Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: An incentive to be nice.
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm 

allstarsniper32 wrote:
Marshmallow_Fox wrote:
allstarsniper32 wrote:
The point I'm making is that not having all chat would be better, but apparently, 90% of the nauts few hundred player base doesn't agree with me.

Because not having all chat wouldn't be better.

Sure. I don't feel that way at all but you seem to know what's best for everyone.

can we not smudge #s, there was like 2 people opposing during the all chat removal discussion. its more like 99.99% and the remaining .01% who dont want social interaction in their multiplayer games for some reason can turn chat off.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:39 pm 

I think you misunderstood my opinion about the question allstar.
I never commented about the possibility of removing all chat lol.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 pm 

I mentioned there should be an honor system 4 yrs ago.. for the exact same reasons, make people positive and helpful

I was ridiculed and told I was an idiot.. wish you good luck in this endeavor.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:54 pm 

person on the enemy team stomps game

GG EZ MID COMMEND ME

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
speartongue wrote:
I mentioned there should be an honor system 4 yrs ago.. for the exact same reasons, make people positive and helpful

As funny as Klawblaster was back then, you did resort to attacking everyone in the thread—it was extraordinarily amusing. There are more elegant ways to handle people, I would say.

On-topic: please, no George Orwell-levels of personality discrimination.

"My badge says I ragequit 0.0044% less than you do, you heartless monster: how dare you bask in the glory that is my incorruptable spirit, unwashed heathen-trash."

That is exactly what the system would become—those that do not care about abandoning will not care about the numbers telling others they abandon.

I would say "try it to see" but there are bigger issues at the moment.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:22 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
speartongue wrote:

As funny as Klawblaster was back then, you did resort to attacking everyone in the thread—it was extraordinarily amusing. There are more elegant ways to handle people, I would say.

On-topic: please, no George Orwell-levels of personality discrimination.

"My badge says I ragequit 0.0044% less than you do, you heartless monster: how dare you bask in the glory that is my incorruptable spirit, unwashed heathen-trash."

That is exactly what the system would become—those that do not care about abandoning will not care about the numbers telling others they abandon.

I would say "try it to see" but there are bigger issues at the moment.

I don't think that would happen. I mean, I don't see people lauding their profile levels and profile level medals over others. There might certainly be people who do, but I haven't seen any in the time since we've gotten medals.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 am 

exactly. I think the majority of people would benefit from that.

an Honor system would reward players doing good, and punish players doing bad.

it works everywhere, Uber, Airbnb, reddit, but not awesomenauts? come on...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 am 

allstarsniper32 wrote:
Marshmallow_Fox wrote:
allstarsniper32 wrote:
The point I'm making is that not having all chat would be better, but apparently, 90% of the nauts few hundred player base doesn't agree with me.

Because not having all chat wouldn't be better.

Sure. I don't feel that way at all but you seem to know what's best for everyone.

Letting people choose for themselves, muting chat/person or not muting chat/person, is not deciding what's best for everyone, it's letting them choose for themselves. Just saying "there should be no all-chat" is deciding what's best for everyone.

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:03 am 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
can we not smudge #s, there was like 2 people opposing during the all chat removal discussion. its more like 99.99% and the remaining .01% who dont want social interaction in their multiplayer games for some reason can turn chat off.

And how many people that play the game are active in any discussion? I know when I was really active in the game I wasn't even part of the forums.

And I don't want there to be no social interaction, I would just rather there being no all chat. But honestly, I only feel that way cause the only way to play against people right now is both ranked and quick play at the same time. If it was ranked only, then I would say for sure all chat should be turned off but all chat is just fine for something like quick play.

People seem to think I'm against having it at all in the game, while I'm just stating that removing it would lessen toxicity in matches.

Doppelganger wrote:
I think you misunderstood my opinion about the question allstar.
I never commented about the possibility of removing all chat lol.

Really?

allstarsniper32 wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
there's one good way to be nice to people.

Unbind chat key.
Remove all-chat and team-chat.
Congrats

I like this. I never understood why any PvP game would have an all-chat during the match. I remember them talking about removing or keeping all-chat and it was decided to keep all-chat. I feel like that's a mistake. Not just for nauts but other games that have it as well. I mean, I played Overwatch and all-chat on that was terrible too. There does need to be team-chat, but as we all know, people abuse that and are toxic to their own team mates.

It looks like right there you said a good way to be nice to people would be to remove all-chat and team-chat. Did I read that wrong?

And then my post was just me explaining why I think removing all-chat would be good. And that's all I say in my posts.

But whatever, you want all-chat to stay in the game? That's fine, but don't want to keep it then complain later when you get some toxic person in a match that's toxic in all-chat either to you or someone on your team being toxic to the enemy team.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:41 am 

Any implementation for controlling toxicity would be driven by the community, if you're not offended or hurt by other people's words, you don't need to act upon it (like voting, etc)
But being called an idiot and a piece of "Zork" because of a Video game is absolutely horrendous and I'm not going to stand for it. I deal with enough depression and self hatred in my real life. And i deal with the same type of people at work because they think they're better than everyone else...or just mad because they really aren't...either way it's not my business. It's just people forcing it to be your business...in awesomenauts at least...unless you turn chat off or mute. But you don't' know how toxic someone can be until they speak their first word...and by then the damage is done.

Anyway the only reason I still play is because I've made alot of great friends in this game...and i want to make more. I just hate having to tread through the poison to get there.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE