Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: We need MOAR maps
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 pm 

MOAR maps are more important than more nauts. Once bug lady comes out, we'll have a massive roster, it'll be good enough. Then we should focus on maps alright? We have to have more maps, 5 maps isn't enough. I'm thinking 2 more maps, at least. All in favour, say aye

Post subject: Re: We need MOAR maps
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm 

I think what we really need now is a polish/balance patch, after that we can move to other issues.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:46 pm 

aye

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:41 pm 

Yeah because making a new map is totally doable within 5-8 business days.

May I remind you of the following:

- Starstorm, AI 205 and Aiguillon all took months to actually create (AI 205 maybe less so because it wasn't a brand new "from-scratch" map, but still)
- they all had...erghm, mixed reviews, after finally being released (partly because of Ronma dropping the ball with using the feedback, at least with Starstorm, but still)

Then people would just complain that there's no new meaningful content while we wait for the new maps and once those theoretical new maps would come out...People are gonna complain to high hell anyway.
Y'all don't know what you want, basically. :shrug:

DiscordTag: Mes#5930
Yes, hello.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:43 pm 

yes sure.

You obviously like community dramas for saying that.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

MetaYondaime wrote:
Mr Nutz wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
Liberté

Egalité

Fraternité

All together for a totally fair leaderboard and an absolutely balanced game.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:43 pm 

I 100% agree.

But the reality is it's not looking good for maps. They've been asked about it more than once and have stated on streams that there are no plans for a new map anytime soon. They feel it wouldn't be worth the effort when they could release 3 or 4 characters in the time it would take to make 1 map.

I think that reasoning is ass-backwards and stupid myself, but the only thing that would convince them to make a new map at this point would be if a large portion of the community boycotted the game. I don't think I could bring together that many people, but maybe someone like sam could. We could set a date when everyone agrees not to play nauts for 24 hours. That would be sure to get their attention.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:14 pm 

aye,

Why not make a custom map competition.. Ronimo could polish the winning map or stm.. as said before..

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:08 pm 

Mes wrote:

- Starstorm, AI 205 and Aiguillon all took months to actually create (AI 205 maybe less so because it wasn't a brand new "from-scratch" map, but still)
- they all had...erghm, mixed reviews, after finally being released (partly because of Ronma dropping the ball with using the feedback, at least with Starstorm, but still)

Then people would just complain that there's no new meaningful content while we wait for the new maps and once those theoretical new maps would come out...People are gonna complain to high hell anyway.

Why would they take months when a single modder can create a map in days, and balance it within weeks?

They can just organize a map contest, and balance whoever wins

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
Mes wrote:

Why would they take months when a single modder can create a map in days, and balance it within weeks?

They can just organize a map contest, and balance whoever wins

You seem to forget that the primary reason why Starstorm et al took so long is because of the art. Something that pretty much most of custom maps lack (either using the builtin holo-graphics or re-using existing graphics from other maps).

DiscordTag: Mes#5930
Yes, hello.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:32 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Mes wrote:

Had Starstorm been balanced and had the pages upon pages (dozens, reams) of feedback we gave Ronimo been acted upon instead of being disregarded, I think it would have turned out much better and been received as such. Instead, it was something to the tune of "too much work" and hence, a poor result.

Now, I appreciate that the artwork does take a large portion of the time (and is of very high quality at any rate), but you cannot expect anything less than complaints when a map is released in an awful state and all the playtesting ignored.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...