Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: 2 much infuriating problems that haven't allowed F2P to
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:07 pm 

Lol that is such a tiny list of people who have left this game behind. Players only wanted matchmaking to kind of matter when regarding leagues and ranks, and something, anything, to lesson laggers effects. The tournament showed that skill doesn't matter for zork when you outlag your opponent.

XP System killed the game, horribly balancing good nauts put the nail int he coffin, and repeated releases of boring yet broken nauts that they refuse to nerf because F2p and those nauts honestly just look cool as hell so new players will pick them. Let's be honest, this is their business strategy.

Free to play moba, get new players sucked in with ideas of 'I just need a few more hours and I could be league 1' then they buy the character packs and skins and next thing you know they spent 50 bucks on the game the quit.

Churn & burn for Ronimo.

Just make a Nauts 2 with a similar cast, no need to make frugo 2.0 and 3.0, better lonestars, better skolls, better raelynns, better cocos, better genjis. Just make a new game. Even more money, you can fix up the problems...

But nah, have a 6 day vacation every week of the year instead while raking in the money - lets be honest, we would all love that life. Kudos to Ronimo team for living the dream

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:04 pm 

Shanks wrote:
The tournament showed that skill doesn't matter for zork when you outlag your opponent.

Could you at least talk about something you know, because besides all the stuff you mentionned which I agree with, this one make little sense.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 pm 

Bro, u mad? Paulo is an extreme lagger and anyone who's played with or against niki knows he is too.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:57 pm 

Shanks wrote:
Bro, u mad? Paulo is an extreme lagger and anyone who's played with or against niki knows he is too.

lmao

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:48 pm 

Shanks wrote:

Lag in my p2p international tournaments? What :drone:

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 am 

ive played against paulo and niki and dont think theyre laggy

hella gay maybe but not laggy

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:38 am 

It's already impressive for an indie game to 'live' for 5 years straight, let alone with the numbers we have. People get tired of games and then they find something new. Especially in the MOBA genre, many new games were released during the past 5 years, so there's simply more competition.

People expect every indie game to be a huge success like Minecraft, but the reality is - most indie games don't even get half of the players Awesomenauts gets. What's more, Steam started out as a platform where indie games did get noticed - nowaydays, there are way too much for that to happen.

Quote:
Galyonkin revealed that the median average number of sales for games tagged as ‘indie’ nearly halved over the same period, plummeting from 5,400 in April 2015 to 2,800 in 2016.

I'd be the first to acknowledge that the balance and bugfixing has been awful lately. Awesomepoints and Galactron were released unfinished which also didn't help. Despite that, the core features of things like Awesomepoints, the upcoming Brawls and the new characters are pretty cool. It's just the finetuning that lacks. Even so, I think the lack of players has much more to do with bigger trends in the gaming industry, rather than with small changes within this game.

Yeah, a really amazing game will even overcome the big trends in whole, but then again - just how many games achieve those heights and is it realistic to expect it from Awesomenauts? I don't think so.

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:33 am 

Zold wrote:
I'd be the first to acknowledge that the balance and bugfixing has been awful lately. Awesomepoints and Galactron were released unfinished which also didn't help. Despite that, the core features of things like Awesomepoints, the upcoming Brawls and the new characters are pretty cool. It's just the finetuning that lacks. Even so, I think the lack of players has much more to do with bigger trends in the gaming industry, rather than with small changes within this game.

I really wish I could say "hah, you're right, we needn't panic"

But the Nauts playerbase always takes a blow after a controversial patch.

Every time I ask a friend why they stop playing they never said "lost interest".
It's always 'the exp system ruined the game for me" or "the way Ronimo neglects part of their community".

It's pretty clear that in this game, the majority of the playerbase losses were due to patches, not due to the trend of indiegames. Of course inbetween those patches people leave as well, but those are gradual decreases and they're also slow. Nauts lost about half of its active playerbase from 3 months ago.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:20 am 

Would you seriously argue that an argument such as: "My friends say A, therefore A must be true!" Stands any ground against a gigantic trend for nearly all indie Steam-developers?

Take a look at the Steamcharts, it's a gradual slow decrease (bulb being F2P launch) - as it is with a lot of indie games. If a patch would break or make it, then you'd see huge spikes - which we don't. This is simply the effect of an old game getting older. And yes the game has lost tons of players - but these were all F2P players that were merely trying a game out to see if they liked it. This effect occured basically every free to play weekend or week in the past. The fact that the paywall is gone (while it really isn't) doesn't change that.

As for the XP-system. You can measure a year before the XP-system and a year after and you won't find any significant changes in terms of player decline. The game has been declining since 2014, long before the XP-system. This is the natural process for most games.

Need to panic? I don't know, it's just a game. Games die. Find another game and move on when the time comes.

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:34 pm 

you know, i just went "f this" and alt-F4 for the first time in a while..

its sunday morning here, not 7am, 9:30am.. you're expecting more players..

first game and only game: full russian federation on my side and enemy side... im host.. why?

-shouldn't one of the russians be host?
-why the hell am I even in this game? everybody has 1 network bar to me...
-the game decided making the droids and turrets a pain in the ass for everybody but me was the right decision
-the game has decided I should be a liability to my team and make them hate me for dying to things i cant see coming

all because it didn't want to make me wait? i'd much rather wait 2 minutes more than spend the next 15-25 in a chore-like match..

2 simple changes would go a long way:

-make people wait
-implement and then RESPECT REGIONAL SETTINGS, no matter what. make it an option "yes i understand i could be waiting forever"

but nooooo..

population has been dwindling for those reasons, for what the match is like, NOT because people have to wait. Look at LoL = people wait forever... but then they "enjoy" 45 minutes match that make sense...