Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: NOW LIVE: Update 4.4: Cirque du Brawlee Hotfix 1
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:06 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Update 4.4.1 Hotfix
6-10-2017

General
-Fixed that the ‘Gain 4 naut levels’ mission didn’t track properly
-Fixed droppod tiles playing continuous sound.
-Fixed that it was possible to trigger skills twice in the ‘try’ map.
-Added the proper Ringmaster announcer icon in the in-game pause menu.

Coco
-Ball lightning, fixed that Coco couldn't autoattack while aiming.

Commander Rocket
-Laser Trap, the trap does now fly through glass platforms from above.

Froggy G
-Tornado, fixed that the skill could be triggered without effect during Splash Dash.
-Bio Fuel Cells, fixed that Twister Tweeters damage wasn’t applied when canceling Tornado.

Genji
-The last pieridae transformae, hitting neutral creeps with cocoon now also produces flying droids.
-The last pieridae transformae, resulting flying droids rewards such as Solar now go to Genji.
-Auto attack, removed delay caused by skills.

Gnaw
-Acid spit, fixed that Gnaw couldn't autoattack while aiming.

Jimmy and the LUX5000
-Missile Barrage, fixed that the skill fired 3 rockets, instead of 4.

Leon
-Suprise party mask, fixed description which implied a second stage.

Max Focus
-Scene Illumination, fixed that it shows the right cooldown in the tooltip.

Professor Yoolip
-Gripping Gaze, fixed that Yoolip couldn't autoattack while aiming.
-Remote controlled whisk, fixed that the effect would only briefly show up at the end of Gripping Gaze.

Raelynn
Fixing a holdover bug from the beta.
-Receding Ponytail, solar cost increased from 220 to 270.

Skree
-Sawblade, fixed that Skree couldn't autoattack while aiming.

Swiggins
-Drop Anchor, fixed that turning off the skill aiming visual had no effect.
-Drop Anchor, fixed that the Admiral couldn't autoattack while aiming.

Ted McPain
-Added a visual indicator for airstrike showing the width of the airstrike ability.

Voltar
-Increased jump height by 2.5% to make Voltar more reliably reach the platforms in front of the lower turrets in Aiguillon.

Known issues
-Yoolip’s Laboratory centrifuge upgrade doesn’t work currently.
-Sentry's Circuits of time upgrade, currently spawns no clone upon teleporting.

Post subject: Re: NOW LIVE: Update 4.4: Cirque du Brawlee Hotfix 1
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 pm 

Like how it's called "hotfix 1", like you know there's a ton more work to do lol

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:16 pm 

Right, so what are players now to think about Sentry's CoT bug, Penny's Pulse bug, Rockets Nuke Bug+Mad Bomb bug, the leaderboard rating bug and so on. If you only fix half of the issues and then put only one item under "known issues" then just what are players supposed to think? Maybe that you didn't read the reported bugs??????

Just wtf is this communication.

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post subject: '
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:35 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Zold wrote:
Right, so what are players now to think about Sentry's CoT bug, Penny's Pulse bug, Rockets Nuke Bug+Mad Bomb bug, the leaderboard rating bug and so on. If you only fix half of the issues and then put only one item under "known issues" then just what are players supposed to think? Maybe that you didn't read the reported bugs??????

Just wtf is this communication.

We gathered all of the issues and decided there were two options: either revert the entire patch or get out a hotfix as soon as possible that fixed as many issues as time allowed us to before the weekend hit. Time wasn't on our side.

We decided going the hotfix route was best - We sorted all issues by order of importance and just worked down the list, fully aware that another fix would be necessary at the start of next week (hence the hotfix 1 title, yes). We just didn't feel comfortable leaving nauts in the state of 4.4 over the course of the weekend. Reverting would be a pretty drastic step back with us mailing out a newsletter saying ' theres new stuff in the game' and then removing it a day later.

I can understand if you disagree with this course of action, but this is what we decided to go with.

Having the known issues not have everything in the list wasn't intended to be reflective of what we do and don't read. We're aware of all of the bugs you've posted (the CoT bug should be fixed as far as I heard) and we'll be taking a look at them.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:04 pm 

I don't disagree with a hotfix at all. I'm just outlining that this sort of communication confuses people. How were we supposed to know you read all the bugs when we didn't get a single reply on them? And that's where the problem lies and that's what causes confusion.

Also, CoT isn't fixed - it still does nothing. I don't even know why I have to report this yet again when trying it out once shows you the same result.

~ Embrace your dreams.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:09 pm 

Jasper wrote:
Sentry
-Circuits of time, fixed that no clone was produced upon teleporting.

LIE, STILL DOESN'T WORK!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 pm 

Jasper wrote:
General
-Added the proper Ringmaster announcer icon in the in-game pause menu.

While you're at it, you could have updated Borbl's icon with the new art you guys made, instead of having it use the old chopped-up Blabl image.

EDIT: And the other announcers (Coco, Skree, Voltar, Wraithlord Scoop, and Susi) could be updated with their new art too.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Last edited by conorbebe on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:27 pm 

heyshinigami wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Sentry
-Circuits of time, fixed that no clone was produced upon teleporting.

LIE, STILL DOESN'T WORK!

:facepalm:

I am seriously beginning to think there is no one testing any change in Ronimo.

I wanted to bring a streamer with a good amount of followers (like, 60-80 ppl watching him at the same time) over to Awesomenauts, and I planned to do so after the 4.4 release.
I really wanted to do it to advertise the game and such. But damn... You screwed up so much this time... Guess I'll wait the next patch and see if it gets so messy, 'cause even if you guys fix every damn bug of this patch, I really don't wanna advertise this game to people fearing that the next patch will still be such a mess.

So yeah this was to tell you that you might consider being very careful and double check everything before releasing anything in the future, 'cause it can really really really screw up your name as a developer and keep newcomers away.

Post subject: Re: '
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:45 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Kewn wrote:
...We just didn't feel comfortable leaving nauts in the state of 4.4 over the course of the weekend...

But releasing Rocket and then nodding off to Gamescom was fine with you, was it?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:49 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Zold wrote:
I don't disagree with a hotfix at all. I'm just outlining that this sort of communication confuses people. How were we supposed to know you read all the bugs when we didn't get a single reply on them? And that's where the problem lies and that's what causes confusion.

We're given an extremely short amount of time to play tech support person and sometimes we try to get more issues in our bug tracker by not replying to posts - I know it's not proper form but it gets me about 25% more issues in the list. I'm sure some of the other support guys do the same thing, and I'm sure given the choice you'd do the exact same because you too prefer getting more issues on our radar over giving everyone a note. To the obvious reply of 'it's not that much work' I can safely say that after tracking it apparently is - I'm apparently such a slow techsupport monkey that it costs me about 25% of my time if I would. Calling me slow would be fair I guess, but this is just how it is.

We currently rely on our (incredibly thorough) volunteer tech support team to get the most important issues to us and reply to the ones that aren't important or a matter of 'RTFAQ'. This seems to cover most of them and get all of our issues on the jira. In other words: if any of the tech support volunteers reply to your topic, and you've reported something on the tech support forums, consider them read by us.

Quote:
Also, CoT isn't fixed - it still does nothing. I don't even know why I have to report this yet again when trying it out once shows you the same result.

I'll remove it from the patchnotes. When Jasper walked out of the door I shortly discussed the post you made and he claimed from the top of his head that CoT was fixed. It appears he made a mistake. I'll add it to the known issue list instead. My bad bb <3