Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 pm
Posts: 234
Location: THAT'S PRIVATE
Okay I have had it to about here "initiates gesture" with salt and toxicity in this game.

"wow we had to carry this player"
"this player is deadweight"
"rekt"
"Useless Zorks"

You get the picture..And you all know what I'm talking about because you all have or had played this game at some point right? Anyway And now to my point.

I feel like we should introduce a reward to nice players...ones who can encourage others and bite their tongue when they are handed a bad game. weather its just a medal..a special accumulative value...or anything. I just want to see people try. I do it and it gets me nowhere. People still respect them because they're "good" and not because of how they act...and it makes me sick. And no, seeing the Vip Duck medal doesn't mean anything to me anymore...because a majority of players I've faced with those are some of the worst. (those who aren't know who you are)

Anyways..just thought this should be said..despite it's response. (or not)

_________________
I'm Sandy;D
I like foxes.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:13 pm
Posts: 3120
Location: In AR where Moba games don't exist
If you think it's bad, every other Moba game is 1400 times worse

Simply because there are more people that can be toxic per match


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 pm
Posts: 234
Location: THAT'S PRIVATE
Well someone has to stand up to the plague. It's demoralizing....And I bet such an incentive would make people nicer, decreasing angry reviewers...bringing more peoples in?

_________________
I'm Sandy;D
I like foxes.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:35 pm
Posts: 843
Location: Grenoble, France
As good intentionned your post is, from my experience, people who like to grief it's not just because they can't control themselves, it's because it's part of their culture. They actually expect you to grief them as well, and have fun that way.

I'm still having troubles to understand them.. But that was the argument of some of them during a Steam discussion a couple of months (or a year?) ago.

Having a "nice person" medal would only discriminate those that haven't them. Also, it would feel weird to wear the medal. A bonus of Awesomepoints could be nice - let's say at the end of the match you can upvote everyone who's been fairplay, and those that receive majority of votes get the bonus. But I'm doubtful on how much of an impact it would have.

_________________
Admin of the Rollcage steam group
GRIP - Intense futuristic combat racer


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 pm
Posts: 234
Location: THAT'S PRIVATE
Well maybe just Earn it in-game. It doesn't have to be a special hand out or anything either.
Maybe you get so many upvotes after a match I dunno. Just something...anything... :think:

_________________
I'm Sandy;D
I like foxes.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:13 pm
Posts: 3120
Location: In AR where Moba games don't exist
I mean yes, I understand your point, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Some people are just the way they are and even if they will try their best to be nice, everyone else in community will still be toxic. Someone blames somebody during one match and it makes that person frustrated enough to blame somebody for something the match after. It's a neverending circle you can't just break with one post or heck, even 100+ posts.

You can be nice to each other all you want, you can even ill these people with kindness, but they'll still take even that as being mean on rude. It's the internet.

There's no point making those sort of 'Be nice!' messages. Pricks will not stop being pricks if you force them into it. Maybe if they have some thought left, they'll realize it's better to not act angry or blame everybody or the time. That's the worst part of the Moba games, they might be multiplayer and addictive, but they also encourage and bait people with that kind of behaviour.

Anyways back on topic of said rewards to nice players... It would never work
Why? Because we already have similar mechanic in this game. Duck MVP Badges. And yes a lot of the people with them are generally nice, but I see just as many people being a perfect example of what's worst in the community while still being so called MVP.

If you will implement another currently unneeded mechanic people will just find ways to abuse it again and give 'nice player rewards' to everyone, but said nice players. Again, keep in mind MOST of this community is toxic and most of them would rather give this award to themselves.

Over years I've been trying my best to be nice and supportive person while playing this game, sure, I was taken by emotions one or two times and if my teamate were failing or feeding I would've given them an advice, but it will still be an advice in their best interest so they could become better players and enjoy the game more.

I was being "NICE" not because of a physical reward, but because I wanted to. Where's my reward? More Awesomepoints? Nah thanks, I'd rather keep the chat off on that point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Côte D'azur
there's one good way to be nice to people.

Unbind chat key.
Remove all-chat and team-chat.
Congrats

_________________
Steam :raehands:

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive


CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag


_olaffff wrote:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:58 am
Posts: 976
Location: My Computer
I'm glad ducks were already brought up, because if someone suggested they were already the mark of positive community members, my reaction would have been this.

_________________
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Fan Naut - Dr. Talbot
Mah Scribblins
https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm
Posts: 5615
Location: Barrier Magazine Marketing Department
Just call it a commending system. :aylaroll:

On topic: It's a fine notion but rather pointless overall. Giving the matchmaker another variable to consider when finding matches (player ranking - putting "good" players with other "good" players) would just result in longer wait times.

What we need is the ability to block players back. Player blocking served as an automatic filter for toxic players and hackers, forcing them to shape up their act or doom themselves to alienation by the whole community.

_________________
I was Chogi.
Emo Chapington wrote:
[Post brought to you by GuyBrush]
Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:04 pm
Posts: 1373
potterman28wxcv wrote:
As good intentionned your post is, from my experience, people who like to grief it's not just because they can't control themselves, it's because it's part of their culture. They actually expect you to grief them as well, and have fun that way.

I'm still having troubles to understand them.. But that was the argument of some of them during a Steam discussion a couple of months (or a year?) ago.

Having a "nice person" medal would only discriminate those that haven't them. Also, it would feel weird to wear the medal. A bonus of Awesomepoints could be nice - let's say at the end of the match you can upvote everyone who's been fairplay, and those that receive majority of votes get the bonus. But I'm doubtful on how much of an impact it would have.

League has honor system. Basically at the end of each match you can pick one of your teammates to honor them for one of three things. When you are honored you get a cute little ribbon on top of your champ border in the next loading screen that everyone, including enemies, can see. More honors = higher honor level (everyone starts at level 3 and it goes up until lvl 5. If you get banned/silenced, your honor level drops. If it goes down to level 2 and below you stop earning rewards (keys, lootboxes and newly introduced honor capsules).

While it is true that many use it to honor the best player or the player who carried the game, this system does a work a bit. I personally have a toxic friend with whom I duoQ regularly. Ever since the honor system came out he tries to be more positive and if we are losing he barely ever speaks out.

Not saying 'Nauts needs something like this, but it goes to show that a simple player controlled system (to certain extent, a lot of things are still controlled by Riot) can improve your players.

_________________
Steam
Rotation: :think: :fist: :rocco: :yoolip:
Didu wrote:

HarryButchers wrote:
ColossalDonut5 wrote:
HarryButchers wrote:
Steam Achievement Manager.

Are we saying no to it?

We should!

Emo Chapington wrote:
You are all that is wrong with this world.

yolvenzind wrote:
You have always been truly handsome


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next