Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Starting to lose interest after 1400+ hours
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:56 am 

See this is why I'm delaying hitting the 1000 hours mark :lolstar: :lolstar: :lolstar:

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:17 am 

Welcome to my world. I have around 2400 hours and that is with extensive breaks inbetween.

I mean the level up system is nice but even if I was in the top 50 on an actually plausible leaderboard, where would it get me other than bragging rights?

Unlike League, Smite, Overwatch, ect. where I could get to Masters division and be recruiting into an organization and have an actual income. Maybe people don't care as much about that but it's party why I only play every now and then on this game.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:49 pm 

My big old problem is that unlike when I was L2/L3, now I get more matches where the matchmaking expects me to carry. So instead of having fun, its more mentally exhausting than anything. The thought that I have to preform at top performance and if I die we have the chance to lose isn't fun. I do truly miss the days where I was stuck around rank 1000 in season 5-8. Probably the most equally skilled and fun times I had with this game.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:57 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
These days when I launch Awesomenauts, I play 1 or 2 matches, but quickly my interest drops down.

I think what is happening is that I have nothing to fight for. Either i win, or I lose, but it doesn't give me any sense of progression. Sometimes there's an additional character, it will make me busy for a couple of hours - but after that my interest drops again.

Despite the addition of the map maker, no new map has been added to the rotation. If there was 1 or 2 new maps, or even new modes playable officially through the rotation, that would renew my interest for the game.

Or maybe there should be some kind of non-stagnant ranking. Something that prints "Congratz ! You've advanced a League/Subleague/whatever". I just want to have some kind of result after the match, something that would encourage me to play it even more.

Now this is the feeling of someone who has already spent more than 1400 hours into the game, which is huge. Heck, it's the only game where i've spent that much time in my entire life. And I had plenty of good times in it too - and I thank Ronimo for that. But I'm starting to feel burnt out on it, and if there's nothing new in terms of content (aside from new characters) and/or ranking progression, I might quit (until something new arrives).

What are your feelings about this ?

My feels exactly and I only got 400 hours. And the progression in the league is stale without season reset.

A new map would be nice.. I suggested a competition..

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:08 pm 

well I had stopped playing it for a while, and I'm still got other things to do rather than playing it, but I think it nice to play just to get relaxed, even if it makes me more stressed... :mrgreen:

I am the dude who owns Yarhee Co.

(One day I will become cannon)

Main: Ayla

This goes to the Yarhee Co. Topic page

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:17 pm 

I would rather get new SKINS than new nauts

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:42 am 

I'm starting to lose interest as well. I'm a little above 2000 hours. Used to play a lot of matches every day even this past june, now i play twice a week and have enough after one match.

I think what killed it for me is the lack of leaderboard resets. That was the only thing that made me keep on trying to become better, it seems.

Reset every month was perfect for awesomenauts imo. The game's matchmaking reminds me of a gambling game (thats only because of lack of players i hope). You never know what kind of match you will have to deal with. Sometimes its a stomp, sometimes you can't do anything, sometimes you lose because a single player carries the entire game, sometimes you lose because you got someone who is still figuring out the game's controls; there's no consistency at all. This kind of suites the games overall silly and more casual style than most mobas have. After all, no matter what ronimo does the player base isnt expanding, the matchmaking won't get any better. At least with resets you could try your luck each month looking forward to see how high up the leaderboard you could climb, which was cool especially if you are more of a competitive type. So, apparently resets were super bad for the inconsistent, luck based matchmaking so ronimo got rid of them, unfortunately, without them the game lost a lot of it's magic too.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:01 pm 

YungGoat wrote:
I would rather get new SKINS than new nauts

I would rather get some new (community made) maps into the matchmaking.
Or a new big tournament, yet I don't think this will appeal to everyone.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:42 am 

I was on a run for a while, but now I haven't played in weeks. With nothing to spend Awesomepoints on and no leaderboard progression, I don't really have anything to work towards.

I don't really mind a break as a veteran player if it's for the good of the game, but as far as I've heard, we're not even retaining the new players that the whole game is now being directed towards, so... :shrug:

I don't think the things people on the forums have been complaining about, like new leaderboards, are the key to the game's survival, since they mostly only affect the veterans that are complaining. I just don't know what is the key to retaining new players... or if the lock's just rusted shut at this point.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:41 am 

I have about 4k hours including my alt account and I gradually lost interest over the past few months. I don't play daily and when I play it's because I'm playing with my friends, otherwise I would never launch the game to play alone. Things that are keeping me away from playing are probably lack of competitive scene, technical issues that this game has regarding connection, matchmaking balance and the current state of leaderboards.
I doubt any new skins would peak my interest since I haven't bought any of the newer skins because technically I barely even play the game anymore :shrug: I also got backlash from some new players for disagreeing about making some skins free but imo it was kinda silly of Ronimo to do since I paid for those skins. Even if they are old, doesn't mean they should be just thrown away for free. I mean, I've supported Ronimo for years by purchasing their content so they would just throw those skins away to people without considering people who actually put money into their content. Another move from the company that makes me want to just back away from the game entirely, it just proves further how little interest they have in being considerate to old supporters, feels that it's more "fast money" to soak in all the wallets from new people by appealing them but in reality only probably 15% of actual people who started playing this game in f2p will actually stay for good :shrug:

I miss the old :voltarroll: