Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: NOW LIVE: Update 4.4: Cirque du Brawlee Hotfix 1
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:28 pm 

Fishie wrote:
A lot of developers here who think they know better than ronimo how to test their game.
They might be right, but as a (non-game) developer myself, I know how you might think a change won't cause any bugs but it ends up being critical. And they're a relatively small company, try to cut them some slack.
They probably got developers working on Nauts right now that weren't involved with the game at the start so they don't have all the required knowledge to be able to tell 'if I change feature X, I will break feature Y'. And we all know that documentation never gets properly done, we all hate it :tongue:

Even when Circuits of Time is written as "fixed" when absolutely nothing changed with the patch? This means someone told someone else "i fixed it" when in fact nothing was fixed?

I think it's more of an internal time issue. When you're under rush, "it should work" tends to become "it works". We don't know exactly how they manage their time, but i wouldn't be surprised that they give themselves at 200% and then forget to test the basic things to get more things done in a minimal amount of time. They must have so much on their TODO list that rather than implementing & testing feature A, they prefer implement feature A & B & C and hope for the best. Or at least, that's how it looks from the outside..

I think we should give them some rest, and try to be as positive as possible. Just like when you have someone going 0/10 on your team, if you tell him he's incompetent, the match ain't be getting any better. From all the feedbacks we gave them I think they are more than aware of the issue. We're here to help them, not to crush them and say how bad they are and how even our grandmas do better than them. Also, us discussing the possible internal problems of the company in a public place, it ain't gonna do them any good.

From the quick patch we had Friday, we can tell that they still care about the game and won't let it die anytime soon. That's all I needed to know personally

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 pm 

Thanks for making a constructive and positive post potterman28wxcv.
For me as new member and player this placed seemed rather hostile recently.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:40 pm 

any news for another hotfix?

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 pm 

breaking the subject away from bugs, why did you guys stat * smiles instead of making hook stuncancellable like everyone and their dog suggested.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:25 am 

Typing this up in class so it's gonna be a bit messy.

@ other developers who are posting in this thread, especially Badass Ketchup: Ronimo's engine, servers, systems, ways of testing, etc. probably don't work in the same way as yours. Awesomenauts is a 5 year old game and, as Marukyu pointed out, there's a lot in it.

I'm gonna guess your game doesn't have as much of a following as Awesomenauts does (not to be rude or anything, just saying that if it's a game developed by one person then it probably isn't as big or complex as games with a bigger team), and therefore will not have as big a playerbase, which means less angry, negative people.
I haven't even seen the name of your game mentioned, so I don't know what it is, or where to play it, or how many people have played it/heard of it.

Going off all this, then yes, you wouldn't receive such a large amount of backlash as Ronimo does. MOBAs tend to attract pretty... outspoken people as well, and not all of those people will be nice.

It's also worth noting that some people handle criticism in different ways. One person might be demotivated seeing an angry, hateful response to their game, while others might take it as a sign to prove the angry, hateful person wrong, and strive to improve because of this criticism.

@ the upgrade testing thing: some upgrades, abilities, features, etc. can be tied to other, seemingly unrelated things in ways you probably wouldn't anticipate. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but you'd be surprised at what's tied to what.

Also honestly, hardly the fault of Ronimo if the QA team is incompetent, like I said.

@ potterman, good post. :thumb:
I believe the Circuits of Time thing was because someone attempted to fix it at the very last second and had no time to properly doublecheck if it worked or not.

Doppelganger wrote:
any news for another hotfix?

Hopefully sometime later this week; there's still somewhat urgent issues that need fixing (like Centrifuge being totally busted).

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#5930 | I'm a tech support volunteer!

Currently playing: LUX5000, Ayla, Coco, Dizzy
Sometimes play: Raelynn, Scoop, Ksenia
Still learning: Penny, Rocco

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:24 am 

Duskitty wrote:
Typing this up in class so it's gonna be a bit messy.

@ other developers who are posting in this thread, especially Badass Ketchup: Ronimo's engine, servers, systems, ways of testing, etc. probably don't work in the same way as yours. Awesomenauts is a 5 year old game and, as Marukyu pointed out, there's a lot in it.

