Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Starting to lose interest after 1400+ hours
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:05 pm 

These days when I launch Awesomenauts, I play 1 or 2 matches, but quickly my interest drops down.

I think what is happening is that I have nothing to fight for. Either i win, or I lose, but it doesn't give me any sense of progression. Sometimes there's an additional character, it will make me busy for a couple of hours - but after that my interest drops again.

Despite the addition of the map maker, no new map has been added to the rotation. If there was 1 or 2 new maps, or even new modes playable officially through the rotation, that would renew my interest for the game.

Or maybe there should be some kind of non-stagnant ranking. Something that prints "Congratz ! You've advanced a League/Subleague/whatever". I just want to have some kind of result after the match, something that would encourage me to play it even more.

Now this is the feeling of someone who has already spent more than 1400 hours into the game, which is huge. Heck, it's the only game where i've spent that much time in my entire life. And I had plenty of good times in it too - and I thank Ronimo for that. But I'm starting to feel burnt out on it, and if there's nothing new in terms of content (aside from new characters) and/or ranking progression, I might quit (until something new arrives).

What are your feelings about this ?

Last edited by potterman28wxcv on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Starting to lose interest after 1600+ hours
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:35 pm 

I think that's pretty normal...

I've reached the same point where I still enjoy the game, but I can't play it for like hours straight match after match. But over like 1000 hours is a lot, it's not easy to keep the same level of interest after you've played so many situations, unless maybe you play with friends.

Same thing happened to me with Counter Strike, and L4D1/2, among others

It's a non-progressive game, so really you're just watching your skill increase. But there's a point where the amount of effort to get better becomes really steep and I think that's probably where you are.

Nothing wrong with getting tired of a game though.

Post subject: Re: Starting to lose interest after 1400+ hours
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 pm 

I have now over 1000h, and havent lost any intrest. Actually its more fun now, that I can play and win in L2 instead of always lose in L6 as I used to be.

Still, I strongly agree that the leaderboard system is pathetic, and the game needs something besides Awesomepoints.

I also agree that more focus should be put on New maps and less on nauts, but when I suggested this to Ronimo, they answered that the majority of players want new nauts over new maps, and concidering how much more work maps require, they focus on making more nauts.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:08 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
IsoKoala wrote:
...they answered that the majority of players want new nauts over new maps...

I mean, where are they getting this from, their flawless forum communication?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
I also agree that more focus should be put on New maps and less on nauts, but when I suggested this to Ronimo, they answered that the majority of players want new nauts over new maps, and concidering how much more work maps require, they focus on making more nauts.

they monetize skins. they need money to be able to keep working.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:36 pm 

What Ronimo never had a clue how to do, is to reward people for playing. Nobody thought it could get any worse, but after f2p and the way they killed leaderboards and seasons outright, I can now see it. :facepalm:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:41 pm 

That happened to me once i reached 2000 hours, i took break and now i enjoy the game again
enjoying soloq is arguable

Lunk The Hero wrote:
Alpha Z wrote:
Emo Chapington wrote:
The munchers look happy.

But their purpose is to make others miserable.

Just like mods

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:37 pm 

A game becomes less enjoyable after you put a thousand hours into it? Woah... really made me think.....

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:22 am 

1400h here, the f2p update got me busy for like 70h (maybe because it was when I bought overdrive) but now I'm just bored. Recent events like Rookie Royale and UAM were fun but there is not much to do because of leaderboard stagnation. I don't play more than few matches a week with my friends these times.

I feel that it was like that for this game since last few years, game is neary dead > update is launched > everyone plays the game > 2 weeks later everyone forgets about it

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:19 am 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
rybakowsky wrote:
I feel that it was like that for this game since last few years, game is neary dead > update is launched > everyone plays the game > 2 weeks later everyone forgets about it

This is what we say every time the "we need more players" argument is raised. It is what we said before F2P as well.

The game does not retain players, so throwing more and more at it solves no problem but exhausting all future options (see: the F2P update itself).

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...