Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: I believe they used some of my idea....
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:39 am 

I can't find it anymore, but wasn't Ayla also a fan-naut once with the same name? "Ayla the Huntress" I think her name was or something - the abilities were very similar too.

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:56 am 

Wow they used your idea of taking an established race of characters from a backstory of another character, then turning one of them into a playable naut with abilities based on real world equivalent animal's defining traits.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:05 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Gameinsky wrote:
Wow they used your idea of taking an established race of characters from a backstory of another character, then turning one of them into a playable naut with abilities based on real world equivalent animal's defining traits.

I was unaware that bulls could project forcefields and leap several metres into the air spontaneously. To be fair, the UK's fauna is really boring.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:56 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Gameinsky wrote:

I was unaware that bulls could project forcefields and leap several metres into the air spontaneously. To be fair, the UK's fauna is really boring.

What kind of cows do you have where you live? Down here cows are a menace to the public an need animal control to stop them

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:44 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Gameinsky wrote:

Oh, I didn't notice the shield, my bad.
I don't think it's too farfetched though, bulls are strong so would be associated with tanks, and tanks tend to have shields.
Quite funny though.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:51 pm 

See my signature for an assassin with a stacked throwing knife attack and a tank with a snaring, arcing projectile and a lifesteal AA

Got my new headset, Taylor Swift has never sounded so good. I'm crying. :tear:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:21 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Actually, Deadlift's visuals were mostly inspired by this art: https://twitter.com/ronimogames/status/ ... 1542859776

As for the skills, we wanted to make a tank that has to be more active in his tanking. We had a prototype for a cool leap, and at first we thought his other ability would make him grow somehow. Unfortunately that didn't really work well with the game's platforming nature, so a shield worked out way better.