Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: UMA Map Festival 5
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:59 am 

What is the UMA Map Festival?
The UMA Map Festival is a two hour long, as the title implies, festival! Here we will be playing custom maps, playing with friends or making new friends along with streams and raffles!

When is the 5th session of the UMA Community Map Festival
The next edition will be held Saturday 10/14 (October 14) at 1PM CDT, 2PM EDT, 3PM ART, 7PM BST, 6PM UTC, 8PM CEST, 4AM AEST and 11AM PDT (same time as the previous one). Feel free to use this handy countdown clock if you are lost with timezones.

How do I join?
There is no reservations or registration here! If you want to join the event, just join the Discord through the link provided above. From there, find a free spot in a voice channel group being led by a group leader and that's about all you have to do! Your group leader will take charge from there!

How does the event work?

• Arrange yourselves into groups of 6 headed by "group leaders", group leaders will be people such as Blatoy, Bacon Bomb and T0lkki among with other volunteers we don't know. Hop in your group's voice channel when you're ready to go! Contact the festival organizer before the event if you want to be a Group Leader. You can be one after it starts, but it's easier to organize this way
  • Your group leader will be given a playlist of ten maps to play from, within your group, discuss in the voice channel which maps out of the ten you want to play and what order they should be played in! I should mention, if you're feeling shy or don't have a working mic, don't feel pressured to voice chat! Just talk via text through the discord or the game to your group! The voice channels are just an easy way for us to organize into groups
  • Here's the fun part! Play with your group and have fun on some custom maps made by the Nauts community! If you even want, post critique of the map in the Com-Night Feedback channel! Do be kind however!
  • Every 20 minutes or so, there will be a raffle! Anyone who is currently in a voice channel and therefore playing with a group will be entered in the raffle to win one of our fabulous six prizes! We will be doing @everyone on the #map-festival-rafflezeit channel once it's time to raffle, so make sure you have your Discord notifications on! At the end of the community night we will announce all the winners again and you will have until the next Monday to claim your prize, or else we will keep your prize and use it for the next Map Festival.
  • Just keep on working down the map playlist at your own discretion until the end of event which will be about two hours! If you're really having fun you can always stay longer.

How can I suggest a map?
Finished a map you're proud of? Know of a cool map we don't know? As long as the map is finished, and playable without any gamebreaking bugs, hop into the UMA discord and suggest a map in the general chat or private message me or Blatoy. We will be voting on maps on all of Friday on the Discord so if you want a say in what maps we play during the event, vote!

RAFFLE
As mentioned before, every (number of keys / 120) minutes, everyone in a voice-chat channel on Discord and therefore, playing with their group, will be entered into the raffle automatically. We will ping @everyone on the #map-festival-rafflezeit channel on the server when the raffle is announced and ping the winner. Then at the end of the event, we will ping all the winners in case you were in a very intense match and didn't hear the notification! You have until the following Monday to claim your prize or else the prize will be recirculated and used in the next Map Festival.
What we're offering right now will be:
  • 1 Roboscoop
  • 2 Pimpy G Skins
  • 1 All Nauts Pack
  • 1 Character Pack (includes all the Starstorm nauts)

Streamers
If you're planning to stream just PM Blatoy or me on Discord, Steam or on the Forums

About United Mapmakers of Awesomenauts
The United Mapmakers of Awesomenauts (UMA) Discord server is here to help anyone that have questions about map or AI editing in Awesomenauts!
We have a lot of modders ready to help you if you have any questions regarding the editors!
Feel free to join, we usually don't bite. We may even have cookies.

How can I help with the UMA Map Festival?

• Stream! It's not only fun to stream but it's a great way for the creators of this event to catch different perspectives and hear different opinions! Private message Blatoy or I on the forums or discord if you want to stream the event and we'll put up your link on this forum post and on the Discord!
  • Donations! We are always looking for keys for future events! Announcers, Expansions, Ultimate Skins, Costume Packs, Roboscoops, and even Nauts to help out the growing F2P playerbase! Send Blatoy or me a private message on Discord or forums if you're feeling charitable!
  • Volunteers! If you are certain you will be there for the event and good with organization, we always need more group leaders! Just send Blatoy or me a private message on Discord or Forums if you want to!

TL;DR
Join us to play on custom maps the 14th of October at 1PM CDT 2PM EDT 3PM ART 7PM BST 6PM UTC 8PM CEST 4AM AEST 11AM PDT on Discord and maybe win prizes!

Post subject: Re: UMA Map Festival 5
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 am 

Woo ! I'll participate for sure :party:
I'm working on a map atm, i'll try to make it complete in time for the event :)

♥    :party:    ♥    :facepalm:    ♥   :ksenia: ♥    :shady:    ♥    :yoolip:    ♥    :chucho:    ♥

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:28 pm 

can you guys put the current map name somewhere on the streaming overlay? i've suggested this before as an improvement.

it looks like you play some pretty interesting maps, but it's impossible to tell what you're currently playing if you're just skimming the videos. it would be nice for people who don't have 2 hours to watch the entire stream :)

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:10 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
can you guys put the current map name somewhere on the streaming overlay? i've suggested this before as an improvement.

it looks like you play some pretty interesting maps, but it's impossible to tell what you're currently playing if you're just skimming the videos. it would be nice for people who don't have 2 hours to watch the entire stream :)

This is definitively something I can do... if you remind me about it in 2 weeks

Modders tools:
AI Editor block documentation
List of useful AI for the map editor
Map editor clipboard sharer

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:13 pm 

what would you say would be a better idea to work at, maps focused on more normal play or those with possible zany things and different gameplay etc. havent been watching what all everyone else has completed

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm 

stev wrote:
what would you say would be a better idea to work at, maps focused on more normal play or those with possible zany things and different gameplay etc. havent been watching what all everyone else has completed

IMO both are good but I do have a small preference for non vanilla awesomenauts maps.

Modders tools:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:13 pm 

Hey, we've all the key we are going to giveaway!
- 1 Roboscoop
- 2 Soulhuntress rae
- 2 Rockstar announcer
- 2 Pimp froggy G
- 1 All naut pack
- 1 Startstorm naut pack

Modders tools: