Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Here's a simple idea : Limit taunts
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:16 am 

Boy Skylark wrote:
get thicker skin or completely shut off communication with this other person you're playing a game with.

I mean I dont see why would you want to chat with an enemy player who's holding that 1 button all game. Don't think anything smart can come out of that.

I don't mind muting them. It's * annoying to mute people now though. Put that button back in the scoreboard for the love of god

Armorend wrote:
Would you like to partake in the fine activity known to many, especially Fred, as "yiffing"?

:chucho:

Try my map Ventjorn!
PM me Ksenia pictures.

Green is for healing

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:28 am 

yep, I don't think I've ever seen someone that was constantly taunting every time it's available but wasn't either being toxic or complaining about lag and saying some * like "lag wins" or "nice lag kill" every time they die

Main Naut and Waifu- :party:
Steam, will never leave prestige 2

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 am 

but taunting is literally the best part of the game
i get such a shot of adrenaline when i press that button
it's a sense of joy like you wouldn't believe

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:21 am 

KidaFeru wrote:
Boy Skylark wrote:
get thicker skin or completely shut off communication with this other person you're playing a game with.

I mean I dont see why would you want to chat with an enemy player who's holding that 1 button all game. Don't think anything smart can come out of that.

I don't mind muting them. It's * annoying to mute people now though. Put that button back in the scoreboard for the love of god

I agree with both of your points. When someone is spam taunting, I bet like 80% of the time that person is someone who's going to say "gg ez" at the end of the match if they win.

Also, yes, please put the mute button back in the score board where it belongs!

But I also think what the original post said would be fine. I'd be ok if they made it so people could taunt only once per minute. It'd be even better if they could only taunt like 6 times in a whole match!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:44 pm 

allstarsniper32 wrote:
KidaFeru wrote:
Boy Skylark wrote:

I agree with both of your points. When someone is spam taunting, I bet like 80% of the time that person is someone who's going to say "gg ez" at the end of the match if they win.

Also, yes, please put the mute button back in the score board where it belongs!

But I also think what the original post said would be fine. I'd be ok if they made it so people could taunt only once per minute. It'd be even better if they could only taunt like 6 times in a whole match!

This is coming from a more recent experience I've had with an actually okay player I had on my team twice.
They were using the 2,3, and 4 commands to broadcast what they were doing at all times and how we should follow-up. Helpful for like two seconds, but incredibly grating after three seconds. Worse, they were playing Yoolip (and then Scoop) and they have really long annoying voicelines.
But nothing rude or mean over chat. I think we even joked about something at some point, which I wouldn't have been able to do with a full mute.

Seriously.
An option to turn off the voices while keeping the visual pings and chat open would be GOOD. If anyone can put an argument against that, be my guest because I can't think of anything bad aside from the time it would take to do it.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:52 pm 

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, Earth, Milky Way, Voltar's Robe.
Boy Skylark wrote:
But nothing rude or mean over chat. I think we even joked about something at some point, which I wouldn't have been able to do with a full mute.

So you want Ronimo to do something when you could've asked the guy to not spam commands? :huh: Why not just, y'know, ask him to stop? Novel concept, I know, that if someone's being annoying and it seems unintentional, you can actually find out how considerate they are by maybe asking them to chill.

Boy Skylark wrote:
An option to turn off the voices while keeping the visual pings and chat open would be GOOD. If anyone can put an argument against that, be my guest because I can't think of anything bad aside from the time it would take to do it.

It was already pointed out. There's no need for this when there's so scenarios where it'd come up, and in the scenarios where it does come up, there's already solutions. Either the guy is spamming and they don't care about you or what you have to say meaning they're not worth your time or friendship, or they're spamming but they're actually considerate toward your feelings. Just because the guy in your case was spamming 2, 3, and 4 to indicate his position does not mean that that's necessarily a viable way to play.

EldridgeSandokan wrote:
Going in dry

"This game is about doing damage."

"Snowballing doesn't even exist."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:29 pm 

if what i think is happening, iiiis happening, it better not be EXCUUUUSE ME, these guys are ALLLLL over me! somebody get rid of them if what i think is happening, iiiis happening, it better not be EXCUUUUSE ME, these guys are ALLLLL over me! somebody get rid of them

overly long lines suck

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:43 pm 

Art-maker of this community aren't thicc enough apparently

Steam :raehands:
Balance feedbacks here
Discord français d'awesomenauts

datguyoverthere wrote:
lets have a round of applause for the work of Alpha Z everyone.

Xelrog wrote:
No one watches competitive gaming.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:56 pm 

Armorend wrote:
Boy Skylark wrote:

So you want Ronimo to do something when you could've asked the guy to not spam commands? :huh: Why not just, y'know, ask him to stop? Novel concept, I know, that if someone's being annoying and it seems unintentional, you can actually find out how considerate they are by maybe asking them to chill.

I have asked people before in the past who have done this and gotten the same response I get here.
"Uh, why don't you just mute me then?"

Just, what is the harm in doing such a thing? I don't get why it's something that can't be in the game?

Edit:
Doppelganger wrote:

No more thicc girls. Gotcha. :raehands:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:21 am 
Adminaut

Boy Skylark wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:

No more thicc girls. Gotcha. :raehands:

I always preferred more realistic proportions anyways.

#MakeNautsMoreLikePong
Mainly playing: Whoever I feel like.