Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What will Ronimo do...
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:23 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
GuyBrush wrote:
Hey: it's better than "OMG Space!" :raehands:

SpaceWarz: Battle for the Core
"The free 2D MOBA from Ronimo Games, creators of... uh, Swords and Soldiers."

Excuse me while I vomit slightly in my mouth.

At least it's 1000x more descriptive than Awesomenauts. :shrug:

BattleWars
RoboWars
AlienLeague
WarLeague
BattleLeague

Those are all better names. It doesn't need to be creative, it just needs to be descriptive and easy to talk about.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm 

Those sound like dime-a-dozen mobile game titles though.

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:06 am 

DeezNauts wrote:
GuyBrush wrote:
Hey: it's better than "OMG Space!" :raehands:

BattleWars
RoboWars
AlienLeague
WarLeague
BattleLeague

Those are all better names. It doesn't need to be creative, it just needs to be descriptive and easy to talk about.

Ugh, no. Those are all generic, immediately forgottable names. Name should indeed be creative enough, that you at least click the Steam banner to see the trailer of the game. And so that you remember hearing about it when you read a news on it. After that it has done its purpose, when you are a player already, the name doesnt matter much anymore. Also, Awesomenauts indicates that the game is humorous, made with satire. And humorous nature is big part of Awesomenauts. Generic BattleWars wouldnt tell that.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:15 am 

srsly ronimo why do you not even try to build up hype
where's the teasers and hints? why did you kill off voltar's vault immediately after its revival?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:40 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Awesomenauts indicates that the game is humorous, made with satire. And humorous nature is big part of Awesomenauts.

You are right, ronimo is good at making a joke out of this game last time (I mean last 2 years)

kathy wrote:
srsly ronimo why do you not even try to build up hype
where's the teasers and hints? why did you kill off voltar's vault immediately after its revival?

Another thing to add to "Cool stuff removed for no reason" list.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:18 pm 

EDIT: Okay, people in Steam's reviews say the game's fun to play, mechanics seems okay, but dev comunication and censoring are trash.
Yeah, people are actually QUITTING the game because characters' skins and measurements were changed. Found the target audience of this game, like Elsword's.

Some pal here said xe came from DFO.
I came from Elsword. You have to pay to get SKILL SLOTS there*.

LIKE JUST IMAGINE RONIMO DEMANDING REAL MONEY FOR YOU TO HAVE ALL YOUR BASE SKILLS PER NAUT OH YOU WANT TO USE RAGE TOO BAD PAY USD2.50

Add to that the absurd Weapon Upgrading (free system, paid bonuses, do the math).
And then there's the character balance that makes Rockets feels fair.
(*thankfully the new management at KoG is trying to pretend to fix that, also they're implementing a monthly quest to get a monthly fix of those Slots.)

How much is KoG's fault and how much is Nexon's tampering, it's up to interpretation.

I don't see how this could threaten 'Nauts, except if it casual and facilitator factors are WAY up there.

I bring shame to all Voltars, Raelyns and Chuchos. I basically don't know how to move a mouse.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I was not aware that the developers for Elsword are the same developers for Awesomenauts.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:02 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
DeezNauts wrote:

BattleWars
RoboWars
AlienLeague
WarLeague
BattleLeague

Ugh, no. Those are all generic, immediately forgottable names. Name should indeed be creative enough, that you at least click the Steam banner to see the trailer of the game. And so that you remember hearing about it when you read a news on it. After that it has done its purpose, when you are a player already, the name doesnt matter much anymore. Also, Awesomenauts indicates that the game is humorous, made with satire. And humorous nature is big part of Awesomenauts. Generic BattleWars wouldnt tell that.

ya'll should know I joined around spooky time during a sale when a friend of mine told me.
-hey you should get this game called awesomenauts, its really fun!
and I said, awesomenauts? that name is worse than league of legends...lol
2 years later...yeah the name still sucks more than Defense Of The Ancients two but is at least not as stupid as it was when I first heard of it. its the kind of title you hear and don't even think is a real game because of how bad it sounds but since the internet is a thing, it means that it does exist. I much preffer the titles:
Awesomenauts: the Free 2D MOBA (because it actually describes what the game is + its free)
Awesomenauts: featuring Yung Goat (but only for a while)
Overwatch (because its probably a better game)
Tony hawk's underground (because its a classic)
ULTIMATE DANK MEMES COMPILATION #53 (because its on my recommended list)
AI wars (because it sounds like a cool 90's game and its what the game is about...though a game with that name already exists and is still not 80's enough)
Awesome for hire OR, my personal favourite:
Call for awesome, a version where the technology in the nauts universe has the same limits as 80's technology and the awesomenauts (still the same name for the mercenary group)
have a universal phone Hotline where you call and order a hero, think Repoman or that regular show episode about party pete but with superheroes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:20 am 

Alrighty then. As someone who's currently playing Hyper Universe, they're cool downs for the skills, so its not a fighter :derp:
As for the mobility of the game, yes, Awesomenauts has much more of that, however because of that, Hyper Universe is an "easier" game to play...which is very odd to say, because you would think a game called Awesomenauts would be geared for casuals.

Anyways, outside of Hyper being easier to play, which would attract a larger audience away from Awesomenauts, it also has a fairly large "jungle" with creeps, buffs, super minions that constantly spawn after taking out the enemies last turret and a Baron Nashor. To me, that would attract MOBA people from going to Awesomenauts. Dunno much about this but in the prologue you fought a decent sized Dragon boss that was pretty cool. And lastly, a "story" of sorts with characters having banter between each other if you completed a match using the characters or use a character 10 times etc...
So I mean, Hyper has more content then Awesomenauts while also being F2P. That's pretty much why I was wondering if Ronimo was going to do anything :GnawShock:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:49 pm 

Hyper universe rarely uses the Y axis. And when they do, it's either used to change lanes, or used as part of a special. However, specials that use the Y axis are rare, meaning that 90% of the time, the game is just a "Who's got the better stats?" tug-of-war on the X axis.

If I wanted that kind of gameplay, I'd just go play LOL. The X plane is far more interesting than the X axis.

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest