Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 pm 

Is it just me or there are other people too who are annoyed with the fact that Ronimo is recently pouring out skins that you paid for in the past? And yes, let me stop you from saying how some skins might be old yeah, but initially we did pay for them in the past full price to support the game from going extinct and now there are so many things being thrown out for free to attract new people while I sit here regretting my purchases.

I wouldn't feel like this though if there is ANY appreciation being shown to old supporters (talking in years) by giving them some cool badge or some cool portraits in return instead of showing them middle finger while kissing new people's butts who, let's be real, won't stay for even until end of this year. Well 98% of them at least

I understand playerbase is decreasing again but this time Ronimo is losing veterans as well (at least from what I've heard and seen on my friend list) but this really isn't okay and it makes me feel like total poo.

I miss the old :voltarroll:

Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:33 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I was expecting the anniversary skins to be unique ones.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

NekiCoule wrote:
...I'm not trying to seduce you or any kind of propaganda for your great wisdom I swear I'm not...

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:51 pm 

you paid money for them and got to have them years earlier than all the newbies did, just like when you bought the game

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 pm 

kathy wrote:
you paid money for them and got to have them years earlier than all the newbies did, just like when you bought the game

So? New people didn't even know game existed at all. Just because the skin is old doesn't mean it's okay to make it free, at some point I was a new player as well and I needed to buy all those skins with my own money

My whole point in this is to rather make some content that will be free for everyone instead of giving away stuff that old supporters paid for

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:00 pm 

shizzmayway wrote:
My whole point in this is to rather make some content that will be free for everyone instead of giving away stuff that old supporters paid for

why does this bother you? if it gets new players excited to play the game and stick around for more than a week, you should be happy.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
shizzmayway wrote:

why does this bother you? if it gets new players excited to play the game and stick around for more than a week, you should be happy.

It bothers me because I paid for it, I don't see how you're missing this point? It makes me feel like Ronimo isn't appreciating constant support from old players since there hasn't been anything "free" for old supporters.

Your reply seems like it's whatever and we should just throw EVERYTHING at new players to peak their interest by showering them with skins instead of dealing with real problems of this game. This is a really desperate move in my eyes, honestly, and by doing this they are further repulsing old playerbase in exchange for temporary boost in player statistics which will again start decreasing in a matter of months.

There are alternatives to this "free content" fiesta. Like for example taking few days to make an exclusive skin just like koala ayla and honeydew skolldir instead of milking money from supporters then when you had enough just throw it away to free content trash so other people can take it for free. This anniversary event didn't do anything for me and majority of this community since everything that was in this "special" 5 years anniversary event was just some almost useless xp boost (for people who already own all chars) and already purchased skins.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:25 pm 

old supporters got every character in the game without having to do any of the tedious grinding, and they also got a shiny medal to show off for it
there could stand to have been something more but either way you're making a big deal out of nothing (as always happens in situations like this)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:35 pm 

kathy wrote:
old supporters got every character in the game without having to do any of the tedious grinding, and they also got a shiny medal to show off for it
there could stand to have been something more but either way you're making a big deal out of nothing (as always happens in situations like this)

Old supporters PAID for that as well and only people who have purchased all dlcs were "blessed" with the all nauts pack for free to compensate for f2p release. New people can do that as well by paying 25$ or choose to collect awesomepoints to unlock characters so I don't see any weight in that argument because it's not like old supporters got it for free, they basically paid for it just like new people would need to pay too if they want that option as well. :thumb:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:11 pm 

it wouldnt have felt so bad if there was anything worthwhile during the 5 year anniversary for older player.s those who already had those skins had nothing to be hyped about.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 am 

I paid money for them and am annoyed. I bought them because I felt they are special/some support for the good game.

And "you bought them years ago" argument work with the skins as it works with standalone games. The reasons of buying skins and buying a game are completely different. Also, I didnt buy some of the skins years ago, I bought them quite recently in fact.