Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: NOW LIVE: Update 4.4: Cirque du Brawlee
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:16 am 

so ignoring the fact that yall's new aiming feature (presumably) somehow made awesomenauts even buggier, did you guys rly think the reason 20 hr players werent being retained or whatever is because they didnt know what direction their splash dash was going

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:02 am 

MonkeyCheez3K wrote:
and all I can ask is... why do people still play this game?

Because Ronimo has the monopoly on fast paced/2d moba style games and the player numbers given by this game aren't enough to drive other developers (including myself) to create a similar styled game.

2 Balance Rules

1) No upgrade should be mandatory
2) No upgrade should outclass or be overly reliant on another upgrade

My steam
Leader of Team HDTV

Jasper wrote:
Well Lashes and Sunballs are about as strong

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 am 

this is a different kind of circus than what they were going for I think

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:56 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Go on, Ronimo: take the plunge and respond.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:28 am 

They probably won't respond.
I'm trying to look at it from a positive perspective: everyone's working on awesomenauts 2 and they only got maybe 2 artists and 1 part-time developer left working on awesomenauts.
So let them work on Awesomenauts 2 (or something else in the same universe) :party:
After this patch, they shouldn't release new stuff anymore (except that new naut they got), but only do balance and focus on the new game.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:40 am 

Ouch.

And I thought that Commander Rockets launch was a catastrophe.... :GnawShock:
Luckily cant play this week at all anyway.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 am 

Oh look, Ronimo responded on reddit but they are redirecting bug reports to this forum while ronimo themselves are not posting here at all:

Quote:
We're working on the issues that have been reported and will be releasing an update to address them as soon as possible. Please report issues you encounter on the forums, so we can be sure to process them: viewforum.php?f=13

So Ronimo only responds to question/remarks on reddit but expects us to keep posting over here (and reddit if we want to get an answer)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 am 

Location: Legends say he now resides in a cave, (waiting for someone to challenge him)
idunno mang. rip nauts.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

http://steamcommunity.com/id/recipefortheperfectafro/

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:17 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Fishie wrote:
I'm trying to look at it from a positive perspective: everyone's working on awesomenauts 2 and they only got maybe 2 artists and 1 part-time developer left working on awesomenauts.
So let them work on Awesomenauts 2 (or something else in the same universe) :party:
After this patch, they shouldn't release new stuff anymore (except that new naut they got), but only do balance and focus on the new game.

So, in this theoretical situation, instead of communicating their plans to their (present and potential) consumer base(s) like any other normal developer would do, they decide instead to keep everyone in the dark while rushing increasingly buggier content out—in the hope it will somehow keep us all willing to invest in them further despite literally years of complaints to the contrary?

Where I come from, we call that "destroying your reputation with a side of Peter Molyneux."

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Fishie wrote:

So, in this theoretical situation, instead of communicating their plans to their (present and potential) consumer base(s) like any other normal developer would do, they decide instead to keep everyone in the dark while rushing increasingly buggier content out—in the hope it will somehow keep us all willing to invest in them further despite literally years of complaints to the contrary?

Where I come from, we call that "destroying your reputation with a side of Peter Molyneux."

Well, they probably just started working on a new game.
There isn't much to say about it, they're still figuring out what to do.
They got some ideas that they might be working on, but nothing definitive.
So give them a couple of months to let them work out a prototype/alpha so they can hopefully announce it then (and start a kickstarter or whatever). And let's hope they acknowledge the mistakes they have made and promise to do better.

But you're right about releasing buggy content now. There is no excuse for that.