Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Average playerbase is now in the 800s
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:12 pm 

Badass Ketchup wrote:
You're incredibly naive if you think Ronimo will actually do anything about any of the problems in this game. They're stubborn and don't know what they're doing.

I guess it's cool now if you're on the "look how bad Ronimo is hype train".
You could also try to explain what these problems are, and hope they will fix these.
This mentality will surely help Ronimo fix their *! :lolstar:
I'm sure they're to blame for the low player base (which is the cause of most problems), it's not like they are trying their hardest to keep a 5 year old game alive.

Honestly the only thing I'm blaming Ronimo for, are the ludicrously unbalanced new nauts that require far too long to be properly hotfixed.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:56 pm 

Jas123c wrote:
Badass Ketchup wrote:
You're incredibly naive if you think Ronimo will actually do anything about any of the problems in this game. They're stubborn and don't know what they're doing.

I guess it's cool now if you're on the "look how bad Ronimo is hype train".
You could also try to explain what these problems are, and hope they will fix these.
I'm sure they're to blame for the low player base, it's not like they are trying their hardest to keep a 5 year old game alive.

Honestly the only thing I'm blaming Ronimo for, are the ludicrously unbalanced new nauts that require far too long to be properly hotfixed.

Broken/confusing tool tips on upgrades which make the game look unfinished and messy.

XP System where half the playerbase hate it and half the playerbase put up with it. Makes solo queue determined by who has the worst player on their for most people and increases the power of premading. It's still mind boggling to me that they take one of the most heavily disliked parts of HoTS and added it to Awesomenauts. They even lied to the community on many occasions regarding this topic such as saying they would revert it if a lot of players disliked it (which they never did) and saying that it would be impossible to remove it due to the changes in their engine (which is a flat out not true). This also killed a lot of unique builds in the process that focued on the power of upgrades rather than the power of base skills.

Horrifically implemented rating system which is prone to massive stagnation and is only kept somewhat under control by the constant resets, which Ronimo has been neglecting as of late.

The constant killing of non-meta builds and playstyles with different characters along with a ton of underwhelming, underpowered or trash upgrades which ronimo refuses to change aside from minuscule price buffs every few months. If something in my game is trash, I buff it, Ronimo should be able to do the same.

Just the ones on the top of my head, but F2P is a one shot chance, you need to make sure your game is in a good state when you release it to capture, retain and grow people's interest in the game.

2 Balance Rules

1) No upgrade should be mandatory
2) No upgrade should outclass or be overly reliant on another upgrade

My steam
Leader of Team HDTV

Jasper wrote:
Well Lashes and Sunballs are about as strong

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:07 pm 

I think they are just slow to adjust, it's a small studio with limited ressources, never forget that. I forget that often.

A lot of things we claimed needed to be done, eventually did.

2013: I made a huge post saying this game needed to be F2P, people were going "nah you don't know anything"
2013: Lone had 2 sticks by default and everybody claimed I was an idiot for saying it made the extra stick a mandatory upgrade, effectively limiting his real options to just 2 upgrades, and that the extra stick should be a damage upgrade. Community said: "naaah you're an idiot"

These things were eventually done, because someone changed their minds and suggested it again, convincing Ronimo.

Many other things were suggested and killed off, just like many other things were suggested and implemented.

The fact is, Ronimo LISTENS, to the good and the bad suggestions. They made a game for us. They still are.

Now we need to agree on things or the game will never be fixed. We need to find a way to debate and balance things in a calm collected way, and determine what needs to be changed, and use Ronimo's metrics to support our claims.

I'm thinking some Google spreadsheet shared within the community? A place where the information is, the top tiers, the abusive things, the "this skill is just too reliable and changing that aspect of it would really make the gameplay deeper and more skill based"

I've been playing since the release, i've seen the game change so much, remember guys:
-late joins
-no more possibility to have a player once last turret had 50% life bar
-quits without ANY penalty whatsoever
-you had to choose a loadout BEFORE being in the game, no way to adjust to nauts you're facing
-while waiting for a game to start, you could be stuck in player missing situation forever and had to quit back to main menu.
-there was no general chat of any sort..
-you could face premades while soloQing ALL THE TIME
-you had a regional settings option that did almost nothing.. at least now there's no such choice.
-THE BOTS OMG THE BOTS! if you didnt have a Lone bot it was pointless... Clunk Frog and Leon were asstastic.
-Remember the time when if you didnt have Voltar on your team and the other team had one, you couldnt win at all?

Things are great now. Let's work together to make it even better!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:05 pm 

speartongue wrote:
obvious stuff

So what you're saying is, that we should blame you and not Ronimo? :geek:

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:38 pm 

Alijar wrote:
speartongue wrote:
obvious stuff

So what you're saying is, that we should blame you and not Ronimo? :geek:
you can blame me, I don't mind. But what i'm saying is blaming doesn't fix anything. You're not helping, you're making it worse.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:41 pm 

Location: In the land of someone else's imagination; occasionally also marking someone else's imagination.
speartongue wrote:
...2013: I made a huge post saying this game needed to be F2P, people were going "nah you don't know anything"...

We did, yes.

Given how unsuccessful the F2P release has been, it seems we were not wrong after all.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:45 pm 

except it took 4 years... a lot changed, a lot of other games had time to take market share... the lack of success of this F2P conversion is not attribuable to "you" being right in 2013... its attribuable to a market now filled to the brim with competitors, who have more money (AKA have servers)

the problem isn't F2P, its players' retention. Hopefully the focus will switch from new nauts to more polishing of existing ones, maps, and other modes (5v5, etc.)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:15 pm 

Man a stickied post where anyone can post anything? Dw we already had that disaster with the most recent "useless items" thread.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:31 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
speartongue wrote:
...2013: I made a huge post saying this game needed to be F2P, people were going "nah you don't know anything"...

We did, yes.

Given how unsuccessful the F2P release has been, it seems we were not wrong after all.

yeah i had seen nothing but support for f2p itself, but the common sentiment was the game had several big problems that needed to be fixed before f2p as f2p is a trick that would only work once

guess what guys, theres not gonna be anything else to spike the playerbase into the 4000s again. and those 4000 players weren't 'retained'. obviously the low playerbase is not the core problem otherwise matchmaking and the game would have been great at f2p launch (spoilers: it was buggy, put new players vs l1 players, and was complete *)

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm 

Nothing is going to spike the game population, but if it stops being a frustrating experience (AKA don't release new nauts for a while once they're balanced) it will grow steadily.

I might be wrong on the following but here's an issue i'm facing and most likely newcomers have faced: matchmaking's handling of a premade: it seems to me that the game will put you versus a premade if you're a premade... except newcomers will often play with friends: should they face L1 premades of Edmoney's Smiles? I'm not at that level and have very little chance to win against, so imagine the newbies.

we need to stop hating on ronimo, or move on. now if they truly don't care that's another story.

where do we get information about what is currently in the works balance wise?