Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Golden Guns and Awesomepoint sinks
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:01 pm 

Nekomian wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
Make resetting your account possible with tons of Awesomepoints.

With a special badge for the completion made (related to the % completion on the nauts profile screen)

Are you trying to bring back prestige-ing :derp:

No, I loved wasting my time in grinding game for resetting my stats afterwards.

Steam :raehands:
Balance feedbacks here
Discord français d'awesomenauts

datguyoverthere wrote:
lets have a round of applause for the work of Alpha Z everyone.

Xelrog wrote:
No one watches competitive gaming.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm 

I feel this is still relevant, having things like Golden Guns gives players a reason to keep playing.
Right now there is little you can do with the Awesomepoints you collected.

This could help a lot with player rotation, I feel that the current Awesomenpoints system has failed in bringing something worth farming those Awesomepoints for.

Even the medal system is very blunt, give me something shiny to show off for playing so much awesomenauts. :weedling:
Something everyone would want to farm those Awesomepoints for. Personally I think this isn't the case currently.

The most important thing is to make the current players keep playing your game, this (in time) will get more new players into playing your game and will therefore increasing skin sales.

So giving an actual purpose to Awesomepoints is in the best interest of the community and Ronimo.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:48 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
Jas123c wrote:
...The most important thing is to make the current players keep playing your game, this (in time) will get more new players into playing your game and will therefore increasing skin sales...

While I agree, these aims will not be achieved by:

• Cutting off communication with the players you are trying to retain while also not communicating with anyone else

• Giving out things for free that they paid for in a (presumably failed) attempt to entice new players

• Radically changing the 'Nauts they play (outcome of the first point) for the worse, only to revert the changes with words to the effect of "perceived lack of communication"

• Continuing to pump out short-term cash grabs instead of working on longer-term solutions, primarily the F2P system but I would argue also the XP system as well

• Flooding the game with inexperienced players and then matching them with the veterans, ruining both parties' experiences

As it stands, things to spend Awesomepoints on should have been added alongside the release of the system, not after, not before. Why this was not done is baffling, and why Ronimo thinks it will resolve itself is also baffling (I assume, I would not know, see point one).

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:02 pm 
Adminaut

The Lord Protector wrote:
Continuing to pump out short-term cash grabs instead of working on longer-term solutions, primarily the F2P system but I would argue also the XP system as well

Mind explaining how exactly either of those things are "short term" in any sense? They're massive long-term alterations. I also struggle to see how either one could be a "cash grab". :think:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:28 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
The Free to Play Update should have been a longer-term solution to a problem that had been facing Awesomenauts for some time.

Instead, we got a transition from paid to free with little to zero matchmaking testing having been conducted (despite literal legions of us screaming at them), as evidenced by the diabolic state of affairs for the new players, coupled with a retention system with nothing to buy. There was no long-term thought put into its release beyond "it will attract new players."

To their credit, it did. For a time. Now they have pretty much all gone again. Not exactly a suitable long-term strategy, I would say. No matter what it was intended to be, what it became in reality is what we have to work with. Unless it was never intended to serve as anything but a quick influx of players for the skin income.

Now, the XP System is a contentious point, because we are still quite split on whether it succeeded or not (which is usually a good indication it did not). To me, I think Ronimo were trying to appeal to the more competitive aspect of the market without realising how doomed that was from the start, and it was done so quickly and poorly at first I cannot really see the long-term thought put into it, considering how much it went against the grain of Awesomenauts when it was released. I do not know what discussions they had to implement it, but I would not be surprised if the word impulsive came up, nor would I doubt it was done "because HotS did it well."

I also feel the new 'Nauts are being rushed out: Commander Rocket's theme is hugely uninspired and entirely removed from the usual characterisation and charm that they have, and Dizzy is too close to Froggy to be considered a separate 'Naut, in my opinion. Yes, they play differently, I suppose, but the distinction is not as wide a gap as most. Smiles hardly pushes the boat out either, but at least he has some vestige of creativity (Dingodile comparisons aside). Rocco and Raelynn fulfil similar roles in sniping (with their others), but are radically different 'Nauts at the basest possible level.

New 'Nauts means new skins, and skins are money. I would not be surprised if Ronimo were trying to generate as many as they could in as short a space as possible. Obviously, they do need money to function, but that does not change the method used.

Nekomian wrote:

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:36 pm 

Going F2P is a buisness model choice that takes serious planning.
Ronimo went "Hey let's just copy League of Legends!" without realizing any of the details about LoL that made it so inticing.

And no Ronimo: We don't want Runes. :aylaroll:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: (MaxEmote), [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:47 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
And no Ronimo: We don't want Runes. :aylaroll:

And by this, GuyBrush means we want runes.

Add them with the update.

At least 500 of them.

I've never played LoL so I don't even know what runes do....

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 pm 

Can we have ultimates, Techies, and the Zerg while we are at it?

Oh, and a multi-million dollar tournament.

And arcanas. Must not forget arcanas.

Nekomian wrote:

NekiCoule wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:39 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Can we have ... Techies...?

But we already have Yuri :chew:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 pm 

I think what the game needs now is cases you buy with a lot of AP, and open them with keys you buy with cash $___$, CSGO style!

Exclusive skins on the cases, of course, and the loot is random. But the more you play a naut, the less you'll have chance to have a skin for him :D

Done like this, people will buy keys for skin they'd love to have on their main, but never or rarely have what they want, and buy more! $$____$$ :clap: :clap:

pls don't

Steam profile