Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Leaderboard reset coming Monday September 4th
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:27 pm 

I would actually be very happy about this fact but now Smiles and Rocked are existing.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:58 pm 

rybakowsky wrote:
I would actually be very happy about this fact but now Smiles and Rocked are existing.

ye same

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 am 

Joost wrote:
Everyone will be reset to the default ranking of 10,000. Note that new players will still have a lower rating because anyone with less than 100 matches automatically gets reduced rating. So new players won't notice the reset as much as more experienced players.

God, I hate how crude and primitive the leaderboards system still is after 5 years(!!!) of existence!

I also hate how I always need to * on the game I actually love. I'm getting cynical :shrug:

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:57 am 

Finally! But I agree with niki and rybakowksy--Rocket is ridiculously overpowered and Smiles is too to a lesser extent.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:16 am 

rybakowsky wrote:

Oh dear. This is a valid point. What use is reset, if greedy people can Rocket themselves up? Start of a new reset is always a competetive time period, I am sure many will use the dark side to gain victories...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:24 am 

Better late than never I guess.
This might get me playing again regularly

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:53 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
rybakowsky wrote:

Oh dear. This is a valid point. What use is reset, if greedy people can Rocket themselves up? Start of a new reset is always a competetive time period, I am sure many will use the dark side to gain victories...

It's better than having Smiles and Rocket while not having a reset.

Also... RESET HPYE!

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:54 am 

Eh. Dunno I'm not really excited for this because current leaderboards are so flawed and don't really mean anything.

Why can I win 10 games in a row, lose 1 and lose more rating than I gained with 10 wins? Why is there no rating decay to stop accounts from sitting on the top spots without playing? Why does league 2 have 7000 spots so leagues don't even have any relevance? Why do I occasionally get league 4- players on my team and why am I punished for losing rating for losing games with useless teammates? etc etc

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:44 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
Joost wrote:
Everyone will be reset to the default ranking of 10,000. Note that new players will still have a lower rating because anyone with less than 100 matches automatically gets reduced rating. So new players won't notice the reset as much as more experienced players.

God, I hate how crude and primitive the leaderboards system still is after 5 years(!!!) of existence!

I also hate how I always need to * on the game I actually love. I'm getting cynical :shrug:

The game was fine. The devs did a good job on that one. Getting put below my actual skill level on the leaderboard is ok as long as it didn't impact game quality. But, you shouldn't hate how you feel like you have to * on the game. You're completely reasonable in your position..

Speaking objectively, the problem is that the devs are bad humans, and decided to ruin things for others. This game COULD be heaven, instead it's yet another greedy attempt at a marketing cash-grab.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 pm 

jesus christ, you guys have nothing to talk about on streamishos so you just give us awkward small talk, intentionally cringe singing, and league 6 gameplay?
you don't even give us teasers or anything to hype the game, you just hype stupid raffles for dumb skins

at least talk with the chat to a meaningful extend besides memes