggest qualm with this game, other than hacking concerns. Even the balance right now is relatively stable, but not having a concrete foundation it doesn't matter.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:16 am 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
Nekomian wrote:
...I've talked to Dennis about rating decay before as well and he said it was a bad idea...

Did they give you a reason why exactly? That would be interesting to consider.

Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:43 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Nekomian wrote:
...I've talked to Dennis about rating decay before as well and he said it was a bad idea...

Did they give you a reason why exactly? That would be interesting to consider.

I don't see how it's an issue at all. Especially since it should really only be forced upon League 1 and maybe up to rank 500.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

eddster27 wrote:
Noeabe wrote:
@MrPillowTheGreat
Says the Genji main...

Good to see that your sarcasm detector is working at 100% capacity

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 am 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
I have discovered the answer.

I shall now bury this knowledge in the blackest pit.

Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 am 

Slevens wrote:
I don't see how it's an issue at all. Especially since it should really only be forced upon League 1 and maybe up to rank 500.

How is it normal that people that don't play for months and months keep their spot exactly where they are?

The way it should work is that if you play once a week (or at least once a month), you're rating doesn't decay. But if you haven't played for that long you don't care about rank and should clear up that spot for someone who is playing consistently and who is maybe stuck in one place forever. There is absolutely no way to progress in the leaderboards right now, unless you start always playing full premade, coming from solo.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:37 am 

i dont know if its more insulting that ronimo thinks the playerbase wouldnt be able to understand why matchmaking is bad for like 48 hours even though season resets/placement matches is a thing or that they actually think the current matchmaking experience doesn't already feel like a season reset

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 am 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
i dont know if its more insulting that ronimo thinks the playerbase wouldnt be able to understand why matchmaking is bad for like 48 hours even though season resets/placement matches is a thing or that they actually think the current matchmaking experience doesn't already feel like a season reset

It doesn't to me. From what I've seen and heard, the bad matches are only happening to a very small, but very loud, percentile of players.

Reset wouldn't do anything good for matchmaking, the only reason to do it would be for the sense of leaderboard progression, and that would be much better accomplished by just making the leaderboards use values totally separate from matchmaking values.

Those small percentile of players experiencing bad matches should have the problem addressed with hard limits on how far rating in a match can be, but that's a completely and totally separate issue from leaderboards and season resets.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla: