Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Update 4.3.1 LIVE NOW!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:20 pm 

FishmanDerp wrote:
Mobility with Rocket Launch was nerfed by the cooldown nerf, it's not a big nerf and I want further mobility nerfs as said in the post but it's a mobility nerf all the same.

I would barely call that a nerf, regardless I agree that his mobility still needs nerfing.
I'll have to see if the collision increase makes it easier to apply CC on him also.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:31 pm 
Adminaut

Jas123c wrote:
FishmanDerp wrote:
Mobility with Rocket Launch was nerfed by the cooldown nerf, it's not a big nerf and I want further mobility nerfs as said in the post but it's a mobility nerf all the same.

I would barely call that a nerf, regardless I agree that his mobility still needs nerfing.
I'll have to see if the collision increase makes it easier to apply CC on him also.

It's hardly anything for sure, just felt it was dishonest to ignore when listing off what was changed. I'm happy to see a bunch of nerfs but it's not like he won't still control mid like mad with homing Laser Trap and dump >500 damage on your face on a low cooldown at near-zero risk. He might at least be hittable with initiations though with the hitbox nerf.

Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:51 pm 

No, no, no. This doesnt help at all. He kills little slower now, but his area denial and unstoppable push is just the same still. Sure, I got few kills less and pushing to the end took a minute longer, but he is still the same.

First, the homing sperm cigar box upgrade Must be gone. It has way too much area denial, and is way too easy to use. It even annoys your teammates, since it easily steals the kills from their skillfully made combos and actual attacks. This upgrade is worst possible no skill no brain in the game. And a #1 purchase even if you reduce its damage. Take it away, please...

Laser trap duration and cooldown not touched? Who cares if damage is reduced abit, you can still spam this thing and enemy wont be stopping your push. Make the cooldown 10 seconds after the trap has drown dry.

Have you actually tested laser trap spamming? With the cigar box sperm and ridiculous cooldown, try and see what happens in pub matches, when you focus on pushing and spamming the laser near enemy turrets, you can see the design is plainly wrong after 1 match.

Thanks for the attempt, but no, please fix the abovementioned no brainers asap, shouldnt take a week to hotfix those glaring obvious things away.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:53 pm 

Not enough, and smiles still needs a nerf. Time to set this game aside for a while again until Ronimo gets their * together.

Last edited by halogamb on Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:54 pm 

As others have said, these nerfs are a good start, but I would like to see some more adjustments.

-Further reductions to mobility. Rocket Launch needs less knockback ASAP.

-Tone down Laser Trap's base tick damage. This thing scares me more than a damage-boosted Ayla.

-Tone down Rocket Launch's damage. Ideally, in order to do good damage, Rocket will have to stack AA damage with Rocket Launch, while the 2 abilities independently do pretty meh damage. This would require he get in close, risking himself to deal more damage. The combination damage will also be nowhere near what it was before.

-Decrease Laser Trap's duration, thus reducing its obnoxious area denial in places like hide areas, and reducing its spaminess.

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:37 pm 

Well, it's good that he's finally getting a nerf patch, but for how long it took it's not really enough. His items are still too split between overpowered and useless, and his overall design makes him strong in too many areas.

I'll also jump on the train of saying that Smiles getting a nerf would be nice. It'd be great to not know a game is over when I'm solo-queuing as soon as I see a Smiles and Rocket on the other team.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:45 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
First, the homing sperm cigar box upgrade Must be gone. It has way too much area denial, and is way too easy to use. It even annoys your teammates, since it easily steals the kills from their skillfully made combos and actual attacks. This upgrade is worst possible no skill no brain in the game. And a #1 purchase even if you reduce its damage. Take it away, please...

Totally agree. You'll need to nerf the damage A LOT to nerf that area denial (so it become useless). Remove it is the best thing to do. Or maybe they don't home anymore, it can be another nerf idea.

halogamb wrote:
Not enough, and smiles still needs a nerf. Time to set this game aside for a while again until Ronimo gets their * together.

Don't forget Ix. Rocket and Smiles are not the only one with op tools.

Steam profile

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:56 pm 

I might reinstall this game when you manage to properly hotfix both Smiles and Rocket, this is just tiny tweaks, cmon.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:11 pm 

Joost wrote:
-Pressing the go button in character select will now play the naut’s voice again.

Hooray, now let's fix the millions of other audio bugs that have been in the game for over a year now!

Such as ally taunts, and nearly all the new nauts since Ix have been released with either some of their voicelines not playing, or just their command lines (help/attack/defend) not playing at all.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
People, you do not give them enough credit for their hard work!

We were only in the dark for literally weeks on end with no direct nor arguably indirect communication to be had on the monstrously imbalanced mess that was/is Commander Rocket; what do you mean a minor reduction in his power—comparable to a rounding error—is not sufficient? Madness!

Do not worry, though: if Qi'tara is anything like Ksenia, and judging by the recent 'Nauts, she will be Ksenia with a different haircut, then her uselessness on release will balance out this fantastical nonsense here and all will be right with the game to tide it over for the next Big Thing™.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...