Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Update 4.3.2 LIVE NOW!
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 am 

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:17 am 

mewnah wrote:
you guys are so * cynical :aylaroll:
these nerfs are a good start, we're getting there. calm tf down

^

I echo this after what seemed to be an era of silence on Ronimo's account. They went from addressing none of the community's concerns for what seemed like forever, to resetting the leaderboards and nerfing the characters that were strong almost within the same week. An odd change of priority to be sure but progress is progress.

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:28 am 

Diz Hydron wrote:
mewnah wrote:
you guys are so * cynical :aylaroll:
these nerfs are a good start, we're getting there. calm tf down

^

I echo this after what seemed to be an era of silence on Ronimo's account. They went from addressing none of the community's concerns for what seemed like forever, to resetting the leaderboards and nerfing the characters that were strong almost within the same week. An odd change of priority to be sure but progress is progress.

Yes let's praise Ronìmo for doing something that should of been done 2 months ago and yet even still didnt do enough.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:27 pm 

Boy, seriously, what the problem with balance, I really appreciate, but Ronimo should realize about how strong are the previous nauts, Vinnie, Voltar and Froggy are too strong for what they do.
Rocket nerfs are good but really bad aimed,
*Good job reducing traps duration because it was too annoying having a 2 seconds cooldown for use another trap,

*Self knockback it's too safe to get out and with double rocket should reduce self knockback too

*Homing bullets should be changed no matter what, you should change it, not reducing damage, because it will be yet broken, the base design it's bad, not the damage, a good idea should be a triple laser so it has increased damage but not because it's HOMING EASY DAMAGE THING

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 pm 

Well, that fix was not as cardinal as I expected, but nevertheless this small step is for good. Thank you, Ronimo! :rae:

Can't disagree with people - homing bullets are just not right and should be replaced by anything else.
For example, I myself thinking about remote control - the trap is placed and inactive for a maximum of 10 seconds or 'till Rocket presses the button again. That will not give him any DMG, CC or range advantages but could be useful in securing passages and catching people. Ofc CD timer is frozen while ability is in "sleeping" mode, like Leon's Cloak. Could be more game-breaking feature than Cigars, but we can't say for sure without beta testing.

Nuke Bug is a problem too. You see, it's not because of damage, -33% is a fair change for shooting twice. But mostly Big Rocket is used for it's knockback. And that upgrade means double mobility with double safety, so even if Rocket is caught by snare or sudden throw he always has another chance to run away. And his short legs are pretty fast enough even without it. Not mentioning about twice defence potential as enemy knockback clearly doesn't help pushing towers.
Well, what could be done with it? If replacing upgrade is not an option, I suggest decreasing knockback (self-knockback including) as well - for 30-50%. For those who prefer extra firepower over mobility.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 am 

These changes seem pretty good, but I agree with what some others here have already said: Homing bullets on trap is not good.

First of all, laser trap already has a beam length upgrade that increases the radius of the damage area. That pretty much has the same function as the homing projectiles, which is making the trap deny and damage a larger area.
The projectiles however, also add a ton of damage, and the fact that they are homing takes away from the unique method players can play around the trap's unique, thin, and predictable hitbox. They also don't look very good, and seem misplaced compared to the trap's art.

I think Sevenecho's idea of a delayed activation is a much more interesting suggestion for an upgrade, but I'm not sure how it would play out.

Other possible upgrades that could be considered: Short vacuum effect on deployment, reduction to just one thicker beam that deals more damage, adding a third beam, or making the beams go through terrain.
I'm generally in favour of upgrades that expand a skill's tactical functionality rather than just adding more numbers.