Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Côte D'azur
If you really want to know, I pretty much don't care about that because I'm smart enough to wait to possess those said skins by any means (events, giveway, etc...)
It's just a matter of being smart enough, and if you're * about smt like that, then I'm sorry, but there've been dozen of games that have done the exact same thing; doesn't however mean I would stop playing these because booo, my money has been spent for nothing.

Want a fact? when ronimo gave away periodically a skin during the summer, there were F2P peoples who BOUGHT those skins which were * off as well because if they simply waited, they'll have received them without paying.

Patience is key, that's all.

_________________
Steam :raehands:

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive


CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag


_olaffff wrote:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2310
Location: Tomorrowland
I can't really say much because I got all of my 40 skins for free lmao

_________________
My concise guide to balancing
Cynderp wrote:
The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Posts: 474
Waiting and being patient has nothing to do with being smart... (although that was probably just being provocative on purpose).

I dont care about getting free skins, I actually am more happy about paid skins which everyone does -not have-. The value of owning the skin comes from the price tag of it! There is no "value" of owning something that everyone else has as well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Côte D'azur
IsoKoala wrote:
(although that was probably just being provocative on purpose)


weakling

_________________
Steam :raehands:

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive


CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag


_olaffff wrote:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 69
There is no need to be passive aggressive and basically call people stupid just because they support the game. If everyone was like you are, the game would be dead by now because no one would purchase skins or announcers and the game would come crashing down years ago.

The point of putting skins into the game is to encourage people to support the game developers and in return getting a cool skin (for which you clearly paid for).

If you prefer not buying anything then that's completely fine, I also myself didn't buy 100% all skins, some I got from tournaments a while ago but that again isn't just a "throw out in the free zone trash" since my team was competing for prizes.

Upon writing this post initially I knew people would say how I am just "whining for nothing" but mostly those are people who either got those skins for free or they just don't play the game anymore or barely put any time into it, just my assumption, correct me if I'm wrong. I understand it'll make a lot of new players happy or people who decide not buying cosmetics but in my opinion devs completely ignore loyal buyers who keep buying their content which enables the game the still be alive today

_________________
My Steam

I miss the old :voltarroll:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm
Posts: 5580
Location: Barrier Magazine Marketing Department
shizzmayway wrote:
kathy wrote:
you paid money for them and got to have them years earlier than all the newbies did, just like when you bought the game

So? New people didn't even know game existed at all. Just because the skin is old doesn't mean it's okay to make it free, at some point I was a new player as well and I needed to buy all those skins with my own money

My whole point in this is to rather make some content that will be free for everyone instead of giving away stuff that old supporters paid for

+1 to this. I was really * that Ronimo couldn't even give away arbitrary Awesomepoints to veterans who already had the skins they gave out.
Just goes to show that they don't care about the veterans of the community and are stuck chasing the F2P cash grab money.

_________________
I was Chogi.
Emo Chapington wrote:
[Post brought to you by GuyBrush]
Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:44 am
Posts: 1987
Location: Maybe far away or maybe real near by.
I love how this happens every single time something goes free that was previously paid content in a game. It's not like people are consistent about their complaints. If the content goes free, everyone cries for refunds or compensation. You know what never happens? Cries for compensation when a game goes on sale for next to nothing. I know several people who got the game for 1$ on steam sales and several more who got it as part of a humble bundle where they got this game, and several others for 1$.

Why don't sales make people rage? No one rages and demands that Romino refund them 9$ during a daily deal during a Steam Summer sale. Nor do they complain that a substantial amount of people got the game for free before FTP at conventions like Gamescom and PAX.

There's literally no difference to the paying player between a partial-full temporary discount and a full price indefinite discount. If a reduced price bothers you, it should always bother you. If you want a full refund when the game goes free, you should also want a refund when a crap ton people get the game for a discount or free at an event/promotion. Otherwise, you are kind of being inconsistent and selectively salty tbh. :jimmy:

I paid $10 for this game and I don't regret it. I wanted to play this game without needing to wait for it to become a free game and use the base characters without needing to unlock them with AP. Guess what? That's still a discount to what it costs to unlock the base nauts without using AP now. Would you side with someone who buys each non-expansion naut for $4-$5 each totaling well over $40-$80 complaining that some people got all the base nauts without using AP for free during promotion or at a discount when all of them used to cost $10?

What skins are free with AP now anyways? I have all but like the 5 most recent skins minus the dizzy skin so I'll have to check on my alt.

All that aside, Ronimo certainly could do better in terms of veteran appreciation. The methodology of how they give away freeware could stand to see some improvement. But since I don't think freedom to alter price on the distributer's behalf is an issue and I don't think that holding companies to an expectation of always keeping their content priced the same is something that everyone wants deep down, I won't condemn them for giving free crap to people.

Admit it, While you may not like it when other people get free crap and massive discounts, you LOVE it when you do and would hate to never see a chance to get another 90% discount or free game again. So unless you want to push to boycott all price changes, you don't really have the grounds to consistently do much more than whine.

Unless you want to be hypocritical but that's your problem, not mine. lol :shrug:

_________________
Diz Hydron wrote:
Catgame21234 wrote:
Hail Hydro

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:


Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Posts: 474
Diz Hydron wrote:

Admit it, While you may not like it when other people get free crap and massive discounts, you LOVE it when you do and would hate to never see a chance to get another 90% discount or free game again. So unless you want to push to boycott all price changes, you don't really have the grounds to consistently do much more than whine.


No, I dont mind people getting stuff for free. Not at all. Even if I pay triple-A game for 50 bucks and its free 2 months later, I dont mind that. The issue with skins is whole different issue to me at least. The problem is not others getting something for free, its issue of inflating the value of something that used to stand out and show that you have a special place for that characters, so that you spend money to show it off etc. Giving everyone the same skin inflates the meaning of owning and using a skin.

Doesnt work reliably after certain ranks anymore, but at lower ranks I remember how I could actually know that the opponent is probably strong by having a skin for it as a proof of maining that character.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 69
I never mentioned here that I am upset for the game itself going f2p, what I issued were the skins. The way I found out about the awesomenauts is by getting a discount coupon randomly and then asking my friends about the game, if it's good and worth buying, so I bought the game for about 50% off or so. But like I said, that's not the issue, my complaint is about skins going free.

And I also don't mind the sales, every game sometimes has sales, even every moba if you wait the right time for them so you can get some cosmetics 50% off. You still need to pay for the content though which doesn't make the skin lose its value, it still is a paid content and paid cosmetic. And yes, there is a difference between putting things on sale and just giving a bunch of stuff away. It's like you say "oh what is the difference if you pay 5€ for something or you get it for free". There IS a difference. Skins are supposed to make you look unique and they are a way of showing support in any moba, that's just how things are and how companies stay alive that have their games set to f2p. The skin loses its value once every single player gets it for free. Also I need to mention that they NEVER stated that the skin will be free in the future, I am sure that if they stated that on skin's release, very few people would actually buy the skin and rather wait for it to go free.

I remember watching streamisho a while ago and Jasper said himself how bots will never have skins because skins are meant to make you look unique and they are for players only, how they show your support for the game and they will only be special for people who decide supporting the game.

I play LOL sometimes and they do have few free skins which they made for everyone to be free for at any time. They can be compared to honeydew skolldir and koala ayla since you can obtain them at any time and they can not be purchased. So why make other people pay for some content and then later give it away for free to other group? Skins are supposed to be only cosmetics for supporters, the game itself is free and you can play it whenever and as long as you want, skins are only addition to make your chars look different, they don't give any advantage in game or special perks (if we ofc forget about bugged skins in past), so why would you make loyal supporters pay for the game just to lie tothem later and give those skins away for free? At least they should state on the skin's release about it being free somewhere in future.

_________________
My Steam

I miss the old :voltarroll:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, free skins
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm
Posts: 5580
Location: Barrier Magazine Marketing Department
I'm not one of those people who wants my ten dollars back because the game's now free, nor am I one of those people who want my... well, ten dollars back because the skins were made free.
I just feel really annoyed that absolutely nothing was given to veteran players who, you know, helped Awesomenauts survive for this long. Meanwhile the brand new players who didn't know what this game even was before the F2P update are essentially being invited to a club with blackjack and hookers. :ix:

_________________
I was Chogi.
Emo Chapington wrote:
[Post brought to you by GuyBrush]
Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next