Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Compromise: Scaled Leaderboard reset for L1,2, & 3
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:49 pm 

ok i've argued with a bunch of you about completely resetting the whole leaderboard in the traditional way, but i'm not here to do that anymore.

how about a compromise that i think a lot of people could live with:

Reset Leagues 1, 2, and 3. basically leave the rating & ranking alone for Leagues 4+, then smoosh everyone's rating above that cutoff into a 1000 rating spread.

for example:

say League 3 rating at the end of a season starts at 13000. and niki has 21000 rating. when the leaderboard resets, league 3 still starts at 13000, but now niki has 14000 rating, and everyone in between is scaled accordingly.

this leaves low league players alone, and brings players on the leaderboard much closer together, so it would be possible to see some movement in the upper leagues.

Post subject: Re: Compromise: Scaled Leaderboard reset for L1,2, & 3
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 pm 

I always liked full resets as a noob, I didnt care that I would get pummeled I really enjoyed playing against good players, sometimes I would even write their names down then a few weeks later look at what rank they ended up as on nautsrankings if they went like 20/0 on me. But I guess im different from most players who just play for fun I dont understand how that is actually fun for people I liked seeing myself improve and seeing how I matched against better players. It would be fine I guess.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 pm 

YungGoat wrote:
I always liked full resets as a noob, I didnt care that I would get pummeled I really enjoyed playing against good players, sometimes I would even write their names down then a few weeks later look at what rank they ended up as on nautsrankings if they went like 20/0 on me. But I guess im different from most players who just play for fun I dont understand how that is actually fun for people I liked seeing myself improve and seeing how I matched against better players. It would be fine I guess.

Same here when I was still learning the game. It felt like a "OK now it's all reset, let's do my best and get the highest possible".

Watching my rank going up season after season was a clear bonus to my enthusiasm

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:18 am 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
YungGoat wrote:

Same here when I was still learning the game. It felt like a "OK now it's all reset, let's do my best and get the highest possible".

Watching my rank going up season after season was a clear bonus to my enthusiasm

yea like my first time getting l3 I was so proud because it was gold and had a star at the top, that encouraged me even more to play and eventually get l2.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:00 am 

This really will only benefit the "higher leagues" and will totally overshadow the not-soo-good people.
They will be even more stuck because the matchmaking will still q them with their own people, rather than "niki" with lower score

Since this is going on for a while noone knows what to expect when soft or hard resetting

Softreset means: Delete the score, everybody to 0 agian, but keep the matchmaking data from previous seasons (unknown user stat/ is it the so called ELO? Gonna name it that now)
Hardreset means: Delete the score,delete elo stats stat and everbody needs to start at the bottom

Idea: Softreset, split the elo into soloQ duoQ PremadeQ, increase premadeQ vs premadeQ, only increase elo stat for the corresponding Q type, having an algorythm who then adds, decreases elo stats according overall performance, giving bigger drops when playing alone and performing worse, but also giving bigger increases when playing alone and winning against people with better SoloQ elo (typical L2 play with L4 and L4 to boost them, but looses)

This would stop the PremadeQ bashes, the ProMadeQ Carry to L1, benefit SoloQing, getting more people without teams into higher leagues.

This kinda would benefit teams too, since you can try out different comps against your skill level without getting too high too fast with nauts you dont know good enough

Maarten wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:
Maarten wrote:
We'll think about also muting the team commands.

Meanwhile, I'll be thinking about punching a cat

Please don't punch a cat.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:17 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
YungGoat wrote:

Just add a message when entering the game "Yo, the season X is over, you ended it in rank Y, leaderboards have been reset so you may experience worse matchmaking for the next few days, good luck"

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:10 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Why can we not just do what we were doing for the last five years?

Yes, immediately after the reset, there tended to be poor matches made because everyone was average when, in reality, the were not.

That period of time lasted a week at the absolute most; I would say in some cases the major fallout was gone in two or three days as we all rushed to reclaim the spots in L1.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:18 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
YungGoat wrote:

so what youre telling me is you liked this system where you progressed from one spot to another :derp: :derp: :derp:

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble