Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: We need new features!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 am 

TLDR:
We need ANY kind of Feature, and in near future.

In the recent past you all have seen that the playerbase deceases a lot.

The F2P Announcement gave some hype and hope, but not for long.

What kinda bothers me though is the lack of innovative changes.
I have seen so many good ideas on the forum lately, but nothing is changing at all.
When I left in 2015 the game stagnated and no new content was released. I do enjoy the game again, also because the "Snowballing" is not THAT hard anymore, but I do not see any great changes for this game.

You might think "don't change the game", but how can a game with 5 years on its back be fresh and innovative to new players when the game literally has not changed?

The only content coming out are new nauts and a skin here and there. Oh and Profile pictures.
And yes, I know they've implemented Awesomepoints, a minigame and Droppods.
They tweaked on their graphics a bit and FINALLY implemented Steam Workshop.

But IMO those are not Major changes at all.
Those are standards you need to fulfill to keep your game up to date. The addition of Awesomepoints was the only big change, but neccessary for going F2P, so nothing mayor, too.

If they would e.g. implement one of those:
    Drafting
    Casual/Ranked mode
    More Maps
    Working Leaderboard and Matchmaking
    A Reason for Awesomepoints and Levels
AND SO ON :table:

They would probably have a better time proposing the game to new players, as well as keeping old ones who get fed up that nothing changes.
It does not matter which one they will do first. They just need to start somewhere and FAST!

Note: I know that some topics are not interesting for a small playerbase (Like an official RTDM queue), but IMO it will increase players, but only when and if it is implemented.

Maarten wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:
Maarten wrote:
We'll think about also muting the team commands.

Meanwhile, I'll be thinking about punching a cat

Please don't punch a cat.

Post subject: Re: We need new features!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:58 pm 

cool to bad the devs arent ever going to do anything ever like never

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:33 am 

sLy wrote:
    Drafting

They've said before on a stream that this would alienate the "casual" playerbase, people that just look to play the game without getting to competitive (I include myself on those)

Casual/Ranked mode

Again, as it has been repeated for infinity, playerbase too small to do this. For now, if you really want those casual modes, there's Custom Games.

More Maps

Aiguillon took 6 months to make. Starstorm took 8 months. It ain't that easy designing, testing and then doing the art of a new map.

Working Leaderboard and Matchmaking

Matchmaking works fine. Now the leaderboards is something I (finally) agree with. Using them as some sort of MMR to put you in games really won't give good results

A Reason for Awesomepoints and Levels

Levels have enough reason, either for droppod parts, to get more Awesomepoints or just as a sense of progression. Now Awesomepoints do need something to be used on other than very expensive droppods or portraits (two 20k icons ain't that fun to unlock, you know)

Also, the game has changed a lot. Maps have gotten reworks, how you play certain characters after changes made to them has had an impact on the meta, and matchmaking now gets people into full matches instead of the old 1v3s with really bad ping. Hell, as you mentioned we now have a Workshop for people to make and show their maps, with a Custom Games browser to play them on. If after all of that you can still say the game is the same as 2 years ago, I dont know what to tell you.

Also, features are always eventually added. Right now they've been busy with the Renegades releases but after that new new stuff will be revealed, for sure.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:23 am 

Nah you maybe got me wrong or I suck at writing.

I personally feel the small changes and am happy with that right now. That's why I am actively playing again and streaming and going to gamescom That's why I WANT THAT GAME TO HAVE PLAYERS AGAIN because I think it is good/better than before.

However I think that we need something really new new to get more attention from outside.

In nearly every point (except the MM) I totally agree with you. Our opinion will not give better PR to the game sadly. And right now you don't have any big changes to show to newcomers or old ones who came back.

Visual changes, one new map and overall polishing does not give you new players.

Every week at least one person asked me in stream, if there is a ranked mode beside the normal ranked "normal mode" where you can draft. ->agree: too less player

for old players they announced the map editor waaaay back. What do they get? A bunch of RTDM maps and one official map which is arguably not good. (but was work and is understandable)

Leaderboard is broken and should be reset. period.

MM works as long as you dont expect the same skill level in a 3v3. L2 is too big, for new players there is less chance to climb higher than L3/L4 because of league stagnation.

Lastly Awesomepoints and LVL: Thinking of smite you can at LEAST buy one recolor skin with that. You have a reason to go for that. Droppods is fine. Its fun'ish and the only reason as an active player to buy the all nauts pack. (I missed overdrive and didn't need to buy the ANP because I could afford everything by playing.)
The ANP should be the main cause to get money IMO. Skins are still gimmicky, way less people will buy more than one skin for a char when starting the game.
Progression is fine, but Id rather have no level cap on nauts. -> Smite again, nice frames for Mastered Chars, different recolors.

I know that EVERYTHING needs time and cost money. But why not starting on new players/ increasing the community? Why starting on old players/ANP owners getting OP Champs to still stagnate at the same rank.

If any progress you make is just gimmick there is no reason to stay at a game. Nothing to fight for or dedicate to.
I could also be totally wrong here. If there is one person only playing for the completion of 250WinsX12LvX31NautXall Droppods
I will be sorry about that post

Maybe I should rename that Subject to: "We need to focus really hard on new players"

Maarten wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:
Maarten wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:33 pm 

We don't need new maps. See Starstorm as to why.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:02 am 

"We don't need good matchmaking. See, our current is broken as well"
"We don't need good food. The food I already have is disgusting enough"
Same Logic :facepalm:

We need new and better maps BECAUSE of starstorm.

But as said before.
Not about maps in general.
Focus on new features to showcase for new players.

Maarten wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:
Maarten wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:26 am 

imo ronimo should just hold a contest for who make the best map for matchmaking, polish that internally and add it. that way we would get a new map

Main: :lolstar:
tryharding: :sleep: :ksenia:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:29 pm 

sLy wrote:
"We don't need good matchmaking. See, our current is broken as well"
"We don't need good food. The food I already have is disgusting enough"
Same Logic :facepalm:

We need new and better maps BECAUSE of starstorm.

But as said before.
Not about maps in general.
Focus on new features to showcase for new players.

I'd rather they fix the current maps rather than adding more.

Aguillon
Starstorm

All need to be fixed. Now, if they want nauts to be a purely casual game that doesn't have a dedicated ranked mode, only Starstorm and Aguillon need to be fixed.

As far as Aguillon goes, they really just need to remove the stealth orb.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 pm 

Bah. More maps, more maps please. Polishing the old ones endlessly to some wishes of 250 players out of 250 000 is not going to help the game on long run, adding more stuff for the rest 249 750 does.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:26 pm 

First, they need to launch every single renagate naut, after that, fix all the bug they did by launching them live and only after that, they'll be able to try some new stuff.

They have plans already and work is needed to launch every thing live without bugs (remember 4.2 betas? yeah that kind of bugs)

So, first things first.

I don't know how Ronimo pay themselves though. Now the game is F2P, I don't think skins are enough to pay a whole team. So they work hard on new content to keep player wanting to play or return on the game. (As Galactron or F2P bring bak some players)

Yes, I'd love to see a draft mode, maybe new maps but I'm not really sure to be prepared for new maps and a leaderboard/matchmaking rework. But first things first.

Steam profile