Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Update 4.3.1 LIVE NOW!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:51 pm 

Location: Legends say he now resides in a cave, (waiting for someone to challenge him)
The Lord Protector wrote:
People, you do not give them enough credit for their hard work!

We were only in the dark for literally weeks on end with no direct nor arguably indirect communication to be had on the monstrously imbalanced mess that was/is Commander Rocket; what do you mean a minor reduction in his power—comparable to a rounding error—is not sufficient? Madness!

Do not worry, though: if Qi'tara is anything like Ksenia, and judging by the recent 'Nauts, she will be Ksenia with a different haircut, then her uselessness on release will balance out this fantastical nonsense here and all will be right with the game to tide it over for the next Big Thing™.

Can we keep qi'tara a 100% single target naut? I keep seeing a lot of newer nauts dominating because of how they are able to kill single targets individually, while also having the potential to do much more at the same time. (See ix, dizzy, rocket, smiles, deadlift) it would be interesting to see again a version of nauts where every character with a bad aa that can barely clear lanes be good without getting punished horribly at the first mistake they make, not saying they shouldn't be able to push, but rather having to do everything one step at a time. (Its like everyone has their own flavor of clunk explode, makes other push tools such as smile's aa look pale compared to rocket's or dizzy's kit.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:54 pm 

He's not nearly as oppressive anymore. Still OP, but this is good. Thank you Ronimo!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 pm 

This is not enough. He needs to be weaker

Also, is it possible to buff Dizzy's AA? Its lacking

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:58 pm 

When you buy Rbay you only reflect his AA, not the big missile with the kb.
The patch notes say this correctly but honestly this is stupid, why does it not reflect the big missile also?
Cuckit has basically no counterplay to begin with, and from a game pov this is very inconsistent with other projectiles, how is Cuckit's missile that flies from 1 base to another not a projectile?

Also does this work with deflect punch? since the patchnotes only say rbay.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:55 pm 

He's pretty much the exact same character and the stupid stuff about him hasn't been addressed aside from the turret damage :\

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:54 pm 

I'd say the turret damage HASN'T been addressed. Rocket Launch was just a bonus tick on his already massive AA structure damage.

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:22 am 

is there any bonus after your at level 50? profile xp goes to nauts or anything like that?

"There's only one booty to appease my blasted urges"
:kiss: #Coco's Booty :kiss:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:40 am 

-Charged salvo rockets can now be reflected with Froggy G’s right back at ya.

Honestly, can we just remove RBAY even after it's nerfs it's still unfun to fight against. I know rocket can just use rocket launch to get away and laser melts him (cause they didn't get rid of sperm cannon LUL ) but it still destroys certain match-ups.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:28 am 

remove collision on laser trap...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:25 pm 

My vision about situation.

Rocket:
Rocket Launch: I agree with people saying it should deal damage to Rocket himself, with BRAY or impact. Because otherwise it's super safe to land and let player to flee from sudden close-combat danger like Leon or Ksenia. There's no skill in shooting in enemies face and getting far from him in the same time. Knowing that your health is already low and that Penny managed to amplify you/Nibbs burnt you till 150hp/whatsoever, so that Rocket blast will surely kill the shooter and there should be another way to escape - that's the experience and fair risk for such kind of characters in my opinion.

Laser trap: Hard-hitting area denial. A bit math to go: it's 10 sec cooldown. Which looks normal... until you realize that 6 of them ability is actually active. That gives Rocket's enemies a 4 second window of opportunity for punishing him before he throws another one. In most cases, that is not enough when you're dealing with mobile-as-hell character. After all, compare it with Coco's Blaze: 8s CD and only 1,6s working time. Ah, yes, and she is endangered during this act.

What I propose: increase CD for a full duration. Yes, it's 16 seconds, just like Rocco's Vengeance. But then I see two good changes. First of all, Rocket players would place their traps more carefully and stop playing like "spam or be spammed". I've seen enough stalling when two rockets just toss their traps in the middle and no one goes in. Second, this brings some versatility in builds. If Rocket is not like waiting so much, he can take a CD upgrade and go with teammates. Do you know any person going for Kard With Kiss? I don't. Because as I said before it is not so long to recharge for a trap in base. But cutting CD for 4 seconds in the middle of a fight - that is more potent. Just saying.

About collision: sometimes in narrow places it helps killing all enemy team who trying to escape and losing precious moments because of that sad bug. Fix it ASAP, please. Indestructable things should not make collisions with players or droids or other moving game objects.
About damage: Solar Boss is done under 5 seconds. Solo. I think it is a bit much. I'm glad you decided to reduce trap damage by 30%, but Box Of Cirean Cigars should be revised too. Also - if someone touches 2 lasers simultaniously (stays in center in other words), his life shortens drastically. It's not so hard to manage actually - Yoolip gaze or Derpl's snare traps + Borgo Cigar Cutter. Many ways for achieving this. I don't know how it would influence balance, so I don't insist - but how about ignoring the second laser damage if you are already hit by other?

Smiles:
Would be short as don't have much experience by playing him. So... Put away that stun from his tail already! For a 6-second CD ability (and 4 seconds with upgrades - what were you thinking?) it has too many advantages - multihit decent damage (even through the obstacles if range is close), stun and knockback. Come on! Smiles is a tank, he's not so easy to kill quick by itself. And you gave him fast recovering ability to cancel most of offensive maneuvers. I don't ask you to completely remove stun - let it stay in updates. But it should be payed for, not free.