Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Monthly league resets, and something to make them more f
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:01 pm 

I got what you say Slevins, and compared to now, it sounds good. But I think that has focus only in top players, my idea of getting small progress/feeling of achievement each month is something Id wish to be applied, to keep the 250 000 not-that-active or good players interested in participating and continying playing the game each month.

3 months cycle is long enough for most casuals to drop the game down already. Thats why 1 month; after that give them small encouragement to play 1 more month... And 1 more after that....aannd just 1 month longer...and 1 more reset again to get THAT one thing..

Also the Monthly Map would give sooo much more potential for the map editor. If 100000-200000 players are actually gonna see the map you make, it encourages to spend those 200 hours to make amazing maps, compared to being seen by 200 players and only in for lulz games.

Post subject: Re: Monthly league resets, and something to make them more f
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 pm 

Monthly season resets are too short, even 2 months is very short thus 3 months makes it so people are generally ending the season with 300~ games instead of just 50. The reason why I'm focusing on top players is because that's where the crux of the issue is. Limiting queues via thresholds makes it so L1's aren't ruining L4 games and vice versa.

I also don't like monthly maps, especially if they're randomly drawn community maps. The issue with community maps other than a very select few are that they're not really that thought out when it comes to game flow. Triple lane maps take too long, long maps are boring to play on, tight maps are also boring (specifically pointing at Starstorm for how claustrophobic and 1 dimensional it's gameplay is.) Some of these things people generally don't think about which is an issue.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.