Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: 2 much infuriating problems that haven't allowed F2P to
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:09 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Oh yes, I must have slipped a digit: I shall update those.

I would not want you two arming yourselves with anything less than the finest averages, I assure you!

Wouldn't expect any less from a guy that spends his days roaming all subforums to correct grammatical errors made by people who aren't even writing in their native language. 10/10.

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:36 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
This coming from the person that corrected my calculation errors not one post ago, especially considering that you can consider mathematics the universal language!

I take great offence to these double-standards and will be campaigning for equality in this here thread.

Now back on-topic—quick, before someone locks us.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 pm 

Quote:
mathematics the universal language!

But it's because of this that we can expect everyone to speak it correctly (unlike English).

I like your quote though! (small edits were made)
Quote:
Mathematics, the universal language!

Quote:

Quote:

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:43 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Zold wrote:
I like your quote though!

Ah, good to hear—

—hold it:

Zold wrote:
(small edits were made)

Is it really a quote if... well, "small edits were made"?

...or, in this case, large edits; edits of ascending size and impact?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:55 am 

Zold wrote:
No, Gameinsky you just don't seem to get it.

Not to call the kettle black here but this gradual decline is happening regardless of some F2P weekend 3 years ago, it's just that the last 30 or so posters that have been hanging around clinging on to hope that might have deluded the reality of the situation.

If we wanna use "this game is 5 years old" as an excuse, than they negate any other super popular game that is old of existing. Super Smash Bros Melee, a game that is arguably 20 years old, has survived with local tournaments and finally an emulator on pc that enables you to play against others without the limitation of console local play from back then.

It's normal for a game to have a gradual decline and a gradual incline over the years depending on what's been going on either with patches or Steam's front page of all things. It's not normal to have a steady decline, followed by a huge hiccup spike that takes about a month or two to fall back where it was prior to whatever patch or event stirred it in the first place.

Numerous examples have been given for this steady decline, even far back as a year or two, and the main offender seems to be a lack of actual communication with Ronimo on addressing major patches (beta, Exp system, bugs that hang around for literally 3 years).

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:54 am 

melee is still popular because it has a ton of characters and has one of the most ridiculously high skill ceilings ever
nauts has a lot of characters but it's incredibly simple and basic situational awareness and teamwork are all you need to get to league 1

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:11 pm 

Games like Melee are super rare though - it's an exception, not the norm. You need a extremely high quality game (and a lot of 'luck') to break with the standard trends of decline. People might be expecting that from Awesomenauts too, but I feel like it's really not realistic.

Look at the bigger trend and notice that the vast majority of Steam indie games is facing a steady decline. Of course we could say that all of these games lack ''something'' - and while that might be true - a much more reasonable explanation is that Steam as a platform (and indie games in general) has/have become less profitable both in terms of income as in terms of playerbases. There are reasons why the indiepocalypse (now post-indiepocalypse) happened and there are reasons why we have 65% less jobs for video-game developers. People are going back to the bigger titles, triple A and away from the many indie-games. I don't get why people expect Awesomenauts to be an exception.

You can try to dig for water in a desert, and maybe one out of 1000 people will be lucky enough to find it, but that doesn't mean the other 999 are doing it wrong.

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:49 pm 

Zold wrote:
kathy wrote:
melee is still popular because it has a ton of characters and has one of the most ridiculously high skill ceilings ever
nauts has a lot of characters but it's incredibly simple and basic situational awareness and teamwork are all you need to get to league 1

That's more of a fault of the leaderboard/rating handout than anything.

Zold wrote:
Games like Melee are super rare though - it's an exception, not the norm. You need a extremely high quality game (and a lot of 'luck') to break with the standard trends of decline. People might be expecting that from Awesomenauts too, but I feel like it's really not realistic.

Look at the bigger trend and notice that the vast majority of Steam indie games is facing a steady decline. Of course we could say that all of these games lack ''something'' - and while that might be true - a much more reasonable explanation is that Steam as a platform (and indie games in general) has/have become less profitable both in terms of income as in terms of playerbases. There are reasons why the indiepocalypse (now post-indiepocalypse) happened and there are reasons why we have 65% less jobs for video-game developers. People are going back to the bigger titles, triple A and away from the many indie-games. I don't get why people expect Awesomenauts to be an exception.

You can try to dig for water in a desert, and maybe one out of 1000 people will be lucky enough to find it, but that doesn't mean the other 999 are doing it wrong.

The current main reason the Indie market is taking a dive is how saturated it is with a ton of shovelware and "early access" that just never ends. If there's a legit good Indie game, it's probably swallowed by all of the garbage running rampant unless you have put in a ton of marketing in advertisement (and correct advertisement at that). That's why you see AAA games generally get more publicity, doesn't mean they're much better as a whole lately.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:00 pm 

As of late some really, really high indie games have been shining through the early access trash, being Hollow Knight and the newly released Cuphead. I do think nauts can be one of these, well could of but the problems surrounding f2p release has gimped it; severely doubt the devs can bring something as big as an f2p to the game to get it to this point.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.