Apart from the fact that I've already used their tools through the AI editor (which is, as far as I'm currently aware, identical to their own AI management tool) and ASM which is a less powerful version of their own settings editor, SettingsManagerNitro, which is confirmable if you ever watched any of their development steams back when they were still a thing. Both of these tools are incredibly easy to use and my hat goes off to who ever designed the structure of the settings files in particular, as they are very modular and powerful.

Just to try and add a bit of credibility to my own experiences with their settings files (which is what nearly every one of 4.4's issues come from), I've created a large number of mods with their settings files, with a couple listed below:
https://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30556
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/asmbetatesters/discussions/2/540735426454493995/
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/asmbetatesters/discussions/2/540737958352484783/

I've also attempted to assist the design team during their steams such as when Fabian was trying to make smokescreen give a shield for over an hour;
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/35598285
Or when he couldn't figure out how to make tedris work on a cooldown based system;
https://gyazo.com/bfffd6957fb4356d93cc707da7b2687a
Or when my showcase of the current CIC for sentry got a few settings wrong in the live implementation;
https://gyazo.com/d185eb3444a7507527f6b89705bff790
These are not being shared in an attempt to discredit his abilities but as to try and prove that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to their settings files. Additionally I also provided assistance to the old balance team by prototyping the decrease in leon's tongue speed back in patch 2.6 as per request of Sam!

Duskitty wrote:
I'm gonna guess your game doesn't have as much of a following as Awesomenauts does (not to be rude or anything, just saying that if it's a game developed by one person then it probably isn't as big or complex as games with a bigger team), and therefore will not have as big a playerbase, which means less angry, negative people.
I haven't even seen the name of your game mentioned, so I don't know what it is, or where to play it, or how many people have played it/heard of it.

Was wondering when this question would be brought up. My current game I'm working on is a Roblox game called The Final Stand 2 and I get an average playercount of 540 on the weekends and 176 during the weekdays. If we're talking about peaks then I've peaked just under 1000 concurrent players and a total of 5,733,056 users have played my game. In terms of financials I'd rather not publicly disclose them, but I'm making a fair bit above the average for my country at least. It's probably not the best time to present my game as I'm currently working on a very large update which will be released by the end of this week and, hopefully, give me a nice boost to my playerbase.

Obviously It's not as complex as something such as Awesomenauts, but it's a project I'm almost entirely working on by myself, so it's to be expected. I am still getting roughly 40% of Awesomenaut's concurrent playerbase however.

Duskitty wrote:
Going off all this, then yes, you wouldn't receive such a large amount of backlash as Ronimo does. MOBAs tend to attract pretty... outspoken people as well, and not all of those people will be nice.

It's also worth noting that some people handle criticism in different ways. One person might be demotivated seeing an angry, hateful response to their game, while others might take it as a sign to prove the angry, hateful person wrong, and strive to improve because of this criticism.

Fair points, but striving to improve upon criticism has always been part of me personally, as I've found it a lot more productive to tackle issues rather than ignore them. I can't speak on behalf of Ronimo's staff if they hold the opposite view or empathize with them too well in that case.

Duskitty wrote:
@ the upgrade testing thing: some upgrades, abilities, features, etc. can be tied to other, seemingly unrelated things in ways you probably wouldn't anticipate. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but you'd be surprised at what's tied to what.

I can't think of a single upgrade in Awesomenauts that would exhibit this type of behavior due to the way they have their data organised. As far as I'm aware, your proposed claim here is untrue.

2 Balance Rules

1) No upgrade should be mandatory
2) No upgrade should outclass or be overly reliant on another upgrade

My steam
Leader of Team HDTV

Jasper wrote:
Well Lashes and Sunballs are about as strong

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 pm 

It's been a week, is there an ETA for the next hotfix? Hoping it will fix all the remaining issues...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:36 pm 

Kewn wrote:
We were hoping to see centrifuge fixed too! It was done like 10 minutes after the deadline, heh.

Why only release big patches? Why no small hotfixes?
I'm already holding back on playing because I was waiting for some remaining bugs to be fixed
but pff... it's taking a bit too long imho

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:09 pm 

you broke the one upgrade that gave pub yoolips any worth at all

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm 

They also need to fix Ted's airstrike.
The new indicator made fast weapon switching after airstrike impossible.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